A Healin Handy and Blessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charity3

Jul 29, 2005
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
A little over a week ago, I woke-up in horrible pain. I called my doctor, and he told me to go to the Emergency Room ASAP - he suspected a Kidney Stone. I was so scared. I threw a few things in a bag (I know how long visits to the ER can take) - my slippers, a walkman, something to drink and my Healin' Handy.
To make a long story short - while I was waiting on the CT Scan results, I began talking to the guy in the bed next to me. Turns out he was only 31 years old and in the ER for a possible stroke. This father of two and husband was scared and it was going to be a while before his wife could get to his side. She worked as a nurse at another hospital and couldn't get out of her shift.
While I had been in the ER, I had been holding onto my Healin' Handy for comfort. It helped a lot. So when the guy had told me his story, before I knew what was happening - God put it on my heart to bless him with my Healin' Handy. I did. And you know what? That man was so happy to have Handy. He put it on his hand and then on his head and began saying "I am healed in the name of Jesus. No weapon formed against me shall prosper!" He couldn't wait to show it to his boys. Seemed like everyone who came into the room (nurses and staff) wanted to know what that thing was this guy was holding onto. It was so cute.
Later on when I came out of the restroom - I glanced over at the man and bless his heart - he was curled up just like a child sleeping as he cuddled up with Healin' Handy. It was truly precious - and he looked very peaceful. You could tell God had touched him in a special way. He just looked so at peace.
I know that the puppet had nothing to do with this man feeling better - it was God. But I find it so amazing that no matter how old we are, when we get ill, there's something about being able to hold onto something tangable (like our favorite teddy bear) that makes us feel better. I guess what's unique about Healin' Handy is not only is he tangable, but it helps put your focus, faith and trust in God to make what is wrong, right.
I am happy to report that it was indeed a Kidney Stone that I had afterall. And I am happy that I was able to be a blessing to someone who was indeed going through a very difficult time - something far more serious than what I was going through. My prayers go out to that man and his family. God Bless.

PS - if anyone wants to know where to get a Healin' Handy, drop me an email and I'll be glad to tell you. In the meantime, please do continue to keep that man who had the stroke and his family in your prayers. He's only 31 years old - with a young wife and two small children. This was his 2nd stroke.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.