Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I were to decode the twelve gates of New Jerusalem, I cannot think of anything else but the 12 meridians, which then, the water energises and revitalizes. Just like Jesus replaced the fallen disciple, or that he only told the truth to them. Either that or it is the Apostolic Succession, however that doesn't save anyone.
The temple, or city, or whatever it is, has jewels and gold doesnt it?. This to me is symbolic of things like love, wisdom and truth.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The temple, or city, or whatever it is, has jewels and gold doesnt it?. This to me is symbolic of things like love, wisdom and truth.

Streets paved with gold would suggest no longer a need to wash one's feet.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Streets paved with gold would suggest no longer a need to wash one's feet.
In my wisdom I cast out politics and religion like dirt in streets. It has no value to edify or love. It only leads people astray from faith and into incessant debate, worry and fear. It promises to fix things while destroying unity, faith and love.

In my understanding it's actually God's wisdom but I don't claim to speak for God.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,951.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In my wisdom I cast out politics and religion like dirt in streets. It has no value to edify or love. It only leads people astray from faith and into incessant debate, worry and fear. It promises to fix things while destroying unity, faith and love.

In my understanding it's actually God's wisdom but I don't claim to speak for God.
You may recall when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, with the towel he had girded around him. He said although they had been cleansed, they had to wash each other's feet. This is to say, when we get soiled on our walk, we need to help each other to clean it fast, and not continue with dirt on our feet. Although it may seem unnecessary, it is a key component to the faith, that no amount of side stepping is tolerated. We must not tolerate dirt. We must be ready to help each other get rid of it, as fast as possible.

In New Jerusalem however, there is no soil. Your walk is clean. You do not have to work any more with the soil. Because you washed the robes in the stream that comes under it. You are not done until the tiniest speck is gone. A little leaven leavens the whole bun.

Upvote 0