Jul 13, 2005
UK
Visit site
✟67,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The story of this testimony began in January 2004 when I was admitted in hospital and had a hysterectomy.
After a week, for no apparent reason an ulcer opened in my stomach and started to bleed. And so I was rushed to the operating table again.
I didn't wake up for nearly a week as I went in a semi coma because of a blood infection. My body was all swollen and the doctors thought I would not make it.
But the church, my family and friend in many nation were praying fervently for my life to be spared.
The Lord answered that prayer. One day I woke up, but for days was still confused and couldn't do anything for my self.
I was unable to stand, feed myself and even the most personal task were impossible for me to perform.
The nights were interminable. I couldn't sleep as I decided not to take any sleeping pills because they gave me awful nightmares.
There was however a strong assurance in my heart of the love of The Lord.
At a certain point I started to experience something beautiful: I heard Christian music and songs.
In my confusion I thought they were coming from hospital speakers, and was asking people around if they heard the music.
Soon I realized that there was no such a thing as loud speakers but the music they was originating in my spirit by the Spirit of God.
After a while I discovered that I could even choose which song I wanted to hear.
The nurses were quite surprised to see how peaceful I was despite all the troubles.
The major medical problem I had at that point was the infection that prevented the wound to heal.
The wound had to be reopened to permit a better drainage of the infected liquids. But, even with all the antibiotics, things were not improving.
One night, after a month in the hospital, I was lying as usual wide awake, when I felt discouragement mounting in my soul. For weeks I'd been laying unable ever turn around in the bed because of my open belly.

I cried to The Lord an He put the verses of Psalm 121 in My heart.
"I lift my eyes to the mountains, where shall my help come from?"
And then the answer:
"MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD WHO HAS MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH"

I grabbed those words with all my heart and in my spirit came the assurance that the healing of the wound was on the way.
The next morning when the nurse came to dress the wound was amazed to see the improvement. She went right out to tell other nurses.
My recovery was starting and slowly but surely the Lord restored my strength back.

To Jesus be the glory!

Reactions: Tarika