Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Looks like you got the hang of this game; do you got the key pad technique down to a science? :) It just doesn't work for me on my new computer at all for some reason; the tab doesn't put it in the insert box right. Oh well my paltry 2k+ will have to do. :p

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Looks like you got the hang of this game; do you got the key pad technique down to a science? :) It just doesn't work for me on my new computer at all for some reason; the tab doesn't put it in the insert box right. Oh well my paltry 2k+ will have to do. :p

Ha ha I got the tip from that million post guy :p
You know the number, tab, enter thing:)

You need to be supporter to do so however as being so will get rid of the waiting sequence between posting which is essential .

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
oh PS; just was wondering how you vote for the Republicans over there; do you have a right wing too? o_O

Well I have an opinion of everything (much like Sheldon in Big Bang theory :p ) and that goes for American politics aswell.

Being norwegian and living in Norway I'm obviously unable to vote, but I'm kind of interested in the US election as it affects the whole world in one way or another.

The reason I root for the Republican party in the upcoming election is mainly due to the anti christian Obama administration and it's support to the LGTB group.

I fear that there wouldn't be any noticeable changes if a its followed by a Hillary administration.

As for Mr Trump I have to admit, he's growing on me :oops:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
oh PS; just was wondering how you vote for the Republicans over there; do you have a right wing too? o_O

We do have our fair share of right wing parties in Norway aswell yes, but in national politics I'm actually a labour party man LOL.

I'm the strange mix of US Republican, Norwegian Labour party man and to top it all of a VERY conservative Catholic with SSPX sympathies.

I know I know, a strange duck ! :p

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ha ha I got the tip from that million post guy :p
You know the number, tab, enter thing:)

You need to be supporter to do so however as being so will get rid of the waiting sequence between posting which is essential .

Ya; I would like to be a supporter but because of my banking situation; I can't. One of my friends here; Brinny went over 200k just lately; I might make that by the end of the century!:)
Edit: no wait; 2k for three years would make that: 20k=30yrs 200k for 300years! try about 2310 if I hurry! Ha!

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Ya; I would like to be a supporter but because of my banking situation; I can't. One of my friends here; Brinny went over 200k just lately; I might make that by the end of the century!:)

Understandable.
I will quit once I've reached 10 000 though :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I have an opinion of everything (much like Sheldon in Big Bang theory :p ) and that goes for American politics aswell.

Being norwegian and living in Norway I'm obviously unable to vote, but I'm kind of interested in the US election as it effect the whole world in one way or another.

The reason I root for the Republican party in the upcoming election is mainly due to the anti christian Obama administration and it's support to the LGTB group.

I fear that there wouldn't be any noticeable changes if a its followed by a Hillary administration.

As for Mr Trump I have to admit, he's growing on me :oops:

Ya; (growing up in Northern Minnesota around a lot of Scandinavians; I say Ya a lot.:) my favorite Uncle; a Finlander always used to say Ya Ya for shure; hope that doesn't sound non-PC) I have wondered why a lot of Foreigners put down an American political party under politics; I suppose the US has more influence around the world then we Americans think; as it seems from this side of the pond we don't have much at all.

Well my pick was Bernie Sanders which I think he's the closest we have to someone for the working person; would that be analogical to the Labor party over there? And please God not that wacko crazy guy Trump; sorry.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do have our fair share of right wing parties in Norway aswell yes, but in national politics I'm actually a labour party man LOL.

I'm the strange mix of US Republican, Norwegian Labour party man and to top it all of a VERY conservative Catholic with SSPX sympathies.

I know I know, a strange duck ! :p

The SSPX isn't that a bit of a rebel group in the Catholic Church? The only experience with the Catholic church; outside of a few Catholic friends; is when I was a young kid in about the 3rd grade in rural Minnesota I belonged to a small town non-denominational church and for the summer vacation we had a Catholic Priest come and form and manage a soft-ball team of us boys of the area; we won our season against the other small towns even though we were a smaller team. How a Catholic priest came to run protestant baseball I didn't think about it then but wonder now. He taught us "Fishers of men" hymn and was a great guy. Sorry about going on; old man disease: reminiscing.:D

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Ya; (growing up in Northern Minnesota around a lot of Scandinavians; I say Ya a lot.:) my favorite Uncle; a Finlander always used to say Ya Ya for shure; hope that doesn't sound non-PC) I have wondered why a lot of Foreigners put down an American political party under politics; I suppose the US has more influence around the world then we Americans think; as it seems from this side of the pond we don't have much at all.

