Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been studying the concept of Anarchism, and the more I study it, the more intrigued I am by it. First of all, I'm bored with the left/right tit-for-tat nonsense, of political rivalry's fighting for dominance, because it reminds me of a prison house gang rivalry in it's most glorified form.

So what would a society look like if people took on a more anarchist attitude? I think it would bring peace and harmony.

So let's discuss here how to spread the concept of Anarchism as a positive thought experiment, and the good things that could come from a more Stateless, non-Authoritarian type attitude, where art and intellectualism and peace reign naturally and equally amongst the population without the need for the forceful hand of the government. Let's discuss how to make humanity responsible on it's own, without the need for state guidance.

A little background information:
A Brief Explanation of Anarchism | Issue 128 | Philosophy Now

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been studying the concept of Anarchism, and the more I study it, the more intrigued I am by it. First of all, I'm bored with the left/right tit-for-tat nonsense, of political rivalry's fighting for dominance, because it reminds me of a prison house gang rivalry in it's most glorified form.

So what would a society look like if people took on a more anarchist attitude? I think it would bring peace and harmony.

So let's discuss here how to spread the concept of Anarchism as a positive thought experiment, and the good things that could come from a more Stateless, non-Authoritarian type attitude, where art and intellectualism and peace reign naturally and equally amongst the population without the need for the forceful hand of the government. Let's discuss how to make humanity responsible on it's own, without the need for state guidance.

A society where there are no laws, no taxes, no government is not practical. I remember the anarchists spray painted slogans on other people’s property in DC some years ago.

Jesus preached his own form of law and order. No murder, no adultery, no fornication, no stealing, no false testimony, non-violence, turning the other cheek, charity to the poor, the Good Samaritan, going the extra mile, etc.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A society where there are no laws, no taxes, no government is not practical.

Why isn't it practical? Is it because humanity is shameful, and *needs* to be subjected to a higher worldly authority?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why isn't it practical? Is it because humanity is shameful, and *needs* to be subjected to a higher worldly authority?
It is because Original Sin has thwarted our drive to "love our neighbor as ourself."
  1. Selfish ambition undermines the greater good.
  2. Many forms of the so-called "greater good" threaten personal well-being.
Only the Spirit of the Law can sort out those conflicts.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is because Original Sin has thwarted our drive to "love our neighbor as ourself."
  1. Selfish ambition undermines the greater good.
  2. Many forms of the so-called "greater good" threaten personal well-being.
Only the Spirit of the Law can sort out those conflicts.

So why isn't our faith and religion enough? Why not congregate in a Christian area, where Christian laws are upheld - not at a "state" level but as a community of Christian believers having common interests?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So why isn't our faith and religion enough?
It never has been enough. That is why our Heavenly Father sent Lord Jesus. Our Father knew that mankind could never dislodge the sin nature.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why not congregate in a Christian area, where Christian laart be troubled. Lord Jws are upheld - not at a "state" level but as a community of Christian believers?[/QUOTEhere is lots of unbelief, worliness, and works of the flesh preventing this. But let not your be troubled, Lord Jesus is coming. :)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why isn't our faith and religion enough? Why not congregate in a Christian area, where Christian laws are upheld - not at a "state" level but as a community of Christian believers having common interests?
Because we are still "works-in-progress" (at best) per 1 Corinthians 13:12 & 1 John 3:2.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

What is it about our sin nature that you do not understand?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
is it about our sin nature that you do not understand?
What

What I don’t understand is why we think electing sinful men to guide us, will solve our sin nature. That's what I consider a false belief in man over God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because we are still "works-in-progress" (at best) per 1 Corinthians 13:12 & 1 John 3:2.

But politicians are not? How does it work that it requires "politicians" to make us right?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I don’t understand is why we think electing sinful men to guide us, will solve our sin nature. That's what I consider a false belief in man over God.
Because God blesses and uses such systems (for now*) per Rom. 13:1-7.
Yes, they are "leaky" systems, but all human institutions (including anarchy) are leaky systems.
The main advantage of a constitutional government is its "checks & balances."

*Even our style of government will be overthrown when Daniel 2 is fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, since all men are born with the corrupted sin nature we really cannot call sin on those who are not saved can we? Mankind has always looked to men (kings,dictators etc,) to solve our problems. Lord Jesus brought in the righteous Way through faith in Him, but unbelief keeps that Way from manifesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because God blesses and uses such systems (for now*) per Rom. 13:1-7.
Yes, they are "leaky" systems, but all human institutions (including anarchy) are leaky systems.
The main advantage of a constitutional government is its "checks & balances."

*Even our style of government will be overthrown when Daniel 2 is fulfilled.

If we were to change our system, and eliminated state leadership, would God refrain from blessing that style of institution?

...Why wouldn't he just bless everybody?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If we were to change our system, and eliminated state leadership, would God refrain from blessing that style of institution?
MANKIND IS CORRUPT!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟606,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A society conceived without government can only be Utopian. Unfortunately, we are not there yet, but its comming!
Blessings.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've done good things in my life. So we're not 100% totally corrupt. Haven't you? o_O

...?So yes, God would likely bless us all.
So YOU believe that YOUR good works and behavior qualifies YOU or someone like you to right the sin nature? LOL!^_^:swoon:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It has nothing to do with being shameful or needing higher authority.

It is about the state monopoly on violence (war, law enforcement, prohibitions on individual violence). When there is no state then enforcement of possession, etc., devolves to small scale actors or individuals. Everyone must use or threaten violence to protect their "rights" and there is no overall freedom.

Fortunately, we have mechanisms for making the state responsive to the will of the people. They are called "democracy".

Upvote 0