Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And ya'll have snow all over yas.

:sorry:
I am so glad I've got it turned off and don't have to put up with it. To be honest, I suspect the main reason behind the recent software change/upgrade was because someone in CF management wanted to implement these 'cool' features. Thankfully they can be disabled in our personal profiles so people such as myself who hate the feature with a passion can turn it off :)

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am LOVING it, I love snow, I miss it as the area I live in in New Zealand doesn't get any. I miss my white Christmases back home, so yes, I LOVE it.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I FINALLY figured it out.....I clicked on the miniature personal avatar right next to the search icon in the right side of the overhead menu bar. Then I clicked on the little icon of the person with a gearwheel next to him. Then I clicked on "Preferences", and I checked the box that says, "Disable holiday styling", and the snow stopped. No more fluttering flakes driving me insane as I'm trying to read through threads. Whew, am I glad I figured that out!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I FINALLY figured it out.....I clicked on the miniature personal avatar right next to the search icon in the right side of the overhead menu bar. Then I clicked on the little icon of the person with a gearwheel next to him. Then I clicked on "Preferences", and I checked the box that says, "Disable holiday styling", and the snow stopped. No more fluttering flakes driving me insane as I'm trying to read through threads. Whew, am I glad I figured that out!!!!
Glad you got it. I did the same.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟859,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thank you for explaining where to turn it off, I have the dark theme enabled and the snow was very distracting.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thank you for explaining where to turn it off, I have the dark theme enabled and the snow was very distracting.
Hey, you are very welcome! :)

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,195,822.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I assume that the majority of people posting on CF reside in North America, but these holiday features like snow etc. look pretty stupid considering we are in the middle of Summer where I am. Same with Thanksgiving. That isn't celebrated anywhere else in the world than the USA.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I assume that the majority of people posting on CF reside in North America, but these holiday features like snow etc. look pretty stupid considering we are in the middle of Summer where I am. Same with Thanksgiving. That isn't celebrated anywhere else in the world than the USA.
I turned it off. Problem solved.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just wonder who it was that wanted this feature in the first place.
I don’t know. If I had my way, the board would be as it was but I guess they needed to change it up for security reasons, etc.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟477,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Stop it. Please!
throw snowball.jpg

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟477,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
SO I turned on the dark and it's pretty cool.

My second childhood I suspect. :D

Upvote 0