Are You Willing To Take A Risk and Make The Sacrifice?

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟347,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heard this on The Wonder Years and it was really convicting and it made me think about evangelism (Back story, Kevin and some friends are planning a 'walkout' at school to protest the war and the principal told them anyone who walks out will be suspended and it will go on their permanent record)...

"In a way you're lucky to have opposition, that's the way life is. It's easy to take a stand on something if there's no risk involved. It's easy to give a quarter to a poor man if you keep a dollar for yourself. It's easy to take a stand against the war so long as nobody asks you to make a real sacrifice."

I feel that's the same way with Christianity... So many people will do the things that don't take any risk, they'll take the easy road. But when it comes to evangelizing and actually putting ourselves out into the harvest field, that's where the real sacrifice comes into play and it's where only a few people are willing to go.

Are you willing to take a risk and make the sacrifice?

• Winner
Reactions: ronlion

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟85,286.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a good quote. I may change it a little and use it.

Your title reminded me of a 7 minute sermon that David Platt did. It is probably the best sermon I have heard to drive someone to share the Gospel.

Also, David, I like the fire you have. The Holy Spirit has put that in you and you must never stifle it. Believers who are on fire should encourage other believers to burn even more. That is what your posts make me feel. I get encouragement on here and it is great.
Often, local believers where I am are not encouraging as they believe we need to become friends before we can share the Gospel. So, it is great to get built up on here. Thanks for that. :)

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟347,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a good quote. I may change it a little and use it.

Your title reminded me of a 7 minute sermon that David Platt did. It is probably the best sermon I have heard to drive someone to share the Gospel.

Also, David, I like the fire you have. The Holy Spirit has put that in you and you must never stifle it. Believers who are on fire should encourage other believers to burn even more. That is what your posts make me feel. I get encouragement on here and it is great.
Often, local believers where I am are not encouraging as they believe we need to become friends before we can share the Gospel. So, it is great to get built up on here. Thanks for that. :)
Thanks for sharing the video! That's really good and makes you think about the billions out there.

I appreciate the encouragement and kind words!! All the Lord's doing. I keep trying to encourage my local church to get out there. I'm blessed I have a guy to now go with me and two ladies who pray for us. Praying to the Lord that he sends out more workers! Iron sharpers iron. :) Keep doing what you're doing as well!! Do you ever make any videos?

Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟85,286.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing the video! That's really good and makes you think about the billions out there.

I appreciate the encouragement and kind words!! All the Lord's doing. I keep trying to encourage my local church to get out there. I'm blessed I have a guy to now go with me and two ladies who pray for us. Praying to the Lord that he sends out more workers! Iron sharpers iron. :) Keep doing what you're doing as well!! Do you ever make any videos?
I haven't made any videos as I do one to one and there is a chance that it could scare some away. So, I am just mindful of that.
Living Waters puts out enough that are really good.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟85,286.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi David. I was just thinking about the quote you posted (As you know, I like to keep good quotes) and was wanting to refine it so that it will apply more to believers. So, this is what I have come up with.
"It's easy to take a stand on something if there's no risk involved. It's easy to give a quarter to a poor man if you keep a dollar for yourself. It's easy to take a stand against the war so long as nobody asks you to make a real sacrifice. Likewise, it is easy to be a Christian as long as we do not have to tell strangers the Gospel."
I am not 100% happy with the wording as I believe it could be better. So, I have underlined the part that I am not sure of. I think it can be worded better. Any ideas?

Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟347,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Nathan!! Love how you turn it into a quote for evangelism! Man, this can go so many different ways...

"It's easy to take a stand on something if there's no risk involved. It's easy to give a quarter to a poor man if you keep a dollar for yourself. It's easy to take a stand against the war so long as nobody asks you to make a real sacrifice............

1. Likewise, it is easy to be a Christian as long as we don't have to go out into the world and share the Gospel.
  2. Likewise, it is easy to be a Christian as long as we don't have to make any changes in our lives.
I'd love to hear more!

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0