Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no, it is not merely God's business and I am connected to God anyway, so it's the same thing.

I have no respect for someone who violates the law to allow STRANGERS into our country, leaving Americans vulnerable to crime and fentanyl and terrorism.

And when one who does those things sits in the "office" the office is not exactly respectable either.

One has to EARN respect. You can't be lawless and expect people to respect you.
So you represent Jesus. Jesus kicks them out. We need kicked out as well. We took this land by force

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
So you represent Jesus. Jesus kicks them out. We need kicked out as well. We took this land by force

No, we didn't. That's overly simplistic. Yes, President Jackson treated the Natives horribly.. Trail of Tears, etc. But a lot has been done to "make up for" what was done, free or low-cost housing if you have Native American blood and etc...

I don't get that one comment: Jesus kicks them out

??? who is them?

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we didn't. That's overly simplistic. Yes, President Jackson treated the Natives horribly.. Trail of Tears, etc. But a lot has been done to "make up for" what was done, free or low-cost housing if you have Native American blood and etc...

I don't get that one comment: Jesus kicks them out

??? who is them?
Democrats and Republicans treat each other horribly.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Democrats and Republicans treat each other horribly.
I don't think the Rs treat some of the most dishonest and lawless Ds "horribly" enough.

Adam Schiff lied over and over about the Russia Hoax, claiming to have evidence, all the while knowing he didn't.

And nothing was ever done about it. i guess there's some rule that Congresspersons can say virtually whatever they want when they're on the floor

That job certainly has its perks... if you're a lawless, amoral, unethical person who loves lying

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the Rs treat some of the most dishonest and lawless Ds "horribly" enough.

Adam Schiff lied over and over about the Russia Hoax, claiming to have evidence, all the while knowing he didn't.

And nothing was ever done about it. i guess there's some rule that Congresspersons can say virtually whatever they want when they're on the floor

That job certainly has its perks... if you're a lawless, amoral, unethical person who loves lying
Adam Schiff isn't Jesus. We don't fret when evil men succeed in their schemes.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Psalms 37:1 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.
3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit[a] your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
9 For evildoers shall be [b]cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth,
And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12 The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.
16 A little that a righteous man has
Is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
But the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,
And their inheritance shall be forever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not one politician is an example of mature Christian. It's all the blind leading the blind
That's because mature Christians these days have the same ideology as you do that tells them not to seek power in office. Would you want a mature Christian in politics governing according to Christian standards to begin with?

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's because mature Christians these days have the same ideology as you do that tells them not to seek power in office. Would you want a mature Christian in politics governing according to Christian standards to begin with?
Being a police officer or government official is ok. It's the division, fear, gossip, worries, bitterness, complaints, discontent and slander that is the problem.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Being a police officer or government official is ok. It's the division, fear, gossip, worries, bitterness, complaints, discontent and slander that is the problem.
You mean things pretty much all people do at various points of their lives?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Biden simply disgusts me. I despise in particular how he claims to be Catholic and yet advocates for everything contrary to the faith in civil society.
a HUGE

AMEN to that.

How dishonest can a person be when he or she professes to adhere to some RELIGION, yet blatantly does NOT... when he advocates and pushes policies that are EGREGIOUSLY opposed to that religion's teachings? And worse, said policies involve MURDER of the most innocent among us!

But this is what happens when people don't take Jesus and His Words seriously... and frankly, this began in earnest with the Protestant Reformation

(although nothing was reformed in the usual sense of that word. Thank you, Luther)

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore no Christian in power can ever be good enough for you.
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [a]speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad to meet a sin-less person.

Seriously, you don't even swear when someone cuts you off in traffic and misses hitting you by an inch?

wow... impressive
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [a]speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned

Upvote 0