Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The answer could vary by person. Not all women want children, and many women who do want children do not want to have a lot of kids.

I did want to have a lot of children. The reason is because I love kids and felt that I would not be able to get enough. I came from a large family and so did both of my parents. I grew up with tons of cousins. Having kids is just what my family did. I only ended up with two kids though. I sometimes feel sad about that, but given my personal circumstances (now divorced) having more than I did would have been a very difficult thing.

• Useful
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most women don’t want large families. That isn’t the norm. According to Pew Research…

Half of Americans (48%) say two is the ideal number of children for a family to have, reflecting a decades-long preference for a smaller family over a larger one.

When Gallup asked why couples aren’t having more kids, most Americans (65%) in 2013, whether with or without children, cited the costs associated with raising a child. An additional 11% said it’s because of the state of the economy and the jobs situation. Just 6% cited personal choice, 3% cited lack of time and 3% cited career concerns.

B59F0ECF-54C7-40E8-9B4A-F394EA274F3B.png

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe because we like children? Children are adorable and cute. But honestly I join you in wondering what the appeal is. Birthing and raising is painful and gross.

idk about me, I can't imagine having more than 4. I think I'll wait until I find the One and go through the whole birthing experience once before I decide I want another painful trip to the hospital and another 3 years of changing diapers.

Upvote 0