Any suspicious voting methods in your country.?

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now i'm not saying that there is any cheating going on because there is no proof of it , but sometimes you do have to wonder.
For example here in OZ when we vote , we are given the usual ballot paper or papers to fill out with the candidates of our choice.
We are then supplied by them with a lead pencil to fill out our ballot , we are not allowed to use a blue or black ink pen.

Well......um.....you know , like a lead pencil tick or x in the choice box could be rubbed out. Of course they tell us they wouldn't do that , stop being paranoid and trust your gov , yeah right!

Anyway , any sus goings on with voting in your country ?

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now i'm not saying that there is any cheating going on because there is no proof of it , but sometimes you do have to wonder.
For example here in OZ when we vote , we are given the usual ballot paper or papers to fill out with the candidates of our choice.
We are then supplied by them with a lead pencil to fill out our ballot , we are not allowed to use a blue or black ink pen.

Well......um.....you know , like a lead pencil tick or x in the choice box could be rubbed out. Of course they tell us they wouldn't do that , stop being paranoid and trust your gov , yeah right!

That is strange. I am not a scientist, so I do not know why graphite pencils are used in Australia. In the US, we can use pen. The only thing suspicious about voting in the US is that we have the Electoral College. The votes for the president are not direct. Also, there have been reports of Trump supporters near the polling places who carry guns.

Electoral college: What is the Electoral College?
Guns at voting places, scary stuff*: Guns Don’t Belong at Polling Locations

*Michael Waldman's article, published on October 25, 2022, emphasizes the dangers and inappropriateness of bringing guns to polling places. He begins by stating that guns do not enhance election security but rather intimidate legal voters and pose a risk of violence. The author then shares recent incidents of armed individuals near ballot drop boxes in Maricopa County, Arizona, which he describes as clear examples of voter suppression.
Waldman argues that the Second Amendment does not grant unfettered gun rights in all situations, including at polling places. He cites historical precedents dating back to the late 19th century when courts ruled that carrying guns to voting sites was improper and unnecessary. Even in the most recent landmark Second Amendment case, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, Justice Clarence Thomas explicitly mentioned polling places as areas where the government could restrict gun possession.
The article acknowledges that existing voter intimidation laws might be insufficient to address instances involving guns at polling places. Some states, such as Arizona, have regulations banning gun carriage nearby; however, these measures alone aren't enough, according to Waldman. He suggests that Congress should pass a national ban on carrying firearms within 100 yards of a federal election site, allowing exemptions only for law enforcement and security personnel. This proposed legislation aims to prevent any potential harm caused by the presence of guns during elections.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems pretty wild over there Alex , sounds like the wild west still exists.
But back to the gov side of things , you say you can use pens , well that's fantastic , doing better than us.

I heard that you guys use electronic voting as well , how secure would that be ?.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, but the "Elders," the "Guardians at the Gates," want to convert our country to a "Biblical Worldview." Their idea of entertainment is getting their members elected to the library boards (usually due to their generous donations) so that they can ban books for fun.

One of their harebrained ideas is "paper ballots," although a paper ballot trial in Arizona was found to be rife with errors. I guess they believe that by letting their retired members count ballots by hand they can question signatures of 'questionable' voters or otherwise doctor the results to match their Biblical Worldview.

Please don't think that I am not a supporter of the Bible. I support the Bible, but not their fundamentalist picking and choosing of the parts of the Bible that are to their liking. Don't they know that Jesus never mentioned abortion, but talked about poverty so much, that, were He living in our town today, they would be blackballing him from their organization.

So, as a "guardian of the vote," I, and like minded others, intend to prevent these extremists from infiltrating our government with their plants.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, they have started to allow cats to vote!!
Well that's probably because England doesn't have a high asian immigration policy.
We on the other hand do , very nice people , fantastic cooks , lots of restaurants and very few cats running around.
To be honest , the meat is better than pork , no kidding true story. Although the police do take a dim view of it.

But you be very careful if you come this way , look up Bosintang.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,012.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well that's probably because England doesn't have a high asian immigration policy.
We on the other hand do , very nice people , fantastic cooks , lots of restaurants and very few cats running around.
To be honest , the meat is better than pork , no kidding true story. Although the police do take a dim view of it.

