Jun 11, 2005
✟1,142,494.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sure that most of the 18 are shaking their heads and bemoaning that old proverb, "With friends like the unindicted conspirator (DJT), who needs enemies?"

The names of seven of the defendants, including Meadows, Giuliani and Epshteyn, are redacted, but the document makes clear who they are by describing their roles. Others include attorneys John Eastman, Jenna Ellis and Christina Bobb, as well as Trump 2020 campaign operative Mike Roman...Michigan prosecutors revealed Wednesday that Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator in their own investigation as well. And many of the newly charged defendants in Arizona, including Meadows, Giuliani, Eastman and Ellis, were charged in the Georgia case. Ellis pleaded guilty in Georgia and avoided jail time, while Meadows, Giuliani and Eastman have pleaded not guilty.
I guess that Michigan and Arizona, seeing how busy Trump's court calendar will be with lengthy trials in NY, Washington, D.C., Georgia, and Florida, decided that they shouldn't indict him. After all, how many jail terms can a 77 year-old man survive?

Meadows, Giuliani, Eastman and others probably wished they had heeded their Sunday school teachers about avoiding bad companions...and Trump's unindicted status in Arizona and Michigan really hurt them. In D.C. and Georgia, they can plea bargain in turn for turning state's evidence. They can't do that here.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,454,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the first charges against Epshteyn.

Others local actors:
Also charged are the Republicans who signed paperwork on Dec. 14, 2020, that falsely purported Trump was the rightful winner, including former state party chair Kelli Ward, state Sens. Jake Hoffman and Anthony Kern, and Tyler Bowyer, a GOP national committeeman and chief operating officer of Turning Point Action, the campaign arm of the pro-Trump conservative group Turning Point USA.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟313,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's the first charges against Epshteyn.
This part of your post made me think of those voice overs at awards shows...

"This is Epshteyn's first indictment and second time as co-conspirator."
Others local actors:
Also charged are the Republicans who signed paperwork on Dec. 14, 2020, that falsely purported Trump was the rightful winner, including former state party chair Kelli Ward, state Sens. Jake Hoffman and Anthony Kern, and Tyler Bowyer, a GOP national committeeman and chief operating officer of Turning Point Action, the campaign arm of the pro-Trump conservative group Turning Point USA.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,454,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looks like to me that the liberals in Arizona waited almost 3 1/2 years here. I wonder why? As Arsenio Hall used to say, "Things that make you go, hmm."

AG Kris Mayes was elected in 2022 -- by a mere 511 votes ( Correction - 280 votes)
Had she lost, today's idictments would have never occured....and those who would invalidate my vote would skate free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟313,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Looks like to me that the liberals in Arizona waited almost 3 1/2 years here. I wonder why? As Arsenio Hall used to say, "Things that make you go, hmm."
We could start with the AG not being in office until about 15-16 months ago. (She was elected in Nov 2022. I don't know exactly when the terms start in AZ.)

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,454,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another fun fact:
In 2019, AG Mayes left the Republican Party and joined the Democratic Party, citing the expansion of Trumpism within the Republican Party.

2022 Interview with candidate Mayes:

“We’ve never lived in a more dangerous time for our democracy. If we elect a couple of attorney generals who refuse to certify the 2024 elections, it essentially means our democracy is gone. It couldn’t be more stark, so these elections really matter for the whole country,” said Mayes, in an interview with the Guardian at her Phoenix home.

She has a lot of company in Arizona...

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another fun fact:
In 2019, AG Mayes left the Republican Party and joined the Democratic Party, citing the expansion of Trumpism within the Republican Party.

She has a lot of company in Arizona...
Yeah, if I was a Republican, I would have left the Republican party also. My dad left the Republican party in the 2000s and will remain far away from any party, as the rise of the tea party and unnecessary wars (yes, $8 trillion) happened: Economic Costs | Costs of War

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟79,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, if I was a Republican, I would have left the Republican party also. My dad left the Republican party in the 2000s and will remain far away from any party, as the rise of the tea party and unnecessary wars (yes, $8 trillion) happened: Economic Costs | Costs of War
My wife used to be a Democrat. But, that party became beholden to the progressive far left. Therefore, my wife will never again vote for a Democratic Party politician.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟313,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Okay fine. The Arizona AG waited almost two years? Why?????

1 1/4 years is not "almost two years". Criminal investigations take time. One year seems reasonable.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay fine. The Arizona AG waited almost two years? Why?????
Cos it takes a while to gather evidence. This nifty article explains how courts work: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/..._education_network/how_courts_work/discovery/

See how complicated the courts are? That is to ensure a fair trial.
1714008730458.png

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟79,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 1/4 years is not "almost two years". Criminal investigations take time. One year seems reasonable.
Your apparent faith in politicians of the Democratic Party is amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟79,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My wife used to be a Democrat. But, that party became beholden to the progressive far left. Therefore, my wife will never again vote for a Democratic Party politician.
Yes, I am part of no party. I used to like the democrats a lot (cos the Bible talks about stewards of the Earth, and being non-judgemental), but then as soon as the gender stuff took off in 2019-2024, I am tired of both parties. So yes, I am liberal, but at the same time, I am pragmatic.

Democrats could be helping the poor, instead of focusing on superficial non-issues such as gender, but that's for another thread. Opinion piece about why both parties are no good: Both parties are lying to you. Democrats don’t really care about democracy, and the GOP doesn’t care about deficits.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,454,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟161,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't have any questions about the political timing of these indictments?
Well, I do not have many questions on the timing. Trump committed his actions in January 2021. Add two or three years to investigate, then we have 2023 or 2024 as the date for the trial/indictments. Maybe if presidents had 6 years in office, one term, things would be different. Opinion piece about 6-year terms: Opinion: Can a single, six-year presidential term save us from ourselves? • Pennsylvania Capital-Star

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,454,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your apparent faith in politicians of the Democratic Party is amazing.

Your gut reactions are rooted in political bias. You assume that "liberals" brought this prosection.
The fact is, there are many Republicans who stood up for our elections and my vote in the 2020 election.

Upvote 0