Age You Became Quiverfull....

Mar 23, 2012
✟15,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I used NFP for the first 18 months of our marriage and then chose to have a baby. After our son was born I unexpectedly got pregnant not long after with twins, thinking that since I was breast feeding I couldn't get pregnant! I lost the twins and during a lot of prayer I discovered what God wanted from me. My husband was already sold on the idea and was just waiting for me to catch up! We were 24 and 25.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟971,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly is a quiverfull...?
Quiverfull is the conviction that you can only get pregnant when God wants to make a baby through you; that pregnancy is more than just a biological process alone.

Once we have concluded that, deliberate, medically unnecessary contraception is seen as a rejection of His will in that matter and becomes unconscionable. It is not a position forced on us. It is a logical conclusion that follows that revelation.

It just so happens that a number of us independently came to the same conclusion at the same time. This perceived "movement" required a name, so we use one pulled from Ps. 127:3-5,

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate."

QF couples don't necessarily have big families. They just desire to have complete families, as God chooses to bless them.

Upvote 0