Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We disagree: that doesn't make what I posted incorrect. It was Herod who somehow got possession of one or more of the old Tyre mints and began stamping coinage, which ended up in use in the temple simply because it was a reliable standard weight, which then later allowed Ananus ben Seth to gain total control over the precincts by way of his money changers.
Theres always a mediator.
I once heard from a wise Hawaiian. Levi being dead buries the dead

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We disagree: that doesn't make what I posted incorrect. It was Herod who somehow got possession of one or more of the old Tyre mints and began stamping coinage, which ended up in use in the temple simply because it was a reliable standard weight, which then later allowed Ananus ben Seth to gain total control over the precincts by way of his money changers.
Incorrect you are; Testimony states.

"The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury,]
Avoiding conflation. Seek the Truth.
You are getting close to focus like an eagle of the chariot

Last edited:
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
השם יהוה נאמר

Going to Messianic services, and Biblical Hebrew language class for over a year (August 2022 - October 2023) I found there were many ways to pronounce YAHWEH יהוה : YAHWEH, YAHVEH, YAHOEH, Yod Hey Wah Hey JEHOVAH, etc. Now there is no "J" in Hebrew, and the English language didn't have "J" till 1524. rather, English used "I" which is interchangeable with the Y sound. The top pronunciation on Google when asked how to pronounce the Tetragrammaton is "Ye-Ho-Wah." Most scholars agree on "Yahweh" - pronounced "Yah-Way"

So, I began to seek
יהוה in prayer, and after some time over days into weeks, the Spirit said "breathe." So I did lay there and breathe slowly in and out, and listened to the sound thereof, which was something like "Yaaaah-oooo-eh" or "Yehueh" but drawn out. "Yeh...." inhalation, "Ooooeh," - exhalation.

For the Ruach HaQodesh רואח הקדש is the Spirit Holy who gives breath, and is the breath of God, by which we know He created every star, and all the host of heaven by Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth."
Now, that revelation came about sometimes in October or November of 2023, and behold, today, February 8, 2024, I was reading a 1611 work by Lewis Bayly (1575-1631) "The Practice of Piety: Directing a Christian How to Walk that He May Please God," and I did read this, "Of the first sort is the name Jehovah (Exod. xv.3), or rather Jehueh, which signifieth the eternal being of himself..."
Drop the "J" - replace with the original "Y" and you have "Yehueh" - EXACTLY what I'd deduced from breathing at the prompting of the Spirit!

And the word of a 15th century Puritan preacher who was also chaplain to King James still surely speaks even 412 or 413 years later.
Another little piece of trivia I learned researching this, was that Bayly's book "The Practice of Piety" was also responsible for John Bunyans conversion: same Bunyan who wrote "The Pilgrims Promise."
Ha'Shem B'mar. Many voices in the vav alef?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Of course I disagree. Silver was the price paid to the unclean bird so called yhdh. The Temple currency print ceased very soon after the full betrayal.
Do you recall the number of birds that fed on the corpse?
Theres always a mediator.
I once heard from a wise Hawaiian. Levi being dead buries the dead
Incorrect. Testimony stated.

"The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury,]

Congratulations, you've managed to totally obfuscate the point made in Reply#39. Unfortunately for you, there is a lot of evidence that disagrees with your position that the Ashuri-Aramaic block script is supposedly the original script from the hand of Mosheh. There are fragments found at Qumran where the Aramaic script is being put into use but which contain the Tetragrammaton still written in Paleo Hebrew, showing that they clearly held the Paleo Hebrew of the Prophets to be older and closer to the source. There are even several Septuagint Greek texts which contain the Tetragrammaton written in Paleo Hebrew. If indeed you believe the Ashuri-Aramaic block script is the original script by the hand of Mosheh that is, at the least, ninety percent fantasy-imagination, which is why it would be much wiser to refrain from calling Paleo Hebrew "scribble" as you do.

name-dss.jpg

There is no reason for these examples if what you believe is true.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Congratulations, you've managed to totally obfuscate the point made in Reply#39. Unfortunately for you, there is a lot of evidence that disagrees with your position that the Ashuri-Aramaic block script is supposedly the original script from the hand of Mosheh. There are fragments found at Qumran where the Aramaic script is being put into use but which contain the Tetragrammaton still written in Paleo Hebrew, showing that they clearly held the Paleo Hebrew of the Prophets to be older and closer to the source. There are even several Septuagint Greek texts which contain the Tetragrammaton written in Paleo Hebrew. If indeed you believe the Ashuri-Aramaic block script is the original script by the hand of Mosheh that is, at the least, ninety percent fantasy-imagination, which is why it would be much wiser to refrain from calling Paleo Hebrew "scribble" as you do.

name-dss.jpg

But the earliest date to the dss scroll(s) are 200 bc. I've been listening And reading sir. So no your strike is without strength

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But the earliest date to the dss scroll(s) are 200 bc. I've been listening And reading sir. So no your strike is without strength

And what is the earliest date(range) for any known Hebrew scripture text or fragment written in the Ashuri-(Assyrian)-Aramaic block script which you say is original?

