• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

What is currently on your mind?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thinking about having a nap. Getting too old to go barreling straight into spring yard work. A recliner all winter was much less strenuous.
Ease yourself into it. Don’t over-do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Normally a text that says: (I just to remind you that I love you) is sweet. But last time I got something similar to that was from my sister before she tried to commit suicide. I told her I loved her and reminded her that mom and I are looking forward to seeing her and her husband tomorrow on Mother’s Day. I’m kind of anxious now.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am thinking about decluttering, and about how too much "stuff" is just stressful.
Amen sister. I’m doing the same. I’m calling some auctioneers Monday. With mom being here I need to clear some stuff out to simplify.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't seem to matter how much I try to simplify, the stuff keeps coming back. (Looking at my husband and daughter, here...)
I can relate. My husband just brought home more fishing equipment today. He has enough to fill a store already.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well my sister came up to see mom today. Everything went smoothly. Just a couple of strange things but nothing major. Thanks be to God for that.
Keeping you in my continual prayers. Hope all is well with you.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,562,495.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Today I am thinking about Pentecost, and about John 16:8-11, and about what it might mean to live as a community of people convicted by the Spirit, of the truth of God's righteousness. (I've just about got the outline of this week's sermon nutted out).

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟308,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Today I am thinking about Pentecost, and about John 16:8-11, and about what it might mean to live as a community of people convicted by the Spirit, of the truth of God's righteousness. (I've just about got the outline of this week's sermon nutted out).
Blessed belated Ascension!

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟940,494.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Amen sister. I’m doing the same. I’m calling some auctioneers Monday. With mom being here I need to clear some stuff out to simplify.
Auctioneers? What do you mean exactly? I need to de-clutter, too.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Auctioneers? What do you mean exactly? I need to de-clutter, too.
I have art and antiques. I usually call auctioneers for those items and donate the other stuff.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,233,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Any reason why?

Just the usual angst over cultural issues. Nothing special.

I don't like it. Anger induces really mean-spirited thoughts inside me. Makes one less rational, social etc. I have been trying to be less angry for a while now.. overall, I think I have improved. Sadly today, just reminded me how my mind used to be.

I'm not worried about relapsing or anything. I feel much calmer now.. and I did that all with just a little will power.

Upvote 0