Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tell me about it!!! I was somber for days...surprised myself! But they're doing awesome again this year. :thumbsup:
Yes, and the Oilers aren't. So this may be another year where I'm rooting for the Sens in the playoffs. ^_^

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hope so ;)

The Oilers used to be SO good!!!
Got to game 7 of the finals just 2 years ago. :cry:

But, yes, I was a fan back in the golden days, saw them win all five cups. :) Been with them for 26 years.

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ah, right...against Carolina...that too, was a heartbreaker! :(
Yeah. :sigh:

Apologies to all the non-Canadians, but when two Canucks get talking about hockey we can take over a thread! ^_^

Okay, gotta get the kids ready for trick or treating so the rest of you can have the thread back now. lol.

Upvote 0
F

free2be

Apologies to all the non-Canadians, but when two Canucks get talking about hockey we can take over a thread! ^_^

Okay, gotta get the kids ready for trick or treating so the rest of you can have the thread back now. lol.
Have fun, Av! :wave:

:scratch:
Didn't understand any of that :D

(Apart from the trick or treat bit - had enough of that tonight!!)

How is everyone?
:hug:
Hey, sis! Doing ok...is the madness almost over for you?

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hey now, I take offense to that. I grew up watching, playing, and loving hockey. Y'all ain't the only ones with ice, ya know.

I'm from Boston, and I have been following the Bruins for as long as I can remember. I have only one sports jersey that is my own (not dh's that I steal) and that is my O'Reilly jersey. I still love hockey, but I don't follow it as much as I used to.

Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
F

free2be

Hey now, I take offense to that. I grew up watching, playing, and loving hockey. Y'all ain't the only ones with ice, ya know.

I'm from Boston, and I have been following the Bruins for as long as I can remember. I have only one sports jersey that is my own (not dh's that I steal) and that is my O'Reilly jersey. I still love hockey, but I don't follow it as much as I used to.
:hug: No offense meant by it ;) And it's actually kinda true...2 things Canadians love talking about, hockey and the weather! ^_^

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

DSC_9512.jpg

Reactions: 3girls2dogs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Go Sens! I'm an Oilers fan but you better believe I was rooting for the sens last year! What a heartbreaker! :(

RED WINGS (see my blog for my Red Wings training camp pictures)

and if we must cheer for a Canadian team (and we must!!)

MAPLE LEAFS!!!!

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
RED WINGS (see my blog for my Red Wings training camp pictures)

and if we must cheer for a Canadian team (and we must!!)

MAPLE LEAFS!!!!
Red Wings are an original six team, and I always pull for 5 of the 6 originals when its a game that doesn't affect my own team(s) - (Edmonton - Boston - Ottawa). The sixth is the Canadiens, I never pull for them. Hate 'em! They broke Bruins' fans hearts for 40 years! Aaaargh!

Back in the 80s when the cold war was still on the Soviet team played the Canadiens and I rooted for the Russians! :mad:

^_^

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Red Wings are an original six team, and I always pull for 5 of the 6 originals when its a game that doesn't affect my own team(s) - (Edmonton - Boston - Ottawa). The sixth is the Canadiens, I never pull for them. Hate 'em! They broke Bruins' fans hearts for 40 years! Aaaargh!

Back in the 80s when the cold war was still on the Soviet team played the Canadiens and I rooted for the Russians! :mad:

^_^

oooh - you're tough.

I would cheer for an original 6 team any day (even the Blackhawks ;) ).

I'm old school though - I miss the old division and conference names (Norris, Campbell, Prince of Wales etc). Sounds so much better than east and west:mad:

Upvote 0