Iceicalla

Dec 10, 2015
USA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay, so I started going out with one of my male best friends almost 3 months ago. He is an amazing person, and I love him. However, he is an atheist. He is completely fine with me being Christian and encourages me to go to church, and has even come with me a few times. He was raised Christian, and I think he believes in God but is just angry with a God who would let such bad things happen to him (he has a litany of health problems, his family situation isn't great, and his aunts both have cancer). I want him to believe, and I don't know what to do besides pray and hope. Well, anyway, back to the original topic.
He and I have a lot of freedom from our parents. This means that we often are allowed to hang out completely alone. In his basement, we are given free reign when I'm over, and things have gone from simple kissing on the lips to full-on making out. I was okay with going to second base (meaning touching of boobs) because I did not see the harm in it. However, one time we took it a little too far and he took it from just touching under the shirt to my shirt being completely up, and I was not comfortable with this. He felt terrible for crossing my boundaries, and I've since revoked second base from play. I'm just wondering though, is second base or anything above-the-waist really off-limits for Christians? I know below-the-waist would be considered sexual impurity, but what about second base?

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, I don't see sexuality as a synonym of impurity! This is a beautiful thing, if it comes from love as it seems to be for you.
Don't worry, you stopped at time. If your boyfriend is sorry about everything, that means he totally respects you and that is great. And don't worry, you did nothing wrong! It was perhaps a little mistake, but nothing that could make you impure and I don't know what. But if you feel really bad, ask for forgiveness or speak with him about it.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A relationship with an unbeliever is going too far in the first place.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14)

Upvote 0

Charlie7399

Apr 24, 2013
Brazil
✟15,920.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You'll get the widest range of opinions here on whether it was wrong or not. It really just boils down to your conscience, based on your knowledge about God. I personally don't see any harm in it either, but be careful to maintain things under control! Best of luck with your boyfriend, let's hope he can find God's comfort in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟41,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well friend I must be honest for your sake I do see something very wrong with that. It is sinfull to purposely allow someone o touch you in a way like that(unless they are your husband at the time they do it). I would tell him never to do it again, or if it were me I would ave broke up with him for overstepping my morals. I say this in love friend because it is very easy to go from that to sex and believe me I've even heard of a girl who's bf broke up with her right after she had sex with him for the first time. Men like that are scum who don't deserve a beautiful girl like yourself. Please hear me out cause I don't want you to go through the heart ache. jesus said that if a man(goes for us women too) were even to look at a woman with lust he has committed adultery. Its not too late to learn from your mistake and repent (stop doing that). Its your call if you want to be with a guy like that but I honestly think you deserve much better.

Upvote 0

David Nelson

Man of God
May 20, 2015
Visit site
✟15,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sister,
Most atheist I know doesn't believe in "God" but they believe in god. The god of science, the god called "evolution" and the god called "self" and many more... Many tell me: "I hate God, he doesn't exist! If he exist he isn't a good god, why then must I obey him?"

I know how your friend feels, my dad have stage 4th liver cancer and my uncle have stage 4 colon cancer. Tell him this:
Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him, and he will act. You need faith. God will not fail nor forsake his son. Let him know this: the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that he may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

I will pray for you both and your family.

My friend, trust in the Lord and all shall be good.
How can your friend believe without hearing about Him? So then... How can he call on Him when he has not believe? Blessed are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things!

A relationship with an unbeliever is going too far in the first place.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14)
If I say to the wicked person, 'You will surely die,' but you do not warn him--you don't speak out to warn him about his wicked way in order to save his life--that wicked person will die for his iniquity. Yet I will hold you responsible for his blood. (Ezekiel 3:18)

Grace be to you all, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
images
Christian Only Teens Common Area

For members between the ages of 12-19 only.

TEEN FORUM: Please read
SOP (Statement Of Purpose) click here
Please be mindful of the age restrictions.

Teens Common Area Statement of Purpose
A general chat area for ages 12-19 ONLY. All of our teen forums are a place for teens to come and be encouraged, grow stronger in their walk with God, and fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Non-Christians are also welcome and will be asked to respect the Faith and foundational beliefs of Christianity while posting in these forums.

All topics may be discussed except these ones:
Drug use, gambling, polygamy, sexual activity and orientation, abortion, and theology.
*Sexuality, addiction, and theology can be discussed in Serious Stuff. Please check the forum for specific guidelines.

Submitting a post here means you have first read, understood, and agreed to follow the Christian Forums Rules.
(Chaplains and Staff are the only adults over the age of 19 who are allowed to post in the Teen Area forums when necessary)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this thread is full of violations of the rules above it will be closed .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.