Well my pick was Bernie Sanders which I think he's the closest we have to someone for the working person; would that be analogical to the Labor party over there? And please God not that wacko crazy guy Trump; sorry.:rolleyes:

Haven't American politics been forced upon the world more than a few times in recent history? :p

The wars being such examples.
I find US politics to be of the highest relevance for us Norwegians as a change in leadership in the US (whosoever makes it to office) will affect the US - RUSSIA relationship which for us living next door to Russia could potentially be crucial .

Nah I don't care for Trump either, but any republican is better than a new democrat imo.
I was all for Bush, but sadly went out of the race before it all got started really.

I guess I hope for a third party or Cruz...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The SSPX isn't that a bit of a rebel group in the Catholic Church? The only experience with the Catholic church; outside of a few Catholic friends; is when I was a young kid in about the 3rd grade in rural Minnesota I belonged to a small town non-denominational church and for the summer vacation we had a Catholic Priest come and form and manage a soft-ball team of us boys of the area; we won our season against the other small towns even though we were a smaller team. How a Catholic priest came to run protestant baseball I didn't think about it then but wonder now. He taught us "Fishers of men" hymn and was a great guy. Sorry about going on; old man disease: reminiscing.:D

Yeah that is odd :scratch:
That being said SSPX is indeed considered a rebel group yes.
SSPX (Society of St Pius 10 ) don't recognise Vatican 2 or any other changes after V2.
They consider Vatican 2 to be contradicting the council of Trent and so they reject it.

They do consider Francis to hold office, but that he is in error.

That being said I have SSPX sympathies, but I'm an ordinary Catholic for now (we'll have to see where Francis leads the ship ).
This is what Anhelyna meant when she expressed I don't know "concerns ' about my involvement in the ambassador team I guess.
I have voiced my frustration with pope Francis and my Traditional leaning at OBOB for than a few times in the past which I think may be why she expressed herself as she did.

I pointed out to her that I will post a bit differently now that I'm ambassador:)
(At least let's hope so :p )

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haven't American politics been forced upon the world more than a few times in recent history? :p

The wars being such examples.
I find US politics to be of the highest relevance for us Norwegians as a change in leadership in the US (whosoever makes it to office) will affect the US - RUSSIA relationship which for us living next door to Russia could potentially be crucial .

Nah I don't care for Trump either, but any republican is better than a new democrat imo.
I was all for Bush, but sadly went out of the race before it all got started really.

I guess I hope for a third party or Cruz...

Well over the years; I have voted both sides of the fence; guess I am the quintessential middle-of-the-rode independent voter; usually pick the one I like the most; which hasn't always been the best way to pick; but usually I pick the winner; was only wrong once: picking Kerry.

Yes; I can imagine that big Red bear is much closer in your guy's vision then ours. There was so much talk over here the last 20 years about the down-fall of the Soviet Communist state; but I always thought; Russia is still there (just like China; communism didn't end) And now with Eastern Ukraine and the Crimea section falling in Russian hands what does NATO do to keep Putin in check? But the Republicans seem to want to go to war with half the world; then Trump talks about cooperating with Putin and dividing up the world like it was the 1700s. I really don't know.

I do like Bush more lately; but far as the Repubs; Kasich would be my real pick; he seems the only adult in the debates; maybe a miracle will happen and he will win a brokered convention. :)

Well it was nice talking to you here in the hinter lands of the counting threads; I have used them for more then counting before; nice to talk about politics without someone jumping in a telling us how wrong we are.:p

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah that is odd :scratch:
That being said SSPX is indeed considered a rebel group yes.
SSPX (Society of St Pius 10 ) don't recognise Vatican 2 or any other changes after V2.
They consider Vatican 2 to be contradicting the council of Trent and so they reject it.

They do consider Francis to hold office, but that he is in error.

That being said I have SSPX sympathies, but I'm an ordinary Catholic for now (we'll have to see where Francis leads the ship ).
This is what Anhelyna meant when she expressed I don't know "concerns ' about my involvement in the ambassador team I guess.
I have voiced my frustration with pope Francis and my Traditional leaning at OBOB for than a few times in the past which I think may be why she expressed herself as she did.

I pointed out to her that I will post a bit differently now that I'm ambassador:)
(At least let's hope so :p )

I really don't know enough about the Catholic Church to postulate an opinion; so I wont. I have been lurking on OBOB since the reformation of the software; as with the new 'most post' box that forum seems to be very active; is it cause there are so many Catholics, they like to argue, or they are used to talking and debating?

Also you have the Orthodox church on OBOB. Us non-denominational/ Baptist types (went to Baptist churches when younger) are usually more of one opinion; though we can get into some never ending arguments/debates; my brother was a Baptist youth minister; we did not see eye to eye.

I figured Anhelyna was just kidding you about some debates you might of had in the past; so I was just rattling your chain there.;)

Yes; I have had to watch my natural tendency to find fault and want to control the flow of conversations in threads; now that I have become an Ambassador; especially ones I have started. I still keep trying to get the management to be more open with information on how things are run here and how they make decision on what to put on the front page etc. but I'm trying to behave and toe the line; but it's hard; being an old rebel; it's difficult to change to a team player; but i'm trying! :rolleyes:

Well; it's time for lunch here; think maybe will see if I can find something to munch on; and by the world clock on my PC wall; you are coming up for 9pm; is it bout bed time for you or do you burn the night time oil? Cheers and Praise the Lord Jesus.:wave:

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well over the years; I have voted both sides of the fence; guess I am the quintessential middle-of-the-rode independent voter; usually pick the one I like the most; which hasn't always been the best way to pick; but usually I pick the winner; was only wrong once: picking Kerry.

Yes; I can imagine that big Red bear is much closer in your guy's vision then ours. There was so much talk over here the last 20 years about the down-fall of the Soviet Communist state; but I always thought; Russia is still there (just like China; communism didn't end) And now with Eastern Ukraine and the Crimea section falling in Russian hands what does NATO do to keep Putin in check? But the Republicans seem to want to go to war with half the world; then Trump talks about cooperating with Putin and dividing up the world like it was the 1700s. I really don't know.

I do like Bush more lately; but far as the Repubs; Kasich would be my real pick; he seems the only adult in the debates; maybe a miracle will happen and he will win a brokered convention. :)

Well it was nice talking to you here in the hinter lands of the counting threads; I have used them for more then counting before; nice to talk about politics without someone jumping in a telling us how wrong we are.:p

So true.
Before OBOB politics where closed it where always so heated.
I dipped my to in the water only to have it bitten of in a matter of minutes.
Well deserved maybe for a european meddling in US politics where ones nose doesn't belong...

Counting threads as a sacturary for reasonable and friendly conversation you say ? :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I really don't know enough about the Catholic Church to postulate an opinion; so I wont. I have been lurking on OBOB since the reformation of the software; as with the new 'most post' box that forum seems to be very active; is it cause there are so many Catholics, they like to argue, or they are used to talking and debating?

Also you have the Orthodox church on OBOB. Us non-denominational/ Baptist types (went to Baptist churches when younger) are usually more of one opinion; though we can get into some never ending arguments/debates; my brother was a Baptist youth minister; we did not see eye to eye.

I figured Anhelyna was just kidding you about some debates you might of had in the past; so I was just rattling your chain there.;)

Yes; I have had to watch my natural tendency to find fault and want to control the flow of conversations in threads; now that I have become an Ambassador; especially ones I have started. I still keep trying to get the management to be more open with information on how things are run here and how they make decision on what to put on the front page etc. but I'm trying to behave and toe the line; but it's hard; being an old rebel; it's difficult to change to a team player; but i'm trying! :rolleyes:

Well; it's time for lunch here; think maybe will see if I can find something to munch on; and by the world clock on my PC wall; you are coming up for 9pm; is it bout bed time for you or do you burn the night time oil? Cheers and Praise the Lord Jesus.:wave:

Haha starting to behave isn't easy for you either?:p
Well let's help one another I say ?:D

OBOB are quite active for several reasons actually.
One reason is that heterodox posters post content that frustrates the $/#^ out of some of us yeah I admit I swallow the bait from time to time :eek:

This causes heated discussion and sadly often end in a flamewar and mod action.

Another reason why OBOB is so active is because we are blessed to have Michie posting news articles several times a day which provide topics we do discuss :)

Upvote 0