Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had an accident in my truck today. I prayed before I left and invited the Lord to accompany me and protect me. Here's how it went:

I had gassed up at the gas station and was turning left crossing oncoming traffic and going to the far lane. Busy intersection. I met eyes with the guy in a small suv because I wanted out. So the guy glances in his mirror and then waves me out. I thought it was clear. I started to go, and...it wasn't clear. I hit some medium sized suv looking thing and it sure was my fault. Even if the guy did wave me out. I wasn't going fast when I hit her. It smudged the paint on my rock solid bumber, lol. But it caved in her passenger door So I went ahead and made my turn so I wasn't blocking traffic and we both pulled over across the street from where it happend.

Bad things I was looking at were:
My DL was expired!
I had no insurance.
I was packing a pistol in my belt for protection. (supposed to be legal now but it's still akward!)
With no license or insurance, they might impound my truck! So I could get a slew of charges. :(

The only good thing I did have was good tags. But I am newish to this area and I knew my license was expired since 2020, but they had shut down the DL office because of Covid. So I waited on that to end. Then after that, we all know what happened. Food prices went up very fast and are ridiculous now. And I'm on disability SS. I could not afford all those charges and would likely lose my only transportation at the impound lot Isnt an impounded vehicle like, hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get out?

Luckily by the grace of God, the cops took 45 minutes to show up. So I had a lot of time to pray and praise the Lord and tell Jesus that I trust Him, and that's what I was doing! So the cops roll in and I get out and the others did too and License & Insurance please. Man, I did not want to lose my truck! SO I gave him my expired license and registration and said I don't have my insurance info available right now and I think it might be expired...

He said ok and went back to his car. When he came back, he said, do I have anyone that can come drive my truck home for me because he can't let me drive it away and if I don't then he has to impound it. I mumbled under my breath, I trust you Jesus and was was honest with the officer and said no kids are grown, wife moved on. I'm new to the area and on SS and could not have any hope of keeping my truck and getting it out. So this will be a major downfall for me and then the cop said instantly, Ok You can leave it here and walk home and I wont impound it!But just get someone to help you get it home. Then he gave me two tickets. One for failure to yield, and one for having no valid license. I told him I had plans to renew it but at first it was covid and after that the food went up so much that it started being my priority. I do still like to eat, lol.

That was one nice cop! God bless him for going minimal on me! First time that I've been pulled over here in Ohio and the cops here arent anything like they were in Colorado. In Colorado Springs, where I used to live the police are all militant and stuff. I've had them guys get a tape measure out of their car and stop and measure my truck tires from the curb. Nobody gets any breaks from the police in C. Springs.

I guess I am getting a license and insurance for Christmas then, before the court date on 12/21 lol! and those tickets prolly wont be more than a couple hundred bucks and I can deal with that.And to top it all off, the people in the car I hit said they know a body man and will let me make payments to them for the damage. So how cool is that?! It wasnt a pristine super nice car so there's another blessing.

Praise the Lord! No gun charges or confrontations, nothing big. Just traffic.

I had invited the Lord to ride with me, so He could have prevented me from the accident? Perhaps, He wanted to see if I would hold onto my faith in Him until the end of the incident? I don't know. But I kept praying and telling Jesus that I trust you Jesus and stood on my faith and hobbled through it until the Lord let me off the hook so to speak!

And yes, I went across the street and bought a cup of coffee and the cop drove away pretty quick and within a few minutes I felt an inner peace in me that said, go drive your truck home. So I did and it's all right now. I had no one to call to come drive for me. I think the cop knew that too. In fact I told him I didn't. The Lord softened his heart and I Praise Him for that!

What's that scripture say? In the world, you will have tribulations...but keep your faith.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟428,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But be of good cheer I have overcome the world. You poor guy, better get street legal. We would have a shipfitter for that pistol. Instant jail. Ohio used to be a strict highway patrol. Lightened up the laws a bit. Do you really need a pistol in your belt there? Wow!

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,023,980.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Cant understand people who drive without a licence or insurance!

You will prob get done for both even if you get insurance now.

In the UK, the cops have that info immediately after the car reg is typed into car pc or radioed into headquarters.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But be of good cheer I have overcome the world. You poor guy, better get street legal. We would have a shipfitter for that pistol. Instant jail. Ohio used to be a strict highway patrol. Lightened up the laws a bit. Do you really need a pistol in your belt there? Wow!

I lived in Colorado for 30 years or so and I got used to carrying it because at first when the kids were small, the safest place for do a loaded pistol is on someones belt. An adult. Then it got to be habit. Then home invasions started so it was a good idea to answer the door wearing a pistol (concealed).I had one attempted home invasion that I stopped without shooting anyone. But I denied them entry!

Colorado had open carry back then. Prolly still do. Can't be concealed. So I had to lay it on the seat beside me a lot of times and informed the officer so it was ok. Then CCW permits came out, and I could see where I did not need one ala shall NOT be infringed. I managed to stay out of trouble and I stopped them from entering my house, so I won.

There isn't any such thing as a safe neighbrohood anymore. The criminals have cars too. But I have been Blessed! Because out in Colorado the Lord gifted me an old 1995 4wd pickup that just screams to people he aint no target! Look at that truck! No money there, lol. SO I'm kind of in disguise, tho it is true I usually dont have money!

I do have to get insurance and a drivers licens before