But you be very careful if you come this way , look up Bosintang.

I dont live in England. I live in the UK.

Upvote 0

John G.

Feb 2, 2024
N. Ireland
✟13,138.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Divorced
Here, in N. Ireland, ou MUST bring photo ID with you to the polling place.
Your name and address are then checked against a list and you are given a paper ballot to fill out in booths that are a couple of yards away.
You then bring it back where it was given you and deposit your folded ballot into the box on the table.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Here it's the mail-in balloting that's an opening for potential bad-actors, that and of course the states which don't check ID...

But honestly, I'm more concerned with "Big-Tech's" and "Big Media" censorship and propaganda programs in collaboration with the state (aka the US government) to shut down any speech in opposition to what is now the state party's (aka the Democrat party) narrative.

That's the real danger.

They are going to try and make anonymous speech illegal next, it was actually one of Haley's talking points in her presidential bid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your name and address are then checked against a list and you are given a paper ballot to fill out in booths that are a couple of yards away.
You then bring it back where it was given you and deposit your folded ballot into the box on the table.
Do you use a lead pencil like us or a pen?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's the way it's always been in America, changes to this are very very recent changes... Just a few years ago even the left was against things like mail in ballots in America.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you use a lead pencil like us or a pen?

In America you use a black pen, which they provide at the polling place.

Legal documents are always in black or blue pen here. And a ballot is nothing if not a legal document.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here it's the mail-in balloting that's an opening for potential bad-actors...

But honestly, I'm more concerned with "Big-Tech's" and "Big Media" censorship and propaganda programs in collaboration with the state (aka the US government) to shut down any speech in opposition to what is now the state party's (aka the Democrat party) narrative.

That's the real danger.

They are going to try and make anonymous speech illegal next, it was actually one of Haley's talking points in her presidential bid.
Goodness me what ever happened to free speech.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Goodness me what ever happened to free speech.

When the Internet and News Media are controlled by corporations who do the bidding of the "party" government, free speech is no longer a given and propaganda is king.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Photo ID that's different but sounds like it would work.
They just ask us if we have voted anywhere else , and they believe the answer we give , which is no.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, but the "Elders," the "Guardians at the Gates," want to convert our country to a "Biblical Worldview." Their idea of entertainment is getting their members elected to the library boards (usually due to their generous donations) so that they can ban books for fun.

One of their harebrained ideas is "paper ballots," although a paper ballot trial in Arizona was found to be rife with errors. I guess they believe that by letting their retired members count ballots by hand they can question signatures of 'questionable' voters or otherwise doctor the results to match their Biblical Worldview.

Please don't think that I am not a supporter of the Bible. I support the Bible, but not their fundamentalist picking and choosing of the parts of the Bible that are to their liking. Don't they know that Jesus never mentioned abortion, but talked about poverty so much, that, were He living in our town today, they would be blackballing him from their organization.

So, as a "guardian of the vote," I, and like minded others, intend to prevent these extremists from infiltrating our government with their plants.
The more I hear you guys speak on America the more happy I am that I wasn't born there.
It seems so strange on how much it has changed .

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The more I hear you guys speak on America the more happy I am that I wasn't born there.
It seems so strange on how much it has changed .

Nothing has changed but the wholesale rise of Marxism.

This country was founded on a Biblical worldview - ie, that God is prescriptive in the role and responsibility of governments. That a portion of mans rights come from God alone and not from governments, and its the governments responsibility to protect against any infringement upon the rights that come from God.

The government has followed the Biblical model from it's founding to the best of it's ability (however faultily at times).

Marxists are trying to tear down the system that's existed since our founding so they are pushing out massive amounts of propaganda...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems pretty wild over there Alex , sounds like the wild west still exists.
But back to the gov side of things , you say you can use pens , well that's fantastic , doing better than us.

I heard that you guys use electronic voting as well , how secure would that be ?.
Electronic voting is secure, but I do not know what types of safeguards it uses.

Upvote 0