Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been bored with reruns this summer and really sick of the same commercials over and over and over again! But I didn't even know this thread exited! I watched Dateline and Buried in the Backyard, but mostly news and weather. I watched a few movies with Greer Garson. I've always liked her.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've been bored with reruns this summer and really sick of the same commercials over and over and over again! But I didn't even know this thread exited! I watched Dateline and Buried in the Backyard, but mostly news and weather. I watched a few movies with Greer Garson. I've always liked her.

Do you mean the continuous Medicare Advantage, Mesothelioma, Roundup, St. Judes, Strong Arm lawyers, drugs, etc.? :rolleyes:

We rarely watch regular TV and don't have cable. We do watch Jeopardy; Pawn Stars and Storage Wars reruns because we never watched them before; and local news. Instead we stream free services. Some have lots of commercials, others a few, but we mute when they come on.

Currently watching My Favorite Martian. Will watch the Dick Van Dyke Show after that. Then The Flying Nun. ;)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Commercials: Allstate (Mayhem guy) My Pillow, Charmin, Lume, Relaxium, Golo.... I mute disgusting ones. I like food commercials. BTW, I lost a lot of weight by eliminating sugar ---a lot!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Commercials: Allstate (Mayhem guy) My Pillow, Charmin, Lume, Relaxium, Golo.... I mute disgusting ones. I like food commercials. BTW, I lost a lot of weight by eliminating sugar ---a lot!

Ah, those commercials too! Liberty Mutual with the emu, Progressive Insurance, Botox. Zoc Doc. There's a theme there, yes? Insurance, lawyers, medical. And I think mostly aimed at older folks.

Do you eat bread? I make it without the sugar the recipes call for and don't notice any difference in taste or texture.

There's a good show we watch on YouTube (the free version) called Glen and Friends Cooking. He's Canadian. On Sundays he makes a recipe from one of many old, old cookbooks he has. Another day of the week he makes something else. Fun to watch!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ah, those commercials too! Liberty Mutual with the emu, Progressive Insurance, Botox. Zoc Doc. There's a theme there, yes? Insurance, lawyers, medical. And I think mostly aimed at older folks.

Do you eat bread? I make it without the sugar the recipes call for and don't notice any difference in taste or texture.

There's a good show we watch on YouTube (the free version) called Glen and Friends Cooking. He's Canadian. On Sundays he makes a recipe from one of many old, old cookbooks he has. Another day of the week he makes something else. Fun to watch!
I made a couple of loaves of bread when I was a new Mormon bride, but my husband claimed he wasn't fond of bread. o_O He had said, "That smells good" while it was baking. o_O So he didn't like breakfast or sandwiches, but at bedtime he always had a large bowl of ready-to-eat-cereal! :scratch:
Anyway I quit baking bread in the early seventies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

My favorite commercial right now is Golden Corral: "Yeah right, Grandpa. You live in Miama (Miami)" I like kids The lawyers aren't funny, but they don't annoy me because their commercials don't seem to go on for months and months like My Pillow: "Hey, Megan, it's the My Pillow guy."

I always watched Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, and Bob Newhart (back in the days).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We're muddling through a BBC three-part version of War of the Worlds from 2019. It's kind of slow moving. And very dark. Done with the second part, that's enough for tonight! Don't know that I'll watch the third part though my husband probably will. The 1953 movie is still tops. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums