Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are curious as to my various personal beliefs on any theological matter, I would be happy to answer any of your questions. :)

Sure , i have a question for you.

Q.) if God makes CHRISTians, and .... John Calvin makes Calvinists.. then what is the issue with that reality?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Nada/.

What i do, is try to take advantage of anything someone posts to me to teach : Pauline Theology.
So, you do disagree with Paul. Apparently you were baptized in the name of Paul, according to Paul, in the verses that I posted. Is Christ Divided

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, you do disagree with Paul. Apparently you were baptized in the name of Paul, according to Paul, in the verses that I posted. Is Christ Divided

I never disagree with Paul., as Pauline Theology is THE Theology for the Born again.

Accept no false substitute that ends with "ism".

Also, @Grip Docility ....I was actually water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again, and 5 yrs after i was called into the Ministry.

Paul said.. "Jesus didn't send me to water baptize".. and the reason He said this, is to clarify the insignificance of water baptism, regarding becoming a CHRISTian.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sure , i have a question for you.

Q.) if God makes CHRISTians, and .... John Calvin makes Calvinists.. then what is the issue with that reality?
They are worshiping men. Salvation is up to The Son of God, God the Son. However, Galatians literally lumps "Factions" in with "Sexual Immorality"... as fruits of the Flesh. You like Paul... let's channel Paul's writing style.. BLUNT...

By the Law, all matters of Sexual issues arise in the word "Fornication"... Sex with Beasts, Same Sex Sex, Temple Prostitution, Rape, Incest... etc... etc... and right next to activities that factions ardently preach against those very things within, is the Carnal act of FACTIONS. The same Paul that hoped the Anathema would have a "Botched Circumcision" and not be able to "Reproduce"... wrote Galatians.

My point... I think it's biblically relevant. IMHO

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I never disagree with Paul., as Pauline Theology is THE Theology for the Born again.

Accept no false substitute that ends with "ism".

Also, @Grip Docility ....I was actually water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again, and 5 yrs after i was called into the Ministry.

Paul said.. "Jesus didn't send me to water baptize".. and the reason He said this, is to clarify the insignificance of water baptism, regarding becoming a CHRISTian.
I tend to match energy in debate... and went for a challenging mode of discussion, in response to your initial reply. I added tongue and cheek, so that you would see good humor within my responses. In no way do I doubt your Salvation. I am merely amplifying an issue that is very important to me. I wrote an OP on it recently. Please don't misunderstand me... I read into your response pattern that you might enjoy serious discussion and debate. Again, if I have offended you, I apologize.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are worshiping men.

Is it possible to identify yourself as a type, and not be of that type?

Therefore, if a person says..."im a Calvinist', or "Im a mormon" or "im a JW".. or "I'm a Scientologist".

Is it possible to be a follower of someone's Theology, and not be a follower of them?

So, if Paul says...>"be a follower of me", and Paul says that he received His doctrine from "no Man, but from Christ Himself".... and we then follow THEM< as "be a follower of ME".. .Paul says..

Do you see?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Therefore, if a person says..."im a Calvinist', or "Im a mormon" or "im a JW".. or "I'm a Scientologist".

Is it possible to be a follower of someone's Theology, and not be a follower of them?

So, if Paul says...>"be a follower of me", and Paul says that he received His doctrine from "no Man, but from Christ Himself".... and we then follow THEM< as "be a follower of ME".. .Paul says..

Do you see?
I see that Paul is a mere tool of Yeshua, and to Yeshua be the Glory. Therefore, I continue to emphasize that unity only comes when Christians stop verbally chopping the Body of Christ into pieces. Incidentally, I have written about the importance of Paul being the conduit for the ministry of the Gospel, given from Heaven, via God the Son, to Paul.

I am merely going with Paul's warning. Don't you see the humor in this discussion?

Why the goodness can't we all just settle on Acts 11:26?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟10,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Do you see?
Allow me to put this another way…

The Head (Hat) of the Son is the Father…

The Head (Hat) of the Body of Christ is The Son…

Should we trade our Head/Hat out for another? (Spoiler alert: I’m using one of Paul’s illustrations)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Allow me to put this another way…

The Head (Hat) of the Son is the Father…

The Head (Hat) of the Body of Christ is The Son…

Should we trade our Head/Hat out for another? (Spoiler alert: I’m using one of Paul’s illustrations)

Jesus said that "Paul is a chosen vessel unto me".

He called Paul, after He was ascended back into Glory. (Heaven)

He chose Paul separately from the others, because Paul is THE "apostle to the Gentiles' and Jesus was sending Him into "the time of the Gentiles".

You're in it right now @Grip Docility , and its about to END.

So, If you own a bible, then you'll note that of the Epistles, Paul wrote most of them.
This means....that when a student of the word want to know "doctrine for the Church", you read Paul's doctrine.

See, its Paul who told us to "study to show yourself approved unto GOD".. .'rightly dividing the word"...

and other Things like..

The 9 Gifts of the Spirit. (Spiritual Gifts).

or What to do with a church member who is fornicating with their parent.

or How to chose a Pastor

or How to Walk in the Spirit

or How to put on the Whole Armor of God

or How to understand what constitutes NT "marriage"

See all that? ????????????????

That's Paul's Doctrine, and that is just a small sample.

Last edited:
Upvote 0