Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Also, just listened to Robert Morris' sermon entitled "Apostles." One of the things that's included is the time between being called and sent with Biblical references.

For Apostle Paul it was about 14 years. Not that it will take that long for you.
But it could. It's hard to predict life. I started pursuing my call to ordained ministry 12 years ago. I probably have 2-3 more years left if everything goes perfect.

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
But it could. It's hard to predict life. I started pursuing my call to ordained ministry 12 years ago. I probably have 2-3 more years left if everything goes perfect.

I hope it works out for you! Are you Episcopalian or in one of the other Anglican jurisdictions?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was called to preach over 60 years ago when I was saved, and I have been a witness for Jesus Christ ever since; though I am not one leading a denominated sect; but a "born again" saint by the grace of God (as John 3; John 14; etc.) and who witnesses for my Savior everywhere. I am with a non-denominated Bible-only assembly fellowship worldwide (like 1 Cor. 12:25-27; etc). We all believe in the priesthood of ALL saints and carry on in a scriptural order, rather than with a hierarchy. One can learn about such gatherings at the Biblecounsel web site; which has helped me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I was called to preach over 60 years ago when I was saved, and I have been a witness for Jesus Christ ever since; though I am not one leading a denominated sect; but a "born again" saint by the grace of God (as John 3; John 14; etc.) and who witnesses for my Savior everywhere. I am with a non-denominated Bible-only assembly fellowship worldwide (like 1 Cor. 12:25-27; etc). We all believe in the priesthood of ALL saints and carry on in a scriptural order, rather than with a hierarchy. One can learn about such gatherings at the Biblecounsel web site; which has helped me.

Those of us who are clergy in the traditional churches also believe in the priesthood of all believers, and I don’t know of any church with a polity that does not correspond with Sacred Scripture, although the “Moses Model” jsed by the Calvary Chapel was explicitly based on the Old Testament way of absolute leadership, vs. the New Testament based models of Episcopal, Congregational and Presbyterian polity, and Chuck Smith was very open about that.

Upvote 0