Oct 1, 2006
Brocklesby NSW Australia
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-NDP
I am a Born Again Christian, and I always put God first and foremost in my life. This includes any partner God may choose for me, and in return would expect no less of him. Jesus is the head of my household. It is very important to me to follow Jesus and submit to His will in my life, allowing God’s guiding hand to direct every step I take, as He leads me through the journey in life He has chosen for me.

I'll Stand by You

I have 3 grown boys, all of which have special needs. They were all high maintenance when growing up, and still have their share of difficulties.

This song has a big impact on me. It's called “I'll Stand by You” Even though this song is beautiful, and has a great message to it, I am sad every time I hear it. You see, my 23 year old son left his group home 3 years ago and has not been heard or seen from since. He left no forwarding address, so we not only don't know where he is, we don't know if he is still alive. The RCMP have him on their missing persons list, but there are so many missing persons. It looks doubtful that they will find him.

Whenever I hear this song I think of my son, and it makes me very sad. My son has Tourette's Syndrome, and within the realm of Tourette's, he also has ADHD, OCD and the Tourette's rage. To add to the list, he has developed Schitzo Affective Disorder from taking illegal hallucinogenic drugs.

Even though I stood by him and supported him for all the years he was growing up, I can't help but feel that wasn't enough. Both my husband (at that time) and I went far beyond the rules of parenting with all 3 of our sons. They all had special needs. I don't blame anyone for my son's disappearance. I don't even blame my son. With all the mental problems he has he probably doesn't realize he is doing himself harm. Yet, I still feel the guilt of not being there for him.

Five years ago I moved to Australia to marry my late husband. Each time I hear this song, I get a gut wrenching feeling, and wonder if I had stayed in Canada, my son would be home with us now. It's a mother's guilt. I know I shouldn't feel this way, and it isn't my fault he is missing, but at the same time, the guilt is there and I feel very sad about it.

Magnifying Christ Like Characteristics.........Inside Out

Following the example that Jesus gives us is very important to me. It's the best and only way to go. We are to put on the characteristics of Christ. God created man in his own image, in turn, we must be obedient to Him and become more and more Christ like each day, striving to perfection in ALL that we do.

God gives us the ability to let our Light shine from the inside out. And by the guidance and direction revealed to us through the Holy Spirit, brings glory, honour and praise to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

By showing and sharing God's personality traits to others, we are giving the opportunity to non-believers to learn about Jesus and the Person He is. They are given the opportunity to come to know, and accept our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, into their hearts as their personal Lord and Saviour. This gives them opportunity for their spirit to be born. The old self will then be made new, and they will be made a new creation in Christ Jesus. God is knocking at the door of their hearts, patiently and lovingly waiting with outstretched arms, to welcome them into His family.

Missing Brian

Brian and I were very close. He was also a Born Again Christian and had a very close relationship with God. I miss the mentoring and headship He showed me. He was truly at peace with God. I miss the peaceful, content and totally comfortable feeling we had with each other. We enjoyed each other's company very much - never a harsh word spoken.

We used to have a lot of long talks. I'm quite deep, and have a feeling, caring and sensitive personality. I like to reach down inside myself and bring out the feelings I have and share them with my partner, and in turn, he would do the same for me. He was an excellent listener, and shared his insite and understanding with me very well. A true man of God; my Soul Mate and blessing from God.

Now it's time for me to venture out, and "tread the waters" as they say, and I'm wondering if God would have another Soul Mate for me. Is it possible to have 2 Soul Mate's in one life time? This would truly be a miracle -- something that only God can put together for us in our lives.

Our Father gave me these scriptures, which I believe to assure me of His releasing me to be able to love again.

Jesus said: “I will turn their mourning into gladness, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice after their sorrow.” He goes on to say: “I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.” “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”

A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. If the husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord. God has turned my mourning into gladness; giving me the ability to love again. God has turned my grief into joy. God showed me His grace and mercy and released my love for my husband, freeing me to love again.

There is a season for every purpose under Heaven. As we go through our journey in life, God maps out each footstep we need to take in the plan He has set out for us since the beginning of time. Within that plan are seasons. The season has passed for my husband and myself; only 41/2 short years. Our journey together is now over. My husband has now started a new journey in Heaven with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. A new journey has begun for me also, and I will follow our Lord where ever He will lead me. It's time to put the mourning and sadness behind me and start a new season in my journey down the path our Lord has chosen for me since before I was born. God will bring me out of this time and put gladness in my heart.

A man on one of the other forums said he keeps a puzzle piece in his pocket, and that it is good for a conversation piece. He asks people if they can tell him what the puzzle piece was for. This is the analogy I see for this puzzle piece. The puzzle piece symbolizes each season we go through in life. The entire puzzle is symbolic of God's plan for our lives. There are many pieces in one puzzle. In faith, step by step, and in obedience to God, we walk down the path God has chosen for us.