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

name-dss.jpg

But the earliest date to the dss scroll are 200 bc. I've been listening And reading s
And what is the earliest date(range) for any known Hebrew scripture text or fragment written in the Ashuri-(Assyrian)-Aramaic block script which you say is original?
Carefull.
Araimaic is a bridge between Holy and beautiful . A, "language' not script by the pharisees. The woman at the well knew better. Aramaic is about vowels. Ie shin, shin, sameak, ishi..
Where vowels are there is kerav, marriage vow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Carefull.
Araimaic is a bridge between Holy and beautiful . A, "language' not script by the pharisees. The woman at the well knew better. Aramaic is about vowels. Ie shin, shin, sameak, ishi..
Where vowels are there is kerav, marriage vow

So you are not even aware that the modern block Hebrew Ashuri(Assyrian) script was clearly borrowed from the ancient form of Aramaic which we all may plainly see written in the Aramaic portions of Daniel?

The modern Hebrew script is called Ashuri or Assyrian because the character set is the same as Biblical Aramaic, not just because it supposedly came from Babylon in the time of Ezra. To pretend that I do not know there is difference between the Hebrew and Aramaic languages is just another obfuscation at my expense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So you are not even aware that the modern block Hebrew Ashuri(Assyrian) script was clearly borrowed from the ancient form of Aramaic which we all may plainly see written in the Aramaic portions of Daniel?

The modern Hebrew script is called Ashuri or Assyrian because the character set is the same as Biblical Aramaic, not just because it supposedly came from Babylon in the time of Ezra. To pretend that I do not know there is difference between the Hebrew and Aramaic languages is just another obfuscation at my expense.

I presume nothing.
Your account is as it is.
Arellano

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I presume nothing.
Your account is as it is.
Arellano

Like you started off presuming Paleo Hebrew to be "scribble"?

"The ancient Aramaic alphabet was used to write the Aramaic languages spoken by ancient Aramean pre-Christian tribes throughout the Fertile Crescent. It was also adopted by other peoples as their own alphabet when empires and their subjects underwent linguistic Aramaization during a language shift for governing purposes — a precursor to Arabization centuries later — including among the Assyrians and Babylonians who permanently replaced their Akkadian language and its cuneiform script with Aramaic and its script, and among Jews (but not Samaritans), who adopted the Aramaic language as their vernacular and started using the Aramaic alphabet (which they call "Square Script") even for writing Hebrew, displacing the former Paleo-Hebrew alphabet. (The modern Hebrew alphabet derives from the Aramaic alphabet, in contrast to the modern Samaritan alphabet, which derives from Paleo-Hebrew.)"

Pretty sure I know the response incoming: but Wiki isn't wrong about this, so I post it anyway.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Like you started off presuming Paleo Hebrew to be "scribble"?

"The ancient Aramaic alphabet was used to write the Aramaic languages spoken by ancient Aramean pre-Christian tribes throughout the Fertile Crescent. It was also adopted by other peoples as their own alphabet when empires and their subjects underwent linguistic Aramaization during a language shift for governing purposes — a precursor to Arabization centuries later — including among the Assyrians and Babylonians who permanently replaced their Akkadian language and its cuneiform script with Aramaic and its script, and among Jews (but not Samaritans), who adopted the Aramaic language as their vernacular and started using the Aramaic alphabet (which they call "Square Script") even for writing Hebrew, displacing the former Paleo-Hebrew alphabet. (The modern Hebrew alphabet derives from the Aramaic alphabet, in contrast to the modern Samaritan alphabet, which derives from Paleo-Hebrew.)"

Pretty sure I know the response incoming: but Wiki isn't wrong about this, so I post it anyway.
Yes, a bridge language. Thankyou for confirmation. I suggest further dialogue in another place so that the op isnt overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Siloam Paleo Hebrew Inscription:

siloam-inscription-wiki.jpg

Paleo Hebrew text according to my reading:

siloam-inscription-wiki2.png

There are places online where authors and scholars have offered their readings in English translation as well as the translation quoted in the wikipedia article linked above under the first image file. No need for me to offer my own reading, but this is heading somewhere, that is, the separation of the Hebrew text in earlier Paleo Hebrew texts of the Hebrew scriptures: and it has much to do with the Tetragrammaton and how it was treated differently in both the LXX-Septuagint and therefore the Paleo Hebrew text which preceded the square script now found in the M/T. There is almost no doubt, (at least imo), that the LXX-Septuagint was translated from Paleo Hebrew texts, and that means that the Hebrew text was indeed separated.

