What are some things the American church doesn’t preach about enough?

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like what topics need to be preached about more American churches but are seldomly preached about
The good news of Christ. How one can recieve the righteousness through Christ. Stop with applications of scriptures preach the truth.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟484,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Holy Trinity, the nature of Christ, the doctrine of the Incarnation, the witness of the martyrs and Early Church Fathers, the nature of angels and the bodiless powers, and especially among Methodists, as my friend @Berserk may or may not agree, salvation through Theosis, or Entire Sanctification as St. John Wesley called it.

Also since Canada has largely the same ecclesiastical landscape I should like the opinion of my friend @MarkRohfrietsch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,586.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only thing Jesus taught, the good news/gospel of the Kingdom. Not a particular favourite in a nation with a thing about kings and absolute rule.
Not to mention how the religion at one point left the Kingdom and rejoined the world of man, the arch enemy of the Kingdom, and how that has affected religion and politics to this very day, especially in the US

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,586.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you show what you mean from Scripture, in line with all Scripture ?
You said it yourself
If God has called you at all then he has called you to live in spirit outside the world system.
On the one hand we are a chosen people, called and delivered out of the world system.

If you are outside the system and thesystem is the culture of man, then you are counter-culture

Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0