Are you a "Moderate SDA"? IF so what do you mean by that?

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Actually, you have two returns of Christ, just like the dispensationalists. The scriptures only account for 1 return.

How can Jesus reign for those 1000 years here on earth when the bible clearly states when Jesus returns for us, the world is left destroyed and empty?

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

If the brightness of God destroys the wicked one--it will destroy all the living wicked when He comes.

If the living wicked are dead, and all the saved are with Jesus---there is nothing on this earth to reign over.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Christ and all the saved are not going to be on an empty, burned up earth. And it does not get remade until after the thousand years.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The new Jerusalem is not on this earth until after the 1000 years, until after the 2nd resurrection (of the wicked), the first resurrection is of the saved, and not until after the judgement of the wicked.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How can Jesus reign for those 1000 years here on earth when the bible clearly states when Jesus returns for us, the world is left destroyed and empty?

Indeed. And how can Rev 20 be the "first resurrection" and yet NOT be the 1 Thess 4 resurrection of the saints??? That is not even possible.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When I was a kid---you were either an SDA, or you weren't. I have no recollection of all these different kinds of SDA. I only heard of them after I got on this website. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When I was a kid---you were either an SDA, or you weren't. I have no recollection of all these different kinds of SDA. I only heard of them after I got on this website. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention!

Well in the "old days" there were various conservative branches like Shepherd's Rod , Brimsmead etc. But I don't remember a liberal variation that actually had a "name" back then.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I consider myself a moderate adventist, mainly because I see the Evangelical Adventists as nothing more than evangelicals. And because I'm too liberal too consider myself a Traditional Adventist. When it comes to theological issues like the IJ, and the like, I am pretty much with the traditionals; however when it comes to tho social issues like womens ordination, wine in the Bible, not to mention anything political, I am most definitely on the liberal side of things.

Basically, I could go with point 2 of your list there.

Sounds reasonable to me

Upvote 0