Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Jase said:
Actually God didn't lie to you at all. He said he created things already grown in Genesis. Its your dismissal and refusal to believe God's account of creation that is the lie, and thats your problem, not his. If you trust God's word first, and then based the validity of science on whether it agrees with God or not, there wouldn't be a problem. You use science to undermine God, so you are deceiving yourself.

Using science to show that a particular interpretation, made by men of words recorded by men, is false in no way undermines God.

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
A young earth could not account for the vast coal deposits we find. These plants took time to grow and die on top of one another. It forms a peat bog over time. The material required to form the coal would take a long time to pile up and be compressed. Dinosaur footprints have been found above coal deposits so there goes your flood theory, which would have only created a small seam of coal anyways. We can do many things at an accelerated rate in a labarotory, it doesn't mean that they happen in nature this way. To add to this it's only one way of forming coal, there are many and they require different times and conditions.

A discussion on coal beds and a water catastrophe, although I'm sure evolutionists will dismiss it.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/magazines/docs/v23n2_coal.asp

Upvote 0

Dayton

Aug 4, 2003
✟623.00
Jase said:
Actually God didn't lie to you at all. He said he created things already grown in Genesis. Its your dismissal and refusal to believe God's account of creation that is the lie, and thats your problem, not his. If you trust God's word first, and then based the validity of science on whether it agrees with God or not, there wouldn't be a problem. You use science to undermine God, so you are deceiving yourself.

I agree. The validity of scientific theories should be based on God's account of Creation. Evolution is an assumption made by fallible humans, Creation comes from the infallible Word of God. I choose to believe the Word of God over the word of man. :bow:

P.S. Can I quote you on that?

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Admin Hat On

Here's the deal...you don't want to deal with someone because you feel they don't really want to learn....then don't post. Don't respond to them...don't attack them because of what you think of them. Just leave the post alone.

I would hate to have to close a thread this early on in its life because the majority of the posts were attacks on others.

Address the points made in the original post or other posts. But do not address attacks or start attacks please. Thanks. :)

Admin Hat Off

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Dayton said:
Personal attacks?

This is supposed to be a Christian forum?

haha, settle down. By smite I meant systematically and methodically show your arguements to be either pointless, wrong, or lies (which i did). If anything it's a reference to God since he had such an affinity for smiting people in the OT.

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Jase said:
A discussion on coal beds and a water catastrophe, although I'm sure evolutionists will dismiss it.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/magazines/docs/v23n2_coal.asp

The reason that evolutionists dimiss the AiG claims about coal is that like the rest of "flood geology" they are wrong.

You can read a detailed discussion of the problems with AiG's coal claims at
http://www.geocities.com/earthhistory/aigcoal.htm

I guess their coal claims aren't as totally goofy as that nonsense you linked to on the Coconino sandstones but they are still not correct. I have yet to see anything on AiG that stands up to serious scrutiny.

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Your Interpretation of the Bible supports the YEC theory.

Good, that you are willing to learn. You will Not have to compromise your Christian Beliefs. You can believe in Christianity and Evolution. What you will have to Compromise is the belief that You are right.

The YEC Interpretation of the Bible does not match gods creation.
So are you willing to accept that your Interpretation may not be right?

Now that I have your attention, can I ask you, do you support AIG telling its readers Half Truths and Lies?

If you dont believe they do, I have a couple examples. :)

Dayton said:
I am not lying, the Bible supports the YEC theory.

Yes, I am willing to learn, but not if it means compromising my Christian beliefs.

Upvote 0

Flames

Jul 7, 2003
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
To all of you evolution genius', I found a web site that offers 250k to whoever can give a good supportive argument for evolution being 100% true. You may have already seen this. If you guys are 100% sure and not just relying on what others have taught you, then go collent 250k.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Flames said:
To all of you evolution genius', I found a web site that offers 250k to whoever can give a good supportive argument for evolution being 100% true. You may have already seen this. If you guys are 100% sure and not just relying on what others have taught you, then go collent 250k.
Run, now while no one else has noticed the Dr Dino link!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Arikay said:
Your Interpretation of the Bible supports the YEC theory.

Good, that you are willing to learn. You will Not have to compromise your Christian Beliefs. You can believe in Christianity and Evolution. What you will have to Compromise is the belief that You are right.

The YEC Interpretation of the Bible does not match gods creation.
So are you willing to accept that your Interpretation may not be right?

Now that I have your attention, can I ask you, do you support AIG telling its readers Half Truths and Lies?

If you dont believe they do, I have a couple examples. :)
Actually, evolution and Christianity aren't compatible. Evolution says the Adam of Genesis isn't real. If Adam isn't real, and humans existed millions of years before him, there is no original sin, in which case with no sin, there is no reason for Jesus to have died on the cross to save us from sin.

