4th Circuit Court of Appeals says state health-care plans can’t exclude gender-affirming surgery

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They bring it upon themselves when they make silly decisions.
Oh?
It’s a natural consequence that a man in “the incorrect clothes” be castigated by society?
Silly me, I thought you were being serious for a moment.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, why can't we get rid of the drinking age, and allow 10 year olds to vote? If a 17 year old can not vote, but a 9 year old can easily get trans surgery, then something is messed up in our country.
Might I posit you have absolutely no idea "how easy" it is "for a 9 year old" to get any gender related surgery.
If we want to prevent Trump from getting into office, the left has got to let go of a few things (including the trans stuff), and do what is best for both sides and the health of our children instead of allowing kids to inject chemicals.

I think it's kinda too bad you try to couch your antitrans position by just saying "we should let it go" instead of "mischaracterization of issue".

I recognize it is definitely a tricky position to navigate and I can see the sense in taking the spotlight off of it.

But frankly, if Republicans believe that this issue will help them win, they are going to force it, no matter what.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Might I posit you have absolutely no idea "how easy" it is "for a 9 year old" to get any gender related surgery.

I think it's kinda too bad you try to couch your antitrans position by just saying "we should let it go" instead of "mischaracterization of issue".

I recognize it is definitely a tricky position to navigate and I can see the sense in taking the spotlight off of it.

But frankly, if Republicans believe that this issue will help them win, they are going to force it, no matter what.
My brother, we are both Christians. God told us to be good stewards of the Earth, as well as our bodies. Also, God created us in His image, so if we defile out bodies, it goes against that teaching.

Gen 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My brother, we are both Christians. God told us to be good stewards of the Earth, as well as our bodies. Also, God created us in His image, so if we defile out bodies, it goes against that teaching.

Gen 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
All of that is correct.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of that is correct.
So, as the Bible is correct on stewardship of earth and our bodies, why condone kids getting trans surgery, or the trans movement as a whole? We can be not judgemental towards trans people that we encounter in life, but we should not condone their actions.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, as the Bible is correct on stewardship of earth and our bodies, why condone kids getting trans surgery, or the trans movement as a whole? We can be not judgemental towards trans people that we encounter in life, but we should not condone their actions.
This thread isn't about kids. It is about health coverage plans.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread isn't about kids. It is about health coverage plans.
True that. But I'd rather our tax money help people with mental health issues, and physical health issues instead of investing in transition surgeries.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
True that. But I'd rather our tax money help people with mental health issues, and physical health issues instead of investing in transition surgeries.
It also isn't about tax money. It is about an insurance plan.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟253,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Oh?
It’s a natural consequence that a man in “the incorrect clothes” be castigated by society?
Silly me, I thought you were being serious for a moment.
Why would a man dress up as a woman in public anyway? If they chose to go out in public looking like that, they will get strange looks. No one deserves to be beaten up. Period.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟253,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well said.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men don’t have to be dressing up as women to begin with. Accept your biological sex and move on.
Similarly, the cure for clinical depression is to just cheer up.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would a man dress up as a woman in public anyway? If they chose to go out in public looking like that, they will get strange looks. No one deserves to be beaten up. Period.
The very fact that we still have “men’s clothes” and “women’s clothes” (all the while thinking this is normal and the natural order of things), shows the extent of the issue.
Why is a tuxedo “male”? Or an evening gown “female”?

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟68,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
The very fact that we still have “men’s clothes” and “women’s clothes” (all the while thinking this is normal and the natural order of things), shows the extent of the issue.
Why is a tuxedo “male”? Or an evening gown “female”?
Doesn't it also counter their incessant shouting of "it's biology!"
Last time I checked, clothes aren't biology or biology related.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, why can't we get rid of the drinking age, and allow 10 year olds to vote? If a 17 year old can not vote, but a 9 year old can easily get trans surgery, then something is messed up in our country.

If we want to prevent Trump from getting into office, the left has got to let go of a few things (including the trans stuff), and do what is best for both sides and the health of our children instead of allowing kids to inject chemicals.

Remember the early 2010s, where both parties got along? Remember when the Democrats focused on ending the climate crisis? Remember when the Republicans abolished slavery? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Bipartisanship (D & R): History of Bipartisanship | Bipartisan Policy Center
Paris Accords - Obama (D): President Obama: The United States Formally Enters the Paris Agreement
Abolishing Slavery - Lincoln (R): Abraham Lincoln | The White House

Pepperidge Farm Remembers, Futurama Scene (20 seconds)

I'm curious, where can a 9 year old get trans surgery? When has it ever happened?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By this logic we shouldn't fix cleft palates or club feet -- obviously that is the way that God intended for them to be and they should have to stay that way. Also, interesting that you aren't pushing for all plastic surgery to be outlawed, particularly that done on minors.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious, where can a 9 year old get trans surgery? When has it ever happened?
Well, a 10-year old became trans, with the hormones at least, and will start the surgery at age 16. Way too young. Another person in Germany became trans in 2009. So yes, I exaggerated about the surgery age, but hormone treatment could happen at age 10.

From the left: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/age-10-this-transgender-model-is-advocating-other-kids-2022-09-13/
From the Brits (paywall): World's youngest sex-change operation
From the center-right: 10-year-old trans model Noella McMaher, who has 2 trans parents, already a New York Fashion Week vet
From the right: ‘Trans-masculine’ parents of 10-year-old ‘trans model’ plan for minor’s gender surgeries at age 16

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By this logic we shouldn't fix cleft palates or club feet -- obviously that is the way that God intended for them to be and they should have to stay that way. Also, interesting that you aren't pushing for all plastic surgery to be outlawed, particularly that done on minors.
I do not like plastic surgery either, and that is damaging the temple (our bodies) as well. We are both Christian also. Cleft palates and deformed feet are not related to gender.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟333,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not like plastic surgery either, and that is damaging the temple (our bodies) as well. We are both Christian also. Cleft palates and deformed feet are not related to gender.

Who said they were? But that is how "God made them" to correct it.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who said they were? But that is how "God made them" to correct it.
Broette, I am not gonna debate you on this. God made two genders, and we must respect our bodies. Man stays man, woman stays woman. Anything else is contradictory to the Bible. Modern technology (medical advances) made transgenderism possible. Humans can use tech to glorify God (renewable energy, automating farming to grow more crops, spreading the Gospel online), or to go our own worldly ways (such as changing genders, viewing bad content, developing nukes). I try to use technology for good.

Upvote 0