United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Scott Wiener – "always so inspiring & fun"​

A self-described “leading-edge Order of queer and trans nuns” marked its 45th anniversary Sunday by throwing a bash that included costume contests mocking Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

The San Francisco-based Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence celebrated Easter in Mission Dolores Park, where thousands gathered to attend its “45 Years of Hop(e)” event, which culminated in a “Hunky Jesus & Foxy Mary” contest, according to The San Francisco Chronicle.

Many of the activities at the event were designed for children, such as Easter egg drop, a visit with the Easter bunny, relay races, storybook readings and free youth dental screenings, according to the outlet.

The winner of this year’s “Hunky Jesus” pageant is “Jesus Ken,” a man clad in his underwear who was being crucified inside a Barbie-themed box that made a crude innuendo to a sex act and genital size.

On the back, the box was also decked out with a vulgar poem mocking God the Father and referencing “plastic piety,” as noted in a photo published by SFist.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they (or anybody else) tried this kind of garbage on practically any other group---Blacks, Native Americans, Hindus, Muslims, Hispanics, Asians, Buddhists, even Satanists, you would hear the outraged screams on the surface of Neptune's outer moons. There would be protests, sit-ins, lawsuits, probably even riots.

But Catholics? Nobody cares if Catholics are mocked or persecuted. It's all supposed to be in good fun, don'cha know. :mad:

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Scott Wiener – "always so inspiring & fun"​

A self-described “leading-edge Order of queer and trans nuns” marked its 45th anniversary Sunday by throwing a bash that included costume contests mocking Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

The San Francisco-based Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence celebrated Easter in Mission Dolores Park, where thousands gathered to attend its “45 Years of Hop(e)” event, which culminated in a “Hunky Jesus & Foxy Mary” contest, according to The San Francisco Chronicle.

Many of the activities at the event were designed for children, such as Easter egg drop, a visit with the Easter bunny, relay races, storybook readings and free youth dental screenings, according to the outlet.

The winner of this year’s “Hunky Jesus” pageant is “Jesus Ken,” a man clad in his underwear who was being crucified inside a Barbie-themed box that made a crude innuendo to a sex act and genital size.

On the back, the box was also decked out with a vulgar poem mocking God the Father and referencing “plastic piety,” as noted in a photo published by SFist.

Continued below.
That is so sickening.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If they (or anybody else) tried this kind of garbage on practically any other group---Blacks, Native Americans, Hindus, Muslims, Hispanics, Asians, Buddhists, even Satanists, you would hear the outraged screams on the surface of Neptune's outer moons. There would be protests, sit-ins, lawsuits, probably even riots.

But Catholics? Nobody cares if Catholics are mocked or persecuted. It's all supposed to be in good fun, don'cha know. :mad:
Yep, you’re right. It seems like every group is protected from this sort of thing except Catholics.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not us?
Because Catholicism has not secularized enough to some’s liking and Catholicism has a long history of being persecuted with fallacies that many still believe to this day.

Upvote 0

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis
✟17,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I have face it in the nursing home where I live they asked "why do that" and I told them it is because "I felt like it, it's because my faith is in it and I am pro-live.

Upvote 0