Upvote 0

Flames

Jul 7, 2003
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
Here are a couple of verses that will contest the Christian evolutionists. Oviously, the story of creation wasn't just in genesis, if you still want to hang on the thought that it was an allegory. Obviously, somebody did a good job tricking people in the old testament and even God himself. Read a couple of the scriptures and explain how these should be tossed out too. To the non-christians, don't post that the bible is a lie form men. Im not posting to you. I am posting to fellow believers that should see the bible as an absolute truth, rather then a fictional idea.
~~~~~~~~~~
Isaiah 42:5
Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein...

Isaiah 45:12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
(this is God speaking to all you curious people)

1 Corinthians 11:9
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. (this would imply adam and eve as people and not an idea)

Colossians 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 10:6
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Deut. 4:32

Mark 10:6
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
(I guess this should refute evolution for christians, oh wait, this is mark, if he was lying about this, then he may have been lying about Jesus)

John 1:1-5

Ill post more if the point is not made clear enough yet.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
LoL to wblastyn.

Flames: Unfortunatly we know about this site and this person. He has sneakily worded his offer so that he will never have to pay up. First is his claim that he wants "proof" anyone that knows about science knows that science does not prove things 100% true, it cannot, and to think it can is to missunderstand science. He has purposly placed the Cash in a spot that no honest scientist could ever reach.
He also has redefined "evolution" to mean things that the Theory of Evolution are Not. The Theory of Evolution could never prove that "
1. Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves." because it has Nothing to do with the Beginings of the Universe. Again purposly putting the Money out of the reach of anyone. Thus the Offer is Bogus since it would be Impossible for anyone to actually cash in on it.

Knowing that, do you think his actions are Honest?

(and this only begins the Interesting tale that is DrDino, or Mr, Hovind. Tune in next week when we talk about how unlike what he claims, All barcodes Do not contain 666 in them. :D )

Flames said:

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Nope, sorry. Lets try this,

Adam = A Symbol.

Adam Symbolizes the first Souled creatures (Humans).

Adams First Sin symbolizes their first Sin against God.

Original Sin is Restored.

Jesus is back on the Cross to Pay for it.

:)

Jase said:
Actually, evolution and Christianity aren't compatible. Evolution says the Adam of Genesis isn't real. If Adam isn't real, and humans existed millions of years before him, there is no original sin, in which case with no sin, there is no reason for Jesus to have died on the cross to save us from sin.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Flames said:

As an evolution genius, I'd hate to say you haven't outsmarted us.

We are all very aware of "Dr. Dino," alias Kent Hovind.
The man is, quite simply, a certifiable quack, liar, con artist, and general disgrace to both the religious and scientific communities.

His "theories" are based on deliberate misinformation and the most absurd conspiracy theories. He gets gutted like a trout on a regular basis here, and pretty much everywhere else.

But don't take my word for it; run a google search on "Kent Hovind."

The first link you get will be his site. The next 9,999 will tell you what's wrong with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Flames said:

Hovind's challenge is a fraud.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Dayton said:
I agree. The validity of scientific theories should be based on God's account of Creation. Evolution is an assumption made by fallible humans, Creation comes from the infallible Word of God. I choose to believe the Word of God over the word of man.

Do you think you are infallible when it comes to interpreting the Word of God?

Upvote 0

Flames

Jul 7, 2003
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves." because it has Nothing to do with the Beginings of the Universe"

To Arikay:

Time has everything to do with the origin of the universe. Unless you believe that the Universe is God and has always existed and doesn't need a definite beginning.

Space : Same as time really

Matter: This is key also, Where did the matter come from? Again, you cannot trace the origin of the universe unless you state that
A. it always existed or B. God created it, and the universe would then be another mystery if it was option A.

Really, science can't prove evolution. Not in an absolute sense. You know this though. Science is fallible, maybe only .01%, but still is fallible. That is what makes it science. Has any evolutionist here ever became the "devils advocate" and try to prove creation?? and vica versa with creationists?? I believe that your motivated thoughts (influenced thoughts), will dictate the outcome of your belief to some extent. If you come into it believing that Evolution is 100% accurate or even 90% accurate, then you will be on a path no matter what common sense would tell you. I would say that you should at least say that it is a 50/50 shot at being accurate. Because it is either created by God or created by happenstance.

side note. With all of our grand technology, how come we can't figure out how to make a non-living thing live?? Why were the conditions back however many billions of years ago any different then today. With science you should be able to manipulate the same hypothesised conditions and we should be able to lab-rat evolution. Why doesn't that kind of stuff happen. Why can't we figure out a way to have evolution begin again?? Anyway though...

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Flames said:
Really, science can't prove evolution. Not in an absolute sense. You know this though. Science is fallible, maybe only .01%, but still is fallible. That is what makes it science. Has any evolutionist here ever became the "devils advocate" and try to prove creation?? and vica versa with creationists??

Don't confuse creation (i.e. the idea that God made stuff) with creationism (i.e. how God made stuff).

Creationism is essentially an attempt at turning Genesis into science. And in becoming science, it is also subject to falsification (keep in mind we're just talking about the how of creation). Unfortunately, the beliefs of many creationists seems to be that if you falsify creationism, you are also falsifying creation. But that is not the case.

Upvote 0

Flames

Jul 7, 2003
✟835.00
Faith
Christian
If God did not create man in his image, then why did he send Jesus to become a man. How did he become a man?? Why didn't Jesus have to go through evolution given that he wasn't conceived through natural options. Also, why would God have man evolve over x amount of years and then drop a soul in him and then man sinned. original sin blah blah blah..

Upvote 0