However the Paleo Hebrew text would not have been separated by the letter waw, which doubled as a word separator in the original Ashuri text, but rather like the Samaritan Torah, (which is also derived from the Paleo Hebrew character set), but the Paleo Hebrew text was separated by middle dots, just as in the Siloam inscription above, and as found in most all other discoveries of the more ancient Paleo Hebrew script. This would mean that there was no doubt or guessing on the part of the Kohanim who rendered the Paleo Hebrew Torah into the Greek Septuagint Torah regarding the separation of the text because it was already handed down to them in a form wherein the text was separated using the middle dot, (and it was the Torah which was translated first, commencing about circa 285 BC, and the scribes would likely have been Kohanim regardless of the embellishments in the story found in the Letter of Aristeas).

Because of these things we can fairly closely reconstruct the Paleo Hebrew text using the separation of the text found in the OG (Old Greek) LXX-Septuagint: for this is often the reason why the LXX and the M/T disagree, being not always, but often, a matter of how the Hebrew text has been separated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are places online where authors and scholars have offered their readings in English translation as well as the translation quoted in the wikipedia article linked above under the first image file. No need for me to offer my own reading, but this is heading somewhere, that is, the separation of the Hebrew text in earlier Paleo Hebrew texts of the Hebrew scriptures: and it has much to do with the Tetragrammaton and how it was treated differently in both the LXX-Septuagint and therefore the Paleo Hebrew text which preceded the square script now found in the M/T. There is almost no doubt, (at least imo), that the LXX-Septuagint was translated from Paleo Hebrew texts, and that means that the Hebrew text was indeed separated.

However the Paleo Hebrew text would not have been separated by the letter waw, which doubled as a word separator in the original Ashuri text, but rather like the Samaritan Torah, (which is also derived from the Paleo Hebrew character set), but the Paleo Hebrew text was separated by middle dots, just as in the Siloam inscription above, and as found in most all other discoveries of the more ancient Paleo Hebrew script. This would mean that there was no doubt or guessing on the part of the Kohanim who rendered the Paleo Hebrew Torah into the Greek Septuagint Torah regarding the separation of the text because it was already handed down to them in a form wherein the text was separated using the middle dot, (and it was the Torah which was translated first, commencing about circa 285 BC, and the scribes would likely have been Kohanim regardless of the embellishments in the story found in the Letter of Aristeas).

Because of these things we can fairly closely reconstruct the Paleo Hebrew text using the separation of the text found in the OG (Old Greek) LXX-Septuagint: for this is often the reason why the LXX and the M/T disagree, being not always, but often, a matter of how the Hebrew text has been separated.

So then, I will post one example of what I am saying in the above, and it is an extremely important example, or at least it was for me when I first saw and realized what this probably meant. I could write a wall of text here about what follows, but instead it is probably better just to post the example and let those who are interested investigate these things for themselves, yet there is much going on in the following passage: things which need to be studied through in prayer with an open heart and mind.

There are many places in the OG LXX where the Tetragrammaton is actually divided at the waw, producing Yah, which would have appeared that way in the Paleo Hebrew text but do not now appear that way in the M/T, which is not likely due to anything nefarious, but because of the problem of separating the Ashuri text, (having a waw separator and written in a semi-scriptio continua form like the Paleo text), if perhaps you no longer have the Paleo text to guide you in that separation process. Another thing which is critical to understand is that Yah may be rendered as either Kurios or Theos in the LXX, and here Yah is rendered as Theos. Paul quotes from this passage in Romans 14:11 and he quotes from the OG LXX almost verbatim.

