illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey did anyone know that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have written a book? It is called 20 and Counting. i got the book from the library and am currently reading the final chapter. The book is AWESOME! It tells their whole life story and gives tons of tips on staying out of debt, finances, organization, homeschooling, frugal recipes and much much more. Check it out! The book is really blessing me!:thumbsup::clap:

Journey_On

Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2007
✟50,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I saw that on their website! I ordered the book, and I am excited to read it when it arrives :) Glad to hear that you enjoy the book.

I have been interested in the Duggar family for a while now and really admire them. In fact, I am planning to watch the "17 Kids and Counting" episode of Josh and Anna's wedding in a few minutes! It aired for the first time this past Sunday, but I didn't get to watch it then, so I will be watching it today.

Upvote 0

JennyKatz

I'm a leaf on the wind. . .watch how I soar
Nov 27, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read the book the day it came out actually. I find large families fascinating. I've been watching the Duggar shows since the first (14 Children and Pregnant Again) aired. I think the reason they're so interesting to me is the fact that small families are the norm in this country, so I've never really seen such a large family. But I also like watching the shows because their faith is such a priority in their lives and it's nice to watch something so tame in comparison to all the crud that's on TV these days.
I know a lot of people criticize them ("They're just having kids for the fame" "They're destroying the earth and its resources by having all those kids", etc) but I don't think they're hurting anybody by having a large family or for allowing their lives to be taped. They're very self-sufficient (no debt, etc) and if you don't like what they're doing, you can change the channel.

Upvote 0

KathyO

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
✟15,125.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I own the book. I love the book. :). I first heard about the Duggars when a friend sent me a powerpoint presentation of a big family. That was it. I figured they were Christian from the pic of them doing a bible study around their big table. I then googled "Christian family 17 children" and discovered who they were.

Here in Australia, we do have cable but our family does not. Too expensive. Most of it is rubbish anyway. I had to order two of their TV series from the Discovery channel and have them shipped to a friend in the US who then forwarded it on to me. Discovery won't deliver here. What are Australians? Invisible? LOL

Can't wait for 18 kids and counting to come out in Sept. I'll be ordering it the same way.

I love the way the Duggars live their lives for God. Actually seeing the first powerpoint presentation of them encouraged me to be able to homeschool my kids. We'd be thinking about it for some time but then I figured that if Michelle could do it with 17 (now 18) what was I worried about?

I also love the fact that they are debt free. We now own the same financial freedom seminar on DVD that they did 20 years ago to get out of debt. I am sad that I didn't get to see it 20 years ago but then I was a silly 22 year old unsaved, selfish twit. I wouldn't have paid any attention to it then anyway. :p At least we have it now. Better late than never! :thumbsup:

Seeing the Duggars has also encouraged us to be fruitful and multiply. For years we've tried to do the family planning ourselves all the while trying to get out of debt and get financially free. Nothing's worked. We have our 5 beautiful children but we could have had more had we trusted God. Who knows where we could have been by now if we HAD trusted Him. That's what we're doing now. We want to accept all the gifts God has for us. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey did anyone know that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have written a book? It is called 20 and Counting. i got the book from the library and am currently reading the final chapter. The book is AWESOME! It tells their whole life story and gives tons of tips on staying out of debt, finances, organization, homeschooling, frugal recipes and much much more. Check it out! The book is really blessing me!:thumbsup::clap:

hubby let me get the book, I'm reading it now, it's awesome!!!:clap::wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

R.A.IN

Daughter of the King!
Oct 16, 2009
✟17,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if I'll buy the book or not. I really do like the Duggars though. I would love to have them as neighbors regardless of how many children they had. While I don't agree with everything they say or do, I think that they are a really nice family. I think Michelle Duggar could teach a lot of Christian women a lot of good things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wow..i looked it up and found out michelle had pre-eclampsia and had the baby at 25 wks gestation weighing 1lb 6 ozs. i didnt know. i dont watch news. Prayers for them. A lady at our church had a baby at 27 wks that weighed about the same and she is now 3 yrs old and though has some developmental problems is doing well. I have another friend who had twins at 27 wks and they are now 8 yrs old and ok except for Aspbergers and dev. delays.

Upvote 0

BeanIrene

Aug 31, 2010
Cheyenne, WY
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I own the book, and quite love it. I use it as a reference, and as a recipe guide! It is such a wonderful book, and I love seeing all of the photos throughout their 25 years together. They are quite amazing, and I am so glad we have the television technology so that they can help shine through to the dark places in life.

Upvote 0