A thread in General Theology about my open book orders. Help me decide to cancel some

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The thread is: http://www.christianforums.com/t7845429/
Unfortunately circumstances such as that the local currency is weak and the US$ strong and that these books are for me personally and my family is not wanting to give me any money for books, add to the reasons for me to cancel some orders, I'm just not that sure which ones to cancel. There's time to think though, so I appreciate late answers too!

Unix

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Unix

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm inclined to keep the orders for the first ones in the list: Monastic Prisons, NIDNTTE, Ancient Voices Pompeii, Josephus, and the last one Oxford Origen (I hope the latter incorporates the most recent manuscript find of previously lost texts).

What do You think of the Biblical Interpretation (4 vols.) $79.95?

Too many Bristol Classics orders. An idea would be that I drop the Philosophy (8 vols.) collection if I don't expect to have enough interest in Ancient Philosophy. (But the Aristotle volumes would complement the old translations I have in Noet from community pricing, that cost $40.) The idea would be to do only very limited philosophy studies and if there's something I happen to need later on in Catholic uni to to pick up an individual volume if the sets are ever split up or else as printed matter.
I just read in Rodney Stark (2011). Triumph of Christianity (the author was not a Christian when he wrote the book but became later) about Medieval history, such as technical innovations, and the seniour lecturer pointed out some important things less than a month ago. They are quite positive and I feel so good about that:

Upvote 0

Unix

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single