✟1,108,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
barley 2023 002.jpg

My barley crop is looking magnificent this year.

Praise to our Creator, who brings forth life in the earth.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Its shot up here in the wild also. Mostly near the river bottoms alongside river oats
That's awesome! I haven't seen it grow wild in my neck of the woods. I've been trying to get mine to self propagate, to no avail. This year I bought from a grower who grew his seed on a no-till farm. Hopefully this will be the crop that self generates.

If you can get pictures of what you have seen; it would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's awesome! I haven't seen it grow wild in my neck of the woods. I've been trying to get mine to self propagate, to no avail. This year I bought from a grower who grew his seed on a no-till farm. Hopefully this will be the crop that self generates.

If you can get pictures of what you have seen; it would be appreciated.
I'll share the photos if possible.
Though there may by an eye [ayin] untrained difference between late rye and early barley!

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
wall barley
Hordeum murinum is a species of flowering plant in the grass family Poaceae, commonly known as wall barley or false barley. It is a close relative of cultivated barley (H. vulgare).

Uses​

Although H. murinum is considered a difficult weed in cereal crop fields,[4] it is useful for feeding grazing animals.[4] It is also the main source of forage for cattle production in areas with water deficits.[3]

Thanks for the info.

I'll cross this one off my list of prospects for a care free barley patch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟172,891.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Lovely Barley.

The three major Jewish festivals are all related to the growth season of Barley.

First Fruits of the Barley (Omer) (Lev. 23:9-14) During the Passover period symbols Messiah’s resurrection.

Exo. 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

God issued Torah to Moses and Ruth picked up the ears of Barley during Pentecost.

Upvote 0