May 24, 2014
Washington State
✟15,165.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:wave: I am new to this site, and saw this Forum: Charismatic Catholic Renewal.

Many years ago..in 1977, I was working at a restaurant when four new waitresses were hired. I showed up at work at night, and there they were. One was a Charismatic Catholic (also an Assemblies of God, Presbyterian, and Friends - a Quaker sect). I didn't have much dealings with the Charismatic Catholic, but I remember she had the same joy of spirit as the others.

Over the years, I have heard snippets about the "tolerated but not discussed" red-headed step-children known as Charismatic Catholics. While I do not believe it is God signing off and okaying Catholic catechism and dogma, I do find it most interesting and, believe me, I am grateful beyond belief, for what God is doing among the Catholic church. YOU ARE HIS SPECIAL CREATION!

I have been told twice that "the Protestants will never experience the fullness of God until they come back under the umbrella of the Catholic church." It is most evident to me that Jesus doesn't subscribe to that idea! It's more like a non-issue.

And now, with the music of Matt Maher, and the words of his songs, I rejoice with this outpouring of salvation and the Holy Spirit among Catholics! You will be with us and we will be with you on that day when we all worship Him before His throne! And I WILL GIVE HIM GREAT PRAISE AND THANKS FOR YOU, even as I do now! :amen:

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,549.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You might find it interesting that 3 recent popes supported the renewal. This pope is speaking at the Renewal conference this week and has invited everyone to Rome to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in 2017.

Well, the renewal really began in 1906 in Asuza, but that is another story.

BYW, I was on the pastoral team of a "Catholic" charismatic prayer team for several years. I put Catholic in quotation marks. We had members from other denominations (Church of Christ, Episcopal, and Methodist I think). We also had others at our conferences.

In any case, WELCOME!

:wave: I am new to this site, and saw this Forum: Charismatic Catholic Renewal.

Many years ago..in 1977, I was working at a restaurant when four new waitresses were hired. I showed up at work at night, and there they were. One was a Charismatic Catholic (also an Assemblies of God, Presbyterian, and Friends - a Quaker sect). I didn't have much dealings with the Charismatic Catholic, but I remember she had the same joy of spirit as the others.

Over the years, I have heard snippets about the "tolerated but not discussed" red-headed step-children known as Charismatic Catholics. While I do not believe it is God signing off and okaying Catholic catechism and dogma, I do find it most interesting and, believe me, I am grateful beyond belief, for what God is doing among the Catholic church. YOU ARE HIS SPECIAL CREATION!

I have been told twice that "the Protestants will never experience the fullness of God until they come back under the umbrella of the Catholic church." It is most evident to me that Jesus doesn't subscribe to that idea! It's more like a non-issue.

And now, with the music of Matt Maher, and the words of his songs, I rejoice with this outpouring of salvation and the Holy Spirit among Catholics! You will be with us and we will be with you on that day when we all worship Him before His throne! And I WILL GIVE HIM GREAT PRAISE AND THANKS FOR YOU, even as I do now! :amen:

Upvote 0

Levi777

May 24, 2014
Washington State
✟15,165.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might find it interesting that 3 recent popes supported the renewal. This pope is speaking at the Renewal conference this week and has invited everyone to Rome to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in 2017.

Well, the renewal really began in 1906 in Asuza, but that is another story.

BYW, I was on the pastoral team of a "Catholic" charismatic prayer team for several years. I put Catholic in quotation marks. We had members from other denominations (Church of Christ, Episcopal, and Methodist I think). We also had others at our conferences.

In any case, WELCOME!

Hi Mark!

I am ecstatic over what God is doing among the people in this world! I remember the group Hillsong's song "I Adore You", and on YouTube, there was a video showcasing that song. During the slide pictures, there was a painting of a giant cross, standing under cloudy skies, with sun beams breaking through to illumine the cross. Standing before the cross was a multitude without number, arms and hands raised extended towards the cross, in obvious worship. That picture has stuck with me, and I suppose I am looking for it to take place in this world. "Every nation, tribe and tongue"...worshipping God together as one.

When it comes to Charismatic Catholics, Spirit-filled Presbyterians, stodgy old Assemblies of God, and bewildered Baptists who suddenly find themselves filled with Spirit, like new wine in men made new, I am so filled with joy and gratitude that God has enabled me to see what He is doing. It's the Bride of Christ, Mark! His word to us is "Come out from among them and be ye separate and holy!" Not that we must start some new denomination, but rather that we tear down the walls that have separated us for so long, and partner with God in the formation of the Bride of Christ!

Did you know that Positive Life Radio, in eastern Washington state (you can listen at plr.org.) is Seventh Day Adventist? If you listen to the music they play and the words of the people who are employees, then we can see that God is changing the generations! They exhibit a love for Jesus that can only come from His Spirit! Those who declare they are the only ones whom God approves of are going away, and suddenly we find that there is common ground through the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Mark, I cannot begin to say how greatly I rejoice in this!!! And in our new unity, we urge each other to live in holiness, and restrain from sin, praying and seeking, sharing with others what good things God has done for us, and in the process, we are making our robes white!!! And preparing for His return!

Yesterday, Sunday, I took the 9 dollars out of my wallet. It was all I had and I didn't much care, really. I was going to give it for the offering. Then I had an expectation that I would find a cup of coffee in the church where I would be attending for the second time. Since I was giving all my money in the offering, I expected that Jesus would provide a cup of coffee. I went in and found that they had changed the services from two to one, meeting at 10 a.m. instead of 8:30 and 11:00 a.m.
No coffee. So, I thought I'd go to a store and get some items while I waited the hour and a half for church. I had no sooner put my Bible back in my truck when out walked the associate Pastor. "Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" and he motioned toward the espresso shack on the other side of the parking lot.

After he went back inside, I went into a sporting goods store to look around, and ended up talking with Ana Marie and Diane about running, physiology, foot placement, why Nike is so bad, and so on. Then I invited Ana Marie to church. The church I was attending, which was right next door, has a Saturday night service, as well. It's not so important that she attend MY church. Church is where we learn about Him, amen? And it's where we rub off on each other, and encourage and pray for each other.

From casual conversations, I have been able to give people hope, have led them to the Lord - praying the sinner's prayer, counseled them, encouraged them. We have this imperishable truth in us, amen? These are people whom Jesus loves beyond our understanding. It doesn't matter if they become Baptist, or Catholic, or AG or Presbyterian. What matters is that they become HIS first.

Such is the calling for each of us! Amen? And as we step out in this calling, leading holy lives so that our prayers have effectiveness, WE ARE PARTNERS together with God in spreading HIS message so that others may come and be redeemed!

Aw, I'm rambling now. I am so pleased to be able to call you brother, and that there is no doctrines of men standing in our way. For God has put His seal of approval on you, indeed on all Charismatic Catholics, and has given us His down-payment, if you will. Can any say you are not worthy of fellowship? Not this old Messianic Jew! :amen::clap::pray:

Upvote 0