Not open for further replies.

Micaiah

Dec 29, 2002
Western Australia
Visit site
✟2,837.00
Faith
Christian
Nice to have a forum where 'Creationists' can share. The definition is a bit vague. I wonder if there are some TE's who would consider themselves Creationists, yet just view their method different to that assumed by YEC's for example.

I posted a 'statement of faith' in a previous forum for YEC's which I think would have formed a good basis for a sub forum. I guess time will tell. Thanks all the same Erwin.

Anyway, if you are a 'Creationist' what do you believe about Creation.

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Micaiah said:
Nice to have a forum where 'Creationists' can share. The definition is a bit vague. I wonder if there are some TE's who would consider themselves Creationists, yet just view their method different to that assumed by YEC's for example.
I agree that the definition is a bit vague. When it was mentioned on another thread that a creationist only subforum might be established, I had posted the following:
Sinai said:
If a "creationist only" subforum were to be set up on CF, it would probably be prudent to carefully define what is meant by "creationist." If the term is defined the way it typically is in dictionaries, it would probably include virtually all persons who believe the universe was created by a supreme being or other similar entity. If, on the other hand, it is defined the way it is typically used in these CF forums, it would probably be limited to YECs--and possibly to only those YECs who think the universe is less than a particular age (probably somewhere in the range of about 6000-12000 years, though it might be wise to include that in the definition if the principal objective is to limit discussion to only those whose interpretations were precisely the same).

Since "creationist" is not defined, I really don't know who is permitted to discuss issues in this subforum. Anyway, it's still an interesting concept....

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Seek Wisdom and Understanding
Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm rather new to this area of study.
It seems from what I've read so far, that I conform to the Young Earth/No Gap crowd.

Basically, it appears in scripture that when God created Adam he fashioned him as an adult man. Though it would be hard to say exactly how old he appeared to be when he was made It is apparent (at least to me) that he was not an infant or even a toddler.
When he made Eve from the rib, she was roughly the same age as Adam, though she was just formed as well.

From this I can conclude that God created "Old Rocks" and the fossil record so that Science would be unable to physically prove his existance. He wants us to have Faith and not Knowledge. When he set the Stars in the Sky he also made sure that the "Light" from those stars were appropriately positioned in time to hide the fact that they were just made, even though they are so far away.

There is no restriction that I know of that would force God to make creation reflect it's true age, instead of it's apparent age.

Therefore, when an Evolutionist shows me a million year old fossil, I say isn't God wonderful... Being able to make that 6,000 year old stone look like it's a million years old? The Physical Record is exactly how God created it to appear.

Upvote 0

Null-Geodesic

Aug 17, 2004
✟580.00
Faith
Protestant
Wisdom's Child said:
Therefore, when an Evolutionist shows me a million year old fossil, I say isn't God wonderful... Being able to make that 6,000 year old stone look like it's a million years old? The Physical Record is exactly how God created it to appear.
Very dangerous philosophy/theology this. God creating a fake history which implies he is a deceiver.

This new board is way too vague in it's definition. Are not all Christians Creationists? And if you restrict it to YEC for instance then you have the silliness that goes on on Theology Web where the Creationist only board becomes a place where the YEC run and post slurs against the other posters who are not then allowed to defend themselves as they are prevented from posting there.

Upvote 0

Null-Geodesic

Aug 17, 2004
✟580.00
Faith
Protestant
SIXDAYCREATIONIST said:
one of my friends calls it "Intelligent Design Theory" and i have to say that i like that name better. so when people ask me if i am a creationist i say, no, i am an intelligent design theorist.
The problem with ID is that it isn't necessarily Christian. There are some IDers who believe the ID is a Universal spirit or aliens.

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Seek Wisdom and Understanding
Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then it is equally dangerous to put faith in The Scriptures which say that the Earth was Created in 7 Days.

We on this Earth would have no knowledge of such things as Stars in the Sky for many hundreds of thousands of more years because such light would as yet be able to reach us.

It is not by Desception that God has Mysteries, or that He creates a World and Universe with a rich History and detail.

Isaiah 44:24-25
... I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;
Romans 1:20-22
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Upvote 0

pressingon

pressingon
May 18, 2004
Visit site
✟15,582.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Null-Geodesic said:
Very dangerous philosophy/theology this. God creating a fake history which implies he is a deceiver.
As a Christian who holds to the YEC viewpoint, I agree with your statement completely. There are other explanations than God creating a fake history.

