• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What will happen to me..Please help me...

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟23,222.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So I am still the man who God allowed to have new neighbors who suddenly rented beside my house...

1. And the grown-ups are noisy and do reveling, even until 2 a.m. and past sleeping hours. And they allow their children to shout and be noisy and play in the streets.

2. I have informed them I am reviewing and working, asked them gently and even gave them food, many times. They won't budge. I asked the children to tone down their noise, and to my shock, they looked at me, then resumed playing noisily. I did everything I could think of to let them know.

3. So here's what I recently did, weeks now. I've been playing loudly this recording of real Angels singing (1987 occurrence) and a Gospel presentation.

And yes, I admit, I've been doing this in retaliation. I only play this Playlist whenever this extended family is noisy.

4. They display outbursts of anger and call me names - f --@ ---g g --- o --- t. I don't respond to their tantrums and calls. I don't bang my door even.

Upon reflection, their reaction stems from
-- they really don't want their lifestyle restricted and changed. My presence and playlist speaks to their lifestyle and rebukes that they are doing something wrong, and restrict them.

-- Even if you gently sing a beautiful song but the lyrics are "you are a sinner! Something is wrong with you", it will strike a chord in them. Not really the lyrics nor the Gospel presentation, but I think this is their feeling. That they are being condemned, especially that I'm playing it whenever they are noisy.

5. So my question is - Although it works, shockingly, they suddenly become quiet ( all methods didn't work), what will happen to me if I continue my retaliation? They become angrier every day...

If they complain me, they won't get far because I am playing Worship music and the Gospel presentation has a calming music even. And I am playing it only when they are noisy.

So what will be the bottomline of this?

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I am still the man who God allowed to have new neighbors who suddenly rented beside my house...

1. And the grown-ups are noisy and do reveling, even until 2 a.m. and past sleeping hours. And they allow their children to shout and be noisy and play in the streets.

2. I have informed them I am reviewing and working, asked them gently and even gave them food, many times. They won't budge. I asked the children to tone down their noise, and to my shock, they looked at me, then resumed playing noisily. I did everything I could think of to let them know.

3. So here's what I recently did, weeks now. I've been playing loudly this recording of real Angels singing (1987 occurrence) and a Gospel presentation.

And yes, I admit, I've been doing this in retaliation. I only play this Playlist whenever this extended family is noisy.

4. They display outbursts of anger and call me names - f --@ ---g g --- o --- t. I don't respond to their tantrums and calls. I don't bang my door even.

Upon reflection, their reaction stems from
-- they really don't want their lifestyle restricted and changed. My presence and playlist speaks to their lifestyle and rebukes that they are doing something wrong, and restrict them.

-- Even if you gently sing a beautiful song but the lyrics are "you are a sinner! Something is wrong with you", it will strike a chord in them. Not really the lyrics nor the Gospel presentation, but I think this is their feeling. That they are being condemned, especially that I'm playing it whenever they are noisy.

5. So my question is - Although it works, shockingly, they suddenly become quiet ( all methods didn't work), what will happen to me if I continue my retaliation? They become angrier every day...

If they complain me, they won't get far because I am playing Worship music and the Gospel presentation has a calming music even. And I am playing it only when they are noisy.

So what will be the bottomline of this?
Hello there.

You are one of, I have no idea, how many millions of people in this world, facing a similar situation.
I experienced something of similar nature, and the mentality of the person I tried to reason with was quite unreasonable.
I was praying about the matter, and contemplation what would be the best course to take, and had actually made up my mind on a particular course.

However, the said day I was going to act (a Sunday), a scripture was used at the Christian meeting - Philipians 4:6, 7.
At that moment, on reflecting on the scripture, and its application, I realize it was an answer to my prayer, and so, the action I had in mind, which was simply letting the person know that they have an obligation to fix a problem caused by one of their children, I decided to just forget it.

The next day, I read Psalm 37, and when I read verse 7, the whole situation went out of my mind.
I concluded that God gave me an answer, and realized it's actually the best advice, because at the end of the day, the person knows in their mind that they are wrong, and they can see that I did not take action which most people would normally have taken in a situation like that.
So, bottom line, the door is opened for the result at 1 Peter 2:12 to be possible, and I have peace of mind, knowing that I tried to stay within the bounds of the fine admonition at Romans 12:17-21.

I hope things get bettter for you, but in this world, it's expected that 6 out of 10 (I'm guessing) people will not have neighbors that allow them to be comfortable in their own home.

Edit
Pardon me. Were you asking for advice?
I realize this is nearly a month. How has it been going?

Upvote 0