Dedicated Follower of Lord Jesus
Apr 4, 2014
USA
✟7,937.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for answering me on that. That post seemed more than far fetched to me. I needed another opinion because I'm so isolated. I've heard stories over the Internet that boggle the mind. Some sounded straight out of a twilight zone episode. Others depend on who believes it. That guy's story 1 of 2 things to me. It's some kind of false belief, or it's a real devil. Several years ago I heard of a new drug some people were taking to feel not part of reality for a short time. I'm not going to name it. But from what I read, and 3 real life users told me, these experiences might be real devils.

Again, thank you for your opinion.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi OlderGuy,

I have PM'd you today.

The first part of the Hail Mary is in fact within the Holy Bible - the second part of The Hail Mary was given by Jesus Christ our Saviour Saint Dominic when Jesus appeared to Saint Dominic with "The Holy Rosary" and again during 1260 to Blessed Alan De la Roche - if you read Saint Louis De Montfort's book based on Saint Dominic and The Blessed Alan De la Roche (priests of whom Jesus Christ our Saviour appeared to during 1214 and 1260 respectively) and whom Saint Louis De Montfort knew personally (Blessed Alan De La Roche) you will comprehend the facts about "The Hail Mary" Prayer itself!

The Angelic Salutation has been delivered and spread by Jesus Christ our Saviour/God/The Holy Spirit and The Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God via appearances to Children - The Fatima Children and many other Saints (Jesus' religious) with Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of God appearing to these Saints with Her Holy Rosary of which includes "The Hail Mary's and The Our Father's and The Glory be to the Father and to The Son and to the Holy Spirit, Amen" Prayers - do you not pray The Blessed Virgin Mary's Holy Rosary for causes to Her Jon? Jesus Himself has been requesting this through His priests for centuries.

You would need to really read the entire book OG to realise this fact,

Therefore, the link was posted fyi.

The Secret of the Rosary - Part 1

All the best OG,

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello OlderGuy,

I saw your messages here, and I can tell you are a Catholic Seeker, but you are looking for something "different". I am a Catholic, in communion with Rome but I do not practice the Roman Rite. Indeed many people are surprised to learn that there are actually 23 autonomous churches that make up the Catholic Church. Each one of these 23 churches has its own distinct worship style, based on different apostolic traditions. You are probably most familiar with the Latin Church, or the Roman Catholic Church, indeed it is the largest Church within the Catholic Communion. Latin Catholics are highly devoted, and very reverent but their style of worship is not for everyone; mine is different, but also not for everyone. I would like to help you find the Church that suits you best.

I am a member of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, which is a Byzantine Rite Church. Byzantine Catholics are descendants of the apostolic traditions of St. Andrew. We Byzantine Catholics do not use statues in our Churches, indeed if our churches are decorated it is normally with icons. Icons are 2D images of Christ, and his saints. Icons are purposely distorted here and there so as not to become idols. My Avatar is an example of a Byzantine icon, the subject being Christ our Lord and Savior.

In any version of Catholicism you will find devotion to Mary, the life bringer. However in Byzantine Catholicism we generally do not use rosaries, but rather we use prayer ropes. What is a prayer rope? Well it is a prayer aid, it helps us stay focused on prayer without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We pray the Jesus Prayer with our prayer rope, it goes as follows:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner

We repeat this over and over, we must be humble before the lord. We are all sinners whether we want to admit it or not, I know I am.

profitia2.jpg

An Example of a Simple Byzantine Prayer Rope.

Our Church service is not called the "mass", instead we have the Divine Liturgy. We celebrate primarily the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom and occasionally the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great. These liturgies are chanted/sung without instrumentation, you will find that most of what is sung comes from scripture. Communion is offered at each Divine Liturgy, however our bread is leavened rather than unleavened as you might find in a Latin Church. Incense is heavily used, and the event is a solemn devotion to Christ our Lord.

A video about Byzantine Catholicism, I have had the honor of attending this parish before.​

There are other versions of Catholicism; if you want more information please message me! I would love to talk to you, and help you find a parish that you can visit. Like I said, please message me! :)

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

Hello Everyone,

I'm asking this of the Charismatic Catholics. I already know the mainstream Catholic response.

