SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 9 weeks pregnant, and so coming up fast to the time where, all going well, we'll be telling people about my pregnancy.

We have close friends who are struggling with infertility. They've been told that there is pretty much no chance they will have their own children.

We don't doubt for a second that they'll be happy for us, but they are going to be privately devestated.

Does anyone have any advice on how we can soften the blow?

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people dont say anything til around week 12 or even 14 when its officially the 2nd trimester. You can probably wait that long. I have friends who also have been struggling, so I waited as long as I could but she ended up figuring it out cuz of my huge boobs and pregnancy glow.

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We plan on telling them the day before 13 weeks - a few days before we announce it to the world via Facebook (lol).

I don't want her to find out from someone else, and I also really don't want her to have to figure it out herself. If she does, that's fine, but I'd rather let her know myself, and as sensitively as possible.

Upvote 0
I have had 3 miscarriages and was told at the age of 19 that I could get pregnant but my body wouldn't allow the baby grow as needed...anyways about 1 month after my 3rd loss my sister came up to me and announced she was pregnant with her 2nd child and speaking from inward experience there is not really any nice easy way to tell someone who is close to you and who has struggled with having kids that you are expecting...now I was happy for her cause that's my sister and I told her I wished her the best but when I got home I balled like a baby with all sorts of questions like why her and all that

Your friends will be happy for you but you must also respect them if they wish to take a few days to cry it out in my opinion

We now have a 17 month old little girl and we are 16 weeks pregnant again so I know my God is able to preform miracles :) good luck on your pregnancy

Upvote 0