Alexei Navalny died in prison

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,239.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It must be discouraging to see your agents die on you like that…
Out of all the replies in this thread, you chose to paste this nonsense behind the only one not sympathetic with Navalny?

Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟498,239.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What a disgusting slur!

Navalny was a Russian Nationalist.
He's using the russian definition. Everyone not with his head firmly planted in putins backside is a western agent, over there.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟498,239.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The Navalny story is NOT what they would have you believe:
Wow, I never thought it would be "them" again. Thank you for finally providing us with some Truth.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟832,689.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,018.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Putin seems to be escalating his crackdown on internal dissent. This implies a commitment to a war of attrition in Ukraine and for as long as it takes.
And a commitment to himself. He would be pushing oppressive measures on his opponents without the invasion of Ukraine.

I think he sees himself as a saviour of the Russian Empire. He lectured America (via his tv interview with Tucker Carlson) on how Russia had been 'wronged' by the rest of the world for centuries. He regards Russia as encircled by enemies. At least he can control the enemies within.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,448,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Putin's Russia.

A bishop who planned a public prayer for the Russian opposition leader Aleksei A. Navalny was detained as he left his house. Two men were arrested for having a photograph of Mr. Navalny in a backpack. Another man who lay flowers at a memorial said he was beaten by police officers for the small act of remembrance.

As thousands of Russians across the country tried to give voice to their grief for Mr. Navalny, who died in a remote Arctic penal colony on Friday, Russian police officers cracked down, temporarily detaining hundreds and placing more than two dozen in jail.

• Informative
Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,267.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Putin's Russia.

A bishop who planned a public prayer for the Russian opposition leader Aleksei A. Navalny was detained as he left his house. Two men were arrested for having a photograph of Mr. Navalny in a backpack. Another man who lay flowers at a memorial said he was beaten by police officers for the small act of remembrance.

As thousands of Russians across the country tried to give voice to their grief for Mr. Navalny, who died in a remote Arctic penal colony on Friday, Russian police officers cracked down, temporarily detaining hundreds and placing more than two dozen in jail.

Don't have the article right now (was from a local news source), but another case was of a woman who got arrested for holding a board on the street that read "Today Alexei Navalny died."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,660.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
At an event this week, Carlson was asked why he didn’t challenge Putin on Navalny and the deaths of other Russia opposition figures. He offered a rhetorical shrug: “Leadership requires killing people.”

and of course the MAGA sphere is now pitching Trump as Navalny. They have no shame.

Right-wing commentator Jack Posobiec echoed this idea, saying that Navalny’s death was “what Biden and the Democrats want for Trump and MAGA.” Former Trump State Department official Mike Benz had a similar suggestion about the former president.

Filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, fresh from having his election-fraud movie again exposed as nonsense, took a similar tack.
“Navalny=Trump,” he wrote. “The plan of the Biden regime and the Democrats is to ensure their leading political opponent dies in prison. There’s no real difference between the two cases.”

Please you Americans calling the kettle black while being pots. I'm sure under a Democrat administration there is absolutely no politically motivated killings before. Clinton, Obama & Biden respects political leaders of opposing ideology and will never order a strike to remove people whom they don't like. Any wonder why the rest of the world sees your different administrations as the flip side of the same coin.

By the way Epstein didn't kill himself. A played out meme but rather suiting for this post. Also Snowden sends his regards.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,448,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The widow of Aleksei A. Navalny said on Monday that she would carry on her husband’s work to bring about a democratic and free Russia, presenting herself for the first time as a political force and calling on his followers to rally alongside her.

In a video released on Monday:

“I am going to continue the work of Aleksei Navalny and continue to fight for our country,” Ms. Navalnaya said. “I call on you to stand beside me, to share not only in the grief and endless pain that has enveloped us and won’t let go. I ask you to share my rage — to share my rage, anger and hatred of those who have dared to kill our future.”

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Please you Americans calling the kettle black while being pots. I'm sure under a Democrat administration there is absolutely no politically motivated killings before. Clinton, Obama & Biden respects political leaders of opposing ideology and will never order a strike to remove people whom they don't like. Any wonder why the rest of the world sees your different administrations as the flip side of the same coin.
American presidents issue orders of "strikes" to take out foreign actors they do not like. Navalny was killed by his own government. These are not equivalent.
By the way Epstein didn't kill himself.
Of course he did. His luxury life of no consequences and satiating his sexual desires with teenage girls was very clearly over and it wasn't coming back. Poor facility maintenance and overworked guards don't constitute a conspiracy.
A played out meme but rather suiting for this post. Also Snowden sends his regards.
Snowden is actual evidence the US doesn't seek out and kill its own citizens even when they betray the national security and give (and seek) comfort to (from) the enemy. Now if the CIA was *really* tricky, they'd convince the FSB to take out Snowden and try to frame the CIA for it. No tears would be shed.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟498,239.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Putin's Russia.

I really wonder when they'll figure out that you can't protest a dictator out of office. Much less "remembrance" him out of office.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I really wonder when they'll figure out that you can't protest a dictator out of office. Much less "remembrance" him out of office.

You can provoke a overt and harsh response to trigger a revolt, but yeah, that's about it. Navalny didn't return to Russia because he thought they wouldn't kill him. He knew this would be the likely outcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,267.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can provoke a overt and harsh response to trigger a revolt, but yeah, that's about it. Navalny didn't return to Russia because he thought they wouldn't kill him. He knew this would be the likely outcome.
I believe his words regarding the matter when he was jailed were that he knew he would be jailed and his sentence would be life. Either his own, however much he'd have left or the lifetime of the regime.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟766,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bishop Grigorii ( Mikhnov-Vaitenko) who was detained for trying to serve a memorial service for Alexei Navalny is reported to be ok. This is from the blog of Fr Ioann ( Burdin) an opponent of the war on Ukraine. Bishop Grigorii had been hospitalized which seems scary enough in the political climate but seems to be well.

Update from 19.02
O. Grigory:
Friends, thank you so much to everyone who is worried! I am much better, perhaps they will soon let me go to the clinic for further treatment, the direct threat has passed. I feel average... Fortunately, I was in the right place at the right time! If not for this, everything might not have been so great! Thank you for your words of support and prayers

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,660.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
American presidents issue orders of "strikes" to take out foreign actors they do not like. Navalny was killed by his own government. These are not equivalent.

Of course he did. His luxury life of no consequences and satiating his sexual desires with teenage girls was very clearly over and it wasn't coming back. Poor facility maintenance and overworked guards don't constitute a conspiracy.

Snowden is actual evidence the US doesn't seek out and kill its own citizens even when they betray the national security and give (and seek) comfort to (from) the enemy. Now if the CIA was *really* tricky, they'd convince the FSB to take out Snowden and try to frame the CIA for it. No tears would be shed.
Politically killing others and killing you own yes a great distinction. Totally not taking out opposition. So Putin playing this with his own backyard while US presidents play in other people's backyard.

Your explanation of Epstein's death is as good as the Russian's with Navalny's. Full of circumstances. Very specific circumstances.

Snowden is proof that US administration is full of shadowy hands. He got lucky and publicly visible to the world. Else he would be disappeared with pausible denialbility.

Upvote 0