I was born and raised Catholic but became a Protestant Christian at 30 after I read the Bible. But now, some 30 more years later, I am very displeased with the way Protestantism (in general) went. So I keep trying to come back to Catholicism and 1 thing keeps bothering me. I understand that Catholics say they don't pray to Mary, they only venerate her. I have nothing against this because she was the mother of our Lord Jesus. But if you take apart the Hail Mary prayer, they are praying to her. Maybe this is right and I just can't see it yet. But as per the Bible I pray to God. Hebrews makes it clear we can do this. So I'm wondering how Charismatic Catholics feel about this? Do you pray the rosary or do you usually spend time in contemplative prayer? If Charismatics don't pray to Mary, or other saints, I have to look for a church where there are Charismatic people. Just today I was watching EWTN. First they said a rosary, but then they prayed to the angel Michael. But in the Bible angels won't even allow humans to bow down to them. They insist they are servants of God just as we are.

I'll return when I get some responses.

I am not an charismatic Catholic, but I answer boldly about to whom I pray even though you explicitly ask for the opinions of Charismatics.

I pray to The most Holy Theotokos and Christ.
Well occasionally I pray for other saints interseccion, but that's only rarely.

You are spot on about the fact that we actively pray TO her yes.
It's a part of our Sacred Tradition to both venerate her aswell as invoke her.
Our prayers or conversations with the Saint is made possible only thrugh Christ, He is the only redeemer and the one who ''connect '' the heavently with the earthly.
The saints are not dead, they live in heaven and since there only one church both the faithful on earth, in Purgatory and in heaven is United with one another.
So all being alive it's only natural to ask for Holy people living with God for their interseccion on our behalf.

As for Mary she is the Mother of God and we know she has an totally unique relationship with Christ, just remember her persistency at Cana.
So if she defends us we stand much stronger.

I struggle a lot with many sins and in times when I'm living in mortal sin I always turn to her for protection.
She is our queen who helps her children in battle.

If you have questions feel free to pm me or ask me in this thread:)
I love to talk about Mary <3

Again sorry for taking the liberty to answer your thread despite not being charismatic catholic.

Pax Christi
MC

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

Hello OlderGuy,

I saw your messages here, and I can tell you are a Catholic Seeker, but you are looking for something "different". I am a Catholic, in communion with Rome but I do not practice the Roman Rite. Indeed many people are surprised to learn that there are actually 23 autonomous churches that make up the Catholic Church. Each one of these 23 churches has its own distinct worship style, based on different apostolic traditions. You are probably most familiar with the Latin Church, or the Roman Catholic Church, indeed it is the largest Church within the Catholic Communion. Latin Catholics are highly devoted, and very reverent but their style of worship is not for everyone; mine is different, but also not for everyone. I would like to help you find the Church that suits you best.

I am a member of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, which is a Byzantine Rite Church. Byzantine Catholics are descendants of the apostolic traditions of St. Andrew. We Byzantine Catholics do not use statues in our Churches, indeed if our churches are decorated it is normally with icons. Icons are 2D images of Christ, and his saints. Icons are purposely distorted here and there so as not to become idols. My Avatar is an example of a Byzantine icon, the subject being Christ our Lord and Savior.

In any version of Catholicism you will find devotion to Mary, the life bringer. However in Byzantine Catholicism we generally do not use rosaries, but rather we use prayer ropes. What is a prayer rope? Well it is a prayer aid, it helps us stay focused on prayer without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We pray the Jesus Prayer with our prayer rope, it goes as follows:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner

We repeat this over and over, we must be humble before the lord. We are all sinners whether we want to admit it or not, I know I am.

profitia2.jpg

An Example of a Simple Byzantine Prayer Rope.

Our Church service is not called the "mass", instead we have the Divine Liturgy. We celebrate primarily the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom and occasionally the Divine Liturgy of St. Basil the Great. These liturgies are chanted/sung without instrumentation, you will find that most of what is sung comes from scripture. Communion is offered at each Divine Liturgy, however our bread is leavened rather than unleavened as you might find in a Latin Church. Incense is heavily used, and the event is a solemn devotion to Christ our Lord.

A video about Byzantine Catholicism, I have had the honor of attending this parish before.​

There are other versions of Catholicism; if you want more information please message me! I would love to talk to you, and help you find a parish that you can visit. Like I said, please message me! :)

How I wish Byzantine rite where made available in my area.
I support your suggestion whole heartedly.

Pax Christi
MC

Upvote 0