Null-Geodesic said:
This new board is way too vague in it's definition. Are not all Christians Creationists? And if you restrict it to YEC for instance then you have the silliness that goes on on Theology Web where the Creationist only board becomes a place where the YEC run and post slurs against the other posters who are not then allowed to defend themselves as they are prevented from posting there.

Pesonally this board was not really needed. It probably will end up requiring a CF Health Warning for the scientific mumbo jumbo it shall engender. Don't let your kids in lest they learn how the Universe doesn't work.
These are issues you should take up with Erwin.

That being said, I'm glad these "fellowship" type of boards have been created, as I had grown more than weary of trying to keep the peace and promote understanding between the varying viewpoints regarding our origins. We all need to learn to rely more on God's leading in the words we choose to post. It's one thing to engage in civil debate, but another to create needless division and argument through harsh words about each other and other behavior that reflects poorly upon our witness for Christ.

Upvote 0

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
Null-Geodesic said:
Pesonally this board was not really needed. It probably will end up requiring a CF Health Warning for the scientific mumbo jumbo it shall engender. Don't let your kids in lest they learn how the Universe doesn't work.
Aw come on now. This is discussion, not a paper to be submitted to the academic world for approval or something published in a science journal.

If all discussions had to have an all-knowing guru hanging about then the presence of said guru would negate the reason for the discussion in the first place. He'd already know.

These are public boards, we're not studying for a Master's Degree using the views of others to put together a thesis or something. It's simply a "Come on, sit down, Let's kick an idea around a bit."

Besides, it's fun. If I care to expand on my learning there surely is nothing stopping me from enrolling into a college or school. Or even better yet, a seminary. :)

Upvote 0

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
Our dating of materials either by carbon dating or measuring argon gas isn't infallible as far as I'm concerned. After Mt. St Helens blew some people went up there and took readings used to show when the last time a volcano erupted. Their data showed 100,000 years ago or some such huge number of years and the rock was still warm. It was in some of the papers around here like on page 14 or something like that. That relevation was quickly swept under the carpet. But that's a whole nuther topic.

I visited the timpanogos, a cave system not far from here. The guide pointed to a structure and said it took 80,000 years to form. I wanted to ask if she'd seen my bathroom faucets lately. :) But that's a whole nuther topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
Why research it. You already have. At any rate that info was never published so you're one up on them. :)
And there's a very plausible reason that the structure in the cave wasn't 80K years old but one would have to accept a creationist's view so that reasoning will never be accepted by a non-creationist. I couldn't be a guide up there and keep a straight face anyway. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think http://www.dictionary.com sums it up nicely with their definition of Creationism:

Creationism
Belief in the literal interpretation of the account of the creation of the universe and of all living things related in the Bible.

Generally I believe a Creationist is one who believes in a literal 6 day creation in which God rested on the 7th day and that these days were 24-hour days. Oh and I am a Young Earth Creationist! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PotLuck said:
Well hiya Holly! :wave:

And I'm an old young earth creationist.
:)

Well, maybe not that old but I'm workin' on it.
So far so good.

Sometimes I get a real kick outta labels. :D
LOL! That's funny! But hey, you're not that old! ;) One of my best friends is a neighbor of mine who is in his early 50s. In fact, I think he's 51 or 52. Lots of my neighbors around here like him because he's such a funny and friendly kind of guy. Anyway, I happen to be the type of person who likes to put labels on everything. :angel: Are you that way? Anyway, nice to meet you PotLuck! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
Holly3278 said:
Anyway, I happen to be the type of person who likes to put labels on everything. :angel: Are you that way?
Nah, not really. But I need to start though. I'm finding I'm having a harder time remembering where I put anything!
:D

J/K

All this YEC, OEC, TE, DVD, RSVP is still a bit new to me. :)
Now ya got me started. :blush:

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry too much about hecklers John.

Let's just quietly get on with edifying each other and totally ignore anything unpleasant shall we?

They might get bored and go away, or they might learn to be more gracious when interacting.

Either way, we'll keep this area peaceful.

God bless, Susana

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Holly3278 said:
I think http://www.dictionary.com sums it up nicely with their definition of Creationism:

Creationism
Belief in the literal interpretation of the account of the creation of the universe and of all living things related in the Bible.

Generally I believe a Creationist is one who believes in a literal 6 day creation in which God rested on the 7th day and that these days were 24-hour days. Oh and I am a Young Earth Creationist! :wave:
Why would you consider the YEC to be more literal than the OEC or the GAP? They both believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. Esp GAP that beleives that Adam and Eve really did live about 6000 years ago, and that all the Hebrew people today are decended from them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.