Anglican Rosary: Stations of the Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngCath

Jul 7, 2005
✟12,588.00
Faith
Anglican
Here are the prayers I arranged based on the stations of the Cross. I tried to make it so one could walk the stations without having to memorize a lot of prayers or having to bring a book. the stations I used as a basis for this arrangement were outdoors and had a starting/closing place.
-----
Cross: In the name of the Father…

Invitatory: We beseech thee O Lord to pour thy grace into our hearts, that as we have known the incarnation of your Son Jesus Christ by the message of an angel, so by His cross and passion we may be brought to the glory of His resurrection. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Week: Jesus Prayer

Cruciform: (remember the #s are for the Cruciform beads, not the station number, sorry if that is confusing)
1- Entrance to the Stations
2- Jesus is condemned
3- Jesus receives his cross
4- Jesus falls for the first time
5- Jesus meets his mother
6- Simon of Cyrene bears the cross
7- St. Veronica wipes Jesus’ face
8- Jesus falls for the second time
9- Jesus comes to the mourning women
10- Jesus falls for the third time
11- Jesus is stripped
12- Jesus is nailed to the cross
13- Jesus dies upon the cross
14- Jesus is taken down from the cross
15- Jesus is laid in the sepulchre
16- Leaving the Stations
17- Closing Meditation

For all Cruciforms except the final one pray: The Lord’s Prayer and a Hail Mary. For the Final Cruciform, there are no set prayers. Just be silent and meditate on the Stations and pray as inspired.

Invitatory: We beseech thee O Lord to pour thy grace into our hearts, that as we have known the incarnation of your Son Jesus Christ by the message of an angel, so by His cross and passion we may be brought to the glory of His resurrection. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Cross: I will bless the Lord, thanks be to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.