Who enjoys older Christian Music better than modern out there?

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally love 2000s Christian and a few other decades. Bethany Dillon, Jars of Clay, Nichole Nordeman, Jaci Velasquez, Susan Ashton, Rich Mullins and a whole lot more!
Well for me, Christian music took a nosedive in 2012-2015, when it became pop-ified. One of the only Christian artists I enjoy post-2010s is Lauren Daigle, so maybe Christian music will get better again.

Some of my favorites are below (non exhaustive list):

Casting Crowns
King & Country
Matt Redman
Newsboys
Chris Tomlin
Rich Mullins
Kutless
Selah
Toby Mac
MercyMe
Big Daddy Weave
Tree63
Bebo Norman
10th Avenue North
Fee
Laura Story
Needtobreathe

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

WE NEED GREAT CHRISTIAN ANIMATION AGAIN!
Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well for me, Christian music took a nosedive in 2012-2015, when it became pop-ified. One of the only Christian artists I enjoy post-2010s is Lauren Daigle, so maybe Christian music will get better again.

Some of my favorites are below (non exhaustive list):

Casting Crowns
King & Country
Matt Redman
Newsboys
Chris Tomlin
Rich Mullins
Kutless
Selah
Toby Mac
MercyMe
Big Daddy Weave
Tree63
Bebo Norman
10th Avenue North
Fee
Laura Story
Needtobreathe
Yeah I like a lot of them too! Susan Ashton does a trio album with Margaret Becker and Christine Dente, it's great. I have one of Jake's albums and I like them too but Superchic[k] and one of my favorites, BarlowGirl. (ZoeGirl is great too!) I really enjoy Rebecca St. James too and the upcoming movie of their family is definitely a must see!

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I like a lot of them too! Susan Ashton does a trio album with Margaret Becker and Christine Dente, it's great. I have one of Jake's albums and I like them too but Superchic[k] and one of my favorites, BarlowGirl. (ZoeGirl is great too!) I really enjoy Rebecca St. James too and the upcoming movie of their family is definitely a must see!
Nice. I should check the new movie out. We just need more good modern Christian music nowadays, but a lot of artists have become or are sell-outs over the past 10 years.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice. I should check the new movie out. We just need more good modern Christian music nowadays, but a lot of artists have become or are sell-outs over the past 10 years.
Yeah, agreed.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟107,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, agreed.
Yeah. Anyways, God bless. Nice talking with you, bro. If you have any other Christian artists recommendations, you can make a blog post about the artists, and I'll read it.

Upvote 0

jacob.austin

Apr 9, 2024
Pacific Northwest
✟2,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, absolutely, will do! I haven't gotten to writing any blogs yet (still have to get to that) but I like writing so I think I'll give it a try!
Yeah. Anyways, God bless. Nice talking with you, bro. If you have any other Christian artists recommendations, you can make a blog post about the artists, and I'll read it.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0