Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ok, all you guys who love roleplaying, let's have a chat!
to start off..... what are some of the best add-ons you've ever joined? what makes them so good?

and here comes an important question!
Have you ever finished an add-on?

in all my rping experience, i've only finished one, and that one was pretty silly too. As for the others, you can guess the reasons..... sometimes people run out of ideas, sometimes a couple of players left without a word (i suspect that they forget to come back and check), and sometimes the story drags on too much.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
wow, three!! that's a lot. You're lucky!
what're SWW and GGG?

there's only one add-on i did that i consider it the best, and that's the Left Behind rpg based on the Left Behind series, done on the.. Left Behind mb. lol.

we had very surprisingly a group of people who knew what they were doing, and the cool thing was there was character development, plus a couple of storylines all spinned into an elaborate story. The disappointing thing was some of us ran out of ideas and quitted..... and we lost the enthusiasm when the board was renovated.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
that must be another Add-on Kookaburra, i don't recognize your name.
mine's "Wing" there.
wow, cool! so there was another add-on going uh?

I already failed in one, the Fires of Purification, that just kinda went downhill....oh well. Can I join?
sure, Archangel.

don't worry, the probability of an add-on being finished is like... 5%... so there you go.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i feel sort of weird when there's no add-on to write. It was really sad when some of those messageboards were down, they had good add-on going on too!

recently i found out a board whose sole purpose is for add-on, but it was a bit of a joke because most people post in single sentence or in very short paragraph. Maybe because there're just sooo many people on one board, it's kind of hard to find threads where people actually post long thoughtful posts... but with such a huge board, there're bound to be some good add-ons going somewhere. Excuse me.... i guess i haven't completely given up on it.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh them! lol. um.... i haven't tried a mutant add-on before, so what's with the mutants? why are they kept in jails?

man.. the board i go to has a forum just for modern/futuristic add-ons, and after reading and reading it... i give up, just not my type of rpg. By the way, i joined a really cool add-on, it looks to have quite some potential... except the way it works is different, people usually only control their own characters, so everything's slow but got lots and lots of descriptions and thoughts.

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

searching for The Hidden Country
Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ooooh, cool. I'm on waaay too many christian message board add ons than I should be. Oh well.

The mutants are kept in jail because they're genetically 'defective' and 'potentially harmful', and 'a threat to the human race', and basically it's a massive, world-wide scare that they're plotting to take over the world and destroy normal humans, so the governments give in to the MEC (a part of the UN) and let them mobilise their forces to have every mutant arrested.

I doubt you understood that. My brain isn't working.

I don't have time for a post now, but I will when I get home from school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
hey, JesusFreak, here's one, the entire mb is for RPGs.
http://forums.rpgchat.com/index.php?s=

right, doing something different'll surely be a good change. oh, by the way, wanna finish the Seven seals add-on? i think we're almost there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
yep, name's "Wing", and i use the same avatar as here. (yours?)

well, there's one really really cool add-on going on in the fantasy section, it's called "Runes of Mishra" at the very top of the forum. However, the rules are a bit different, you can only control your character (got to pm the thread starter about your characters first). He dashes around posting responses to different characters.... a style i've never seen before. :)

awww.. what's that black line?? a seal? hehe, cool.

Upvote 0

Kookaburra

searching for The Hidden Country
Aug 9, 2002
✟10,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wing? I'm Sunflower. I have seen your avatar, and it looked familiar. Are there any other add ons you're in? If you could PM me all that's gone on in the Runes of Mishra so far, I might join. But I'm not sure.

No, not a seal. Something infinately more . . . dangerous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.