What do you think about the relationship between social conservatives and feminism?

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟108,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bizarre Bedfellows

I don't know if I'm in the minority but I think it feels a little alienating and awkward to hear conservative (usually anti-feminist) tacitly agree with the idea that "men are pigs", "kill all men", "there are no good men", "men are horny dogs who just want sex" etc. Ad nauseum. And I don't think its necessarily wrong to desire sex.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,719.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bizarre Bedfellows

I don't know if I'm in the minority but I think it feels a little alienating and awkward to hear conservative (usually anti-feminist) tacitly agree with the idea that "men are pigs", "kill all men", "there are no good men", "men are horny dogs who just want sex" etc. Ad nauseum. And I don't think its necessarily wrong to desire sex.
A number of the institutions that feminists have worked to damage and destroy can be said to have been built on the assumption that if men can get free sex, many will, regardless of what happens to the women. Social structures and norms such as marriage and having male relatives vet suitors were measures of protecting their daughters from cads who just wanted to get off and move on. As imperfect as it was, I'd call it an improvement over fornication, single motherhood, abortion, and many women being forced to choose between one of the last two. Among men who have settled down and married, there seems to be a tendency for those who were the most troublesome to be the most protective; they know best how bad a guy can be, because they were those guys.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bizarre Bedfellows

Do you have any examples you can post

Upvote 0