Piece by piece God fits the puzzle pieces together as we go through each season in our lives. Finally, when all the pieces are fit together, we see the caftsmanship of the Potter. We see our lives as God has molded and shaped them for us. We see the straight and narrow path, and walk down it.

Each step we take down God's chosen path, is a step of faith. Each time we take a step, God enables us to see more and more clearly the person who He has molded us into - who we are in Jesus Christ, and our responsibilities regarding the edification of the church and glorification of God.

In obedience to God, we chose to yield to our old ways, and instead, chose to take on the characteristics of Christ. By allowing God to work through us, these characteristics now become magnified and the glory of God shines through us like a beacon for all to see. We begin to understand what God has called us to do, and in obedience to God, we continue down that path.

God has given this person a brand new life made out of brand new puzzle pieces - puzzle pieces that have never been marred or used before. Through faith he accepted those puzzle pieces, which represent each season in God's plan for his life, and he started on a new journey. He stepped out in faith and started down the path our Lord has mapped out for him. If he continues down God's chosen path, our Father in Heaven will paint a far more beautiful picture than the first, and he will see it unfold, giving praise, glory and honor to God all the way through his walk with Him.

I describe my life, my dreams and my hopes as a stained glass window. After my husband died, my stained glass window shattered, and all the pieces went crashing to the floor and scattered. All our hopes and dreams we had built together as husband and wife, our life together as a Christian couple, and (what we thought) God's wonderful plan He had for us as a Christian husband and wife had been shattered all around me and I didn't know how to put the pieces back together.
When I allowed God to put the pieces of my life back together, He showed me that it was not the same stained glass window that had just shattered beneath my feet. He was not going to use the same shattered pieces of the stained glass window of my life to piece my life back together. Instead, He gave me a new life, a new beginning in the plan He has chosen for me. He has chosen to use brand new pieces of stainded glass that have never been shattered before, and from them, build an even more beautiful stained glass window for my life.

God's Comfort and Provision

Psalm 23:1-6
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever

2 Cor 1:3-6
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.

Patient Endurance

There is a season for every purpose under Heaven. As we go through our journey in life, God maps out each footstep we need to take in the plan He has set out for us since the beginning of time.

Isaiah 60:19:
The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

As for the next season in my journey in life, I leave it all in God's hands. With His guidance and direction in my life, I put my trust in Him, that I may have patient endurance and wait for our Lord to show us the next step to take. He will guide and direct every step we take down His chosen path for our lives.......all in His time.

Hebrews 10:35-36 -- Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. (NLT)

God's Timing

I rely on God's timing in my life because I know it is the best possible for any situation and that only He knows what my needs and desires are, and what's best for me. In His time, He will full fill all of our needs and desires, if we let Him.

God knows our hearts. His timing is extended from His grace and mercy towards His people. He alone knows when the best time is to allow each of life's events to take place throughout our journey with Him. He is a Sovereign God in appointing these times. God will full fill the desires of our hearts, and all the hopes and dreams will take place when God feels the time is right.

God allows us to make our own choices even if it is not in our best interests, or what He would have us do. Sometimes we will make a decision that is right and honouring to God, but we chose to do it in our time, rather than waiting for God's timing in our lives. God knows our hearts. He knows our personality traits, attributes, and, He knows what is best for us. Only God knows the exact time in our lives, when the event which He has chosen for us, is to take place.

The Lord has opened a new door in my journey through life. In faith, I stepped through that door and started a new season. Now, He has opened yet another door I must walk through to start yet another new season in the journey He has mapped out for me. As long as we put God first and foremost in our lives, following Him in all that we do, He will be faithful, just and true to us.

We need to remember that our timing is not the same as God’s. We have no way of knowing when one season is going to end and a new one will begin. God will let us know when the time is right for us to open the next door. In the meanwhile, we must wait patiently for His instruction, guidance and direction, obeying and listening always to His voice speaking to us through His word, His still quiet voice through our spirits, and in quiet prayer time and meditation on His word; always seeking His instruction, guidance and direction in all that we do. Step by step He will lead us, as we wait with patient endurance for His calling in our lives.

God's Assurance

I went to North Gate, Church of Christ on Sunday evening service, the 22 October, 2006. At the end of the service this message came to him from God: “Draw near to the Lord and He will reveal your destiny and what He would have you do for Him.” I believe I was meant to hear this message. Through this message and the word of God, I have God's Assurance of a stable future serving our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. (Jason Mannering: prophetic message received from God)

Rom 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Hab 2:3
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Ps 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Heb 6:15
And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.