Visit site
✟93,217.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel saw a vision of a temple during his exile. A few decades later, Zerubbabel rebuilt the second temple, not according to Ezekiel's specifications. Neither was Herod's renovation of the second temple a few centuries later.

Did Ezekiel describe a third physical temple?

In his time, the first temple (Solomon's temple) was destroyed. Ezekiel described a future temple. Neither Zerubbabel's temple nor Herod's renovation fitted that description. Ezekiel probably described a spiritual temple.

As a Christian, I will not promote the building of another physical temple. 1 Corinthians 3:

16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.
2 Corinthians 6:

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
Ephesians 2:

19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,d but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
1 Peter 2:

5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Today, God's temple is no longer physical but organic.

See also Will the Third Temple be built?

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have some information to support your OP @tonychanyt .

Per Scripture, Ezekiel's Temple was to be a conditional promise...

Ezekiel 43:11
"And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them."

In other words, *IF* the Israelites repented and were ashamed, *THEN* Ezekiel was to show them these blueprints and God would build it.

Sadly, the Israelites did not repent, thus the plans were permanently scrapped.

Note that if Ezekiel did show them the plans, then that would mean that Ezekiel disobeyed a direct order from God.

Upvote 0

KevinT

May 26, 2021
Tennessee
✟13,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of future temples, I have a slightly different question. In Rev 21:22 it states that the New Jerusalem, after it comes down from heaven to earth, will not have a temple. But earlier in Rev 6:9, it discusses an altar (complete with the souls of martyrs underneath), and Rev 8 shows an angel with incense at an altar before the throne of God. When I read altar, it seems that this would be part of a temple or sanctuary structure. Hebrews 9 discusses Jesus entering the Holy Place in a heavenly sanctuary.

Is this showing that there is a sanctuary in heaven right now, but in the future there will not be?

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟16,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this showing that there is a sanctuary in heaven right now, but in the future there will not be?

Kind of.

The best way to understand the Throne Room is to interpret it from the Kingdom of God Within (i.e., human anatomy, physiology, etc.). Once we do this, we discover that the Throne Room is a representation of a 'Bosom'. Whose Bosom? Abraham's Bosom...

1 Abraham.png

Abraham's Bosom is where the Redeemed rest until the End Times...

Revelation 6:11
"And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

Jesus, represented by the Lamb, is now currently there along with the Redeemed. Abraham's Bosom is called 'Paradise'...

Luke 23:43
"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

To be absent from the Body is to be present with the LORD in Abraham's Bosom...

2 Corinthians 5:8
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

The Redeemed are waiting to be 'clothed' with their Heavenly Tabernacle...

2 Corinthians 5:4-6
"For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:"

That is why the Souls under the Altar are given 'white robes'. They are temporary 'wedding garments' until they are clothed with their final 'Tabernacle Bodies'...

Isaiah 61:10
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."

When the Marriage is come, Abraham (Throne Room) and his wife Sarah (New Jerusalem) merge into One...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Thus, the Throne Room becomes part of New Jerusalem to fertilize the Tree of Life...

Revelation 22:1
"And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."

The Two become One, and the Children of the Kingdom are Born Again. The Redeemed become Abraham's Seed and are Born Again literally into the Glorified Body.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinT
Upvote 0