ישעה 45:23-25 Hebrew Bible
בי נשבעתי יצא מפי צדקה דבר ולא ישוב כי לי תכרע כל ברך תשבע כל לשון׃
אך ביהוה לי אמר צדקות ועז עדיו יבוא ויבשו כל הנחרים בו׃
ביהוה יצדקו ויתהללו כל זרע ישראל׃

Isaiah 45:23-25 OG LXX
23 κατ εμαυτου ομνυω η μην εξελευσεται εκ του στοματος μου δικαιοσυνη οι λογοι μου ουκ αποστραφησονται οτι εμοι καμψει παν γονυ και εξομολογησεται πασα γλωσσα τω θεω
24 λεγων δικαιοσυνη και δοξα προς αυτον ηξουσιν και αισχυνθησονται παντες οι αφοριζοντες εαυτους
25 απο κυριου δικαιωθησονται και εν τω θεω ενδοξασθησονται παν το σπερμα των υιων ισραηλ

isaiah-45a.png

Yeshayah 45:23-25 Paleo Hebrew Translation
[23] By Myself have I sworn, the righteous Word has gone forth from My mouth and shall not be turned back, that unto Me every knee shall bow: every tongue shall surely confess by Yah unto Me,
[24] saying, He is my righteousness and strength: all those incensed against Him shall come and be ashamed!
[25] In YHWH shall they be justified: and all the seed of Yisrael shall hallu-in-Yah!

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Siloam Paleo Hebrew Inscription:

View attachment 343563

Paleo Hebrew text according to my reading:

View attachment 343564

Princes of the sea like a beast on the shores. Paleo hebrew is a semetic phonecian script[scribble] adopted around the time of shlomo(Solomon's rule). And wasnt the scribe ezra the one who admonished the adoption?

Ezekiel ch 26
טו כֹּה אָמַר אֲדֹנָי יְהוִה, לְצוֹר: הֲלֹא מִקּוֹל מַפַּלְתֵּךְ, בֶּאֱנֹק חָלָל בֵּהָרֵג הֶרֶג בְּתוֹכֵךְ, יִרְעֲשׁוּ, הָאִיִּים.15 Thus saith the Lord GOD to Tyre: Shall not the isles shake at the sound of thy fall, when the wounded groan, when the slaughter is made in the midst of thee?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This matches Jesus Christ perfectly.
He is the Name, the only Name I can call upon as my source of righteousness. (Daily I require in order to overcome the world, and the flesh, to call upon His Name.) He takes away my sinful urges and gives me true rest. There is Power in This Name beyond anything, for every spirit is made subject unto it.

Now look closely at the following passage:

Ephesians 4:7-13
7 But unto each one of us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift of Χ̅Ρ.
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended on high, he led captivity captive, And gave gifts unto men. [Psa 68:18]
9 Now this, "He ascended", what is it but that he also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.
11 And he gave some to be apostles, and some, prophets, and some, evangelists, and some, pastors and teachers,
12 for the perfecting of the saints, unto the work of ministering, unto the building up of the body of Χ̅Ρ,
13 until we all attain unto the unity of the faith-belief, and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, unto a fully-grown man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Χ̅Ρ:

And what does the quote say? The OG LXX contains blessed twice, instead of only once as found in the M/T, in the break between verses eighteen and nineteen: and thus those who rendered the LXX were reading in the Hebrew text, "Yah Elohim the Blessed", (κυριος ο θεος ευλογητος).

Psalm 68:18-19 OG LXX
18 ανεβης εις υψος ηχμαλωτευσας αιχμαλωσιαν ελαβες δοματα εν ανθρωπω και γαρ απειθουντες του κατασκηνωσαι κυριος ο θεος ευλογητος
19 ευλογητος κυριος ημεραν καθ ημεραν κατευοδωσει ημιν ο θεος των σωτηριων ημων διαψαλμα

Psalm 68:18
18 You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive, You have brought gifts among men and wrath to the rebellious, that Yah Elohim the Blessed might dwell there. [Eph 4:8].
(Translation note: I do not read אף as H637 yea in the Hebrew text here, but as H639 wrath).

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟117,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Princes of the sea like a beast on the shores. Paleo hebrew is a semetic phonecian script[scribble] adopted around the time of shlomo(Solomon's rule). And wasnt the scribe ezra the one who admonished the adoption?

Ezekiel ch 26
טו כֹּה אָמַר אֲדֹנָי יְהוִה, לְצוֹר: הֲלֹא מִקּוֹל מַפַּלְתֵּךְ, בֶּאֱנֹק חָלָל בֵּהָרֵג הֶרֶג בְּתוֹכֵךְ, יִרְעֲשׁוּ, הָאִיִּים.15 Thus saith the Lord GOD to Tyre: Shall not the isles shake at the sound of thy fall, when the wounded groan, when the slaughter is made in the midst of thee?

As for myself I am beginning to seriously doubt that the square script even came from Ezra.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟19,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As for myself I am beginning to seriously doubt that the square script even came from Ezra.
Scepticism is a healthy stance in most cases.
I'm looking forward to more on the vav position that you've considered and put forth in thought. Sound pronunciation(dialect) and script are related after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0