What's the Biblical Meaning of Dreaming About the Same Person?

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same person keeps appearing in my dreams...over and over and over again (seems to be almost EVERY dream). I considered that maybe God is just putting this person on my heart, kind of moving me to pray for him. But I've already BEEN praying for him, as I pray for all of my friends earnestly.

I've asked God to get him out of my dreams and just use my dreams to speak to me. But the guy keeps appearing in my dreams. Does this mean I haven't fully given my heart to God, and that my heart is still maintaining some high level of control over my dreams? I was certain I've surrendered my heart to the Lord, given it completely to Him. And even "re-surrendered" it to Him, just in case I tried to sneak it back or something, haha. I have heard that our own heart will try to take over when we have not truly made God the Lord of our lives...or when we've allowed something to come in front of Him. Is this what's happening? I really am striving to focus completely on God and allow nothing to come before Him...so I'm just trying to figure out if these dreams are indicating that somehow I've messed up and haven't really given God control.

Any insight would be appreciated!

dancingwithhim

Oct 12, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It depends on what the dreams are about. If they are sexual, then, keep giving it over to the Lord. I don't know what kind of relationship that you had with this person. If there is a soul tie, you may need to break that off. I have had to do that in the past.

If this person was like your best friend and you miss this person, or had a fight with this person, you may need to forgive him and let him go.

God is probably trying to speak to you through this person, depending on the dream. He could also be trying to show you an area that you don't know about in your heart so that you can deal with it.

The Holy Spirit will show you.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends on what the dreams are about. If they are sexual, then, keep giving it over to the Lord. I don't know what kind of relationship that you had with this person. If there is a soul tie, you may need to break that off. I have had to do that in the past.

If this person was like your best friend and you miss this person, or had a fight with this person, you may need to forgive him and let him go.

God is probably trying to speak to you through this person, depending on the dream. He could also be trying to show you an area that you don't know about in your heart so that you can deal with it.

The Holy Spirit will show you.

Okay. Well the dreams aren't sexual at all. The person is just a friend (we're not on bad terms or anything), and the dreams range from a "friendly" nature, to a dating/relationship nature, which is odd. I've never dated this guy...he's always been just a friend, so it's weird to be having dreams like this.

In the last dream I had, which was last night, the guy was talking to me, but then he had to leave because he had to be back in town by a certain time, so before he left, he said, "Let me give you a hug before I go..." and then he hugged me, but he didn't let go...he just kinda held me like he didn't want to leave me. In the dream, it seemed so natural...but when I woke up, I was like, "Uh...that was weird..."

Upvote 0

dancingwithhim

Oct 12, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry that I meantion that about being sexual. =| I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

Well, do you have feelings for this guy, would you want to be more than friends? I know that you said that you wanted to quit dreaming about him. (You don't have to answer this if you don't want to) I don't know, he may want a closer relationship with you and you might be sensing that. If you have feelings for him, that would explain your dreams. You might want to continue to pray and ask God to show you more indepth. It could also mean that your heart is desiring a relationship with someone, may not be him, and it just seems this guy is the replacement in your mind to fill that. I could be totally wrong here! Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0

NapoliaDinosaur

Feb 10, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry that I meantion that about being sexual. =| I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

Well, do you have feelings for this guy, would you want to be more than friends? I know that you said that you wanted to quit dreaming about him. (You don't have to answer this if you don't want to) I don't know, he may want a closer relationship with you and you might be sensing that. If you have feelings for him, that would explain your dreams. You might want to continue to pray and ask God to show you more indepth. It could also mean that your heart is desiring a relationship with someone, may not be him, and it just seems this guy is the replacement in your mind to fill that. I could be totally wrong here! Just some thoughts.

Oh it's okay...you didn't make me feel uncomfortable or anything. I was just clarifying that the dreams weren't sexual or anything.

But anyways...do I have feelings for the guy? Well, that's where it gets complicated. I did kinda start having feelings for him awhile ago...but I thought I shouldn't have feelings for him, because I've always viewed him just as a brother in Christ, and he's always viewed me as a sister in Christ (from what I know). And so that's all I want to be to him: a sister in Christ, a friend. So I gave my heart to God, and told Him to deal with it and get rid of any desire for anything more than friendship with this guy...I completely surrendered those feelings to the Lord, and decided I would focus on God alone. I KNOW I've surrendered it to Him and let go of it. So it shouldn't be coming up in my dreams now, since I've asked God to have control of my dreams and keep me from altering or influencing them. I wanna hear from God in my dreams, not myself, not my mind, not my heart...just God.

Upvote 0

Eve_marie

Mar 4, 2024
Lexington
✟349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh it's okay...you didn't make me feel uncomfortable or anything. I was just clarifying that the dreams weren't sexual or anything.

But anyways...do I have feelings for the guy? Well, that's where it gets complicated. I did kinda start having feelings for him awhile ago...but I thought I shouldn't have feelings for him, because I've always viewed him just as a brother in Christ, and he's always viewed me as a sister in Christ (from what I know). And so that's all I want to be to him: a sister in Christ, a friend. So I gave my heart to God, and told Him to deal with it and get rid of any desire for anything more than friendship with this guy...I completely surrendered those feelings to the Lord, and decided I would focus on God alone. I KNOW I've surrendered it to Him and let go of it. So it shouldn't be coming up in my dreams now, since I've asked God to have control of my dreams and keep me from altering or influencing them. I wanna hear from God in my dreams, not myself, not my mind, not my heart...just God.
Maybe God wants you to date him?? Just a thought.

Upvote 0