Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It’s the only wine I ever drink, not too keen on most others, except communion wine :D, that’s always nice.
We usually don't serve the chalice, only on Maundy Thursday and the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ.

In my old parish, the sacramental wine was franzia chill-able red.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟23,544.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We usually don't serve the chalice, only on Maundy Thursday and the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ.

In my old parish, the sacramental wine was franzia chill-able red.
That’s interesting. Is there a reason behind that? Sorry, I’m a bit clueless, I’ve only been a regular churchgoer for the past year and I’ve only ever been to Anglican churches. At my church, they’ve only just re-introduced drinking from the chalice. Prior to that, it was by intinction for a long time because of covid.

A white wine is served at my church, not sure what it is but I love the taste of it. It’s very strong although sometimes it tastes weaker so I think that perhaps they water it down which is disappointing!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That’s interesting. Is there a reason behind that? Sorry, I’m a bit clueless, I’ve only been a regular churchgoer for the past year and I’ve only ever been to Anglican churches. At my church, they’ve only just re-introduced drinking from the chalice. Prior to that, it was by intinction for a long time because of covid.

A white wine is served at my church, not sure what it is but I love the taste of it. It’s very strong although sometimes it tastes weaker so I think that perhaps they water it down which is disappointing!
Red Wine, from my experience, was always used at Catholic Churches for the Blessed Sacrament. I do not know any reasons beyond that.

I know, in some Episcopalian Churches (USA), Champagne would sometimes be used for the Eucharist, especially at some special occasions.

I'm not knowledgable. I do not know.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟23,544.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Red Wine, from my experience, was always used at Catholic Churches for the Blessed Sacrament. I do not know any reasons beyond that.

I know, in some Episcopalian Churches (USA), Champagne would sometimes be used for the Eucharist, especially at some special occasions.

I'm not knowledgable. I do not know.
Only red wine allowed? I haven’t visited a Catholic Church for a service yet although I will at some point. I know I won’t be allowed to take part in communion but I just want to see what it’s like and how it compares to the service at my church really. My church is an Anglo-Catholic church and I heard they do things similarly? Sorry I’m going off topic…

Champagne? Really? I don’t think I like that idea. Interesting though haha

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Only red wine allowed? I haven’t visited a Catholic Church for a service yet although I will at some point. I know I won’t be allowed to take part in communion but I just want to see what it’s like and how it compares to the service at my church really. My church is an Anglo-Catholic church and I heard they do things similarly? Sorry I’m going off topic…

Champagne? Really? I don’t think I like that idea. Interesting though haha
I’m not entirely sure.

I do love sweet red wines though.

Upvote 0