What's the weather like where you are? (10)

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Currently 76. Dewpoint 69. Humidity 79%. Muggy.

Had storms and lots of rain over the weekend. Had storms and lots of rain last night. Expecting storms and lots of rain tonight. Forecast of storms and rain through next week. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Currently 76. Dewpoint 69. Humidity 79%. Muggy.

Had storms and lots of rain over the weekend. Had storms and lots of rain last night. Expecting storms and lots of rain tonight. Forecast of storms and rain through next week. :rolleyes:
Prayers! Is your area prone to floods?

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Prayers! Is your area prone to floods?

Not particularly. We're normally high and dry. There are creeks, streams, as well as a river that goes through town, but work on that over the years has limited possible flooding that used to take place. That being said, we're in a flood watch through Sunday afternoon. That mostly takes into account the river rising and local streams and creeks going over their banks throughout what is largely open countryside.
We've had a lot more rain than usual so far this year, especially in April, and they're saying we'll get quite a bit over the weekend. But being in the north part of Texas we're much better off than those along the coast.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not particularly. We're normally high and dry. There are creeks, streams, as well as a river that goes through town, but work on that over the years has limited possible flooding that used to take place. That being said, we're in a flood watch through Sunday afternoon. That mostly takes into account the river rising and local streams and creeks going over their banks throughout what is largely open countryside.
We've had a lot more rain than usual so far this year, especially in April, and they're saying we'll get quite a bit over the weekend. But being in the north part of Texas we're much better off than those along the coast.
That's good. How is your okra doing?

My mother wasn't much of a gardener, but she planted spinach once. I was only eight. We had a storm and the hail beat the little seedlings. She only planted radishes after that. But we usually lived in apartments, so no gardening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's good. How is your okra doing?

My mother wasn't much of a gardener, but she planted spinach once. I was only eight. We had a storm and the hail beat the little seedlings. She only planted radishes after that. But we usually lived in apartments, so no gardening.

The temperatures have been so up and down that the plants just sat there until this week. They like steady warm/hot weather. This week they doubled in size. They should grow rapidly now.

That's a shame. I love getting outside and playing with the plants.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Spring is here. No more frosts.

Mama mallard is still on her nest near my front porch. She isn't startled by me any more. But it seems like it's time for those eggs to hatch. It takes about 30 days. But I didn't write down the date when I first saw her.

My riding mower died. My daughter and I are going half and half on the new one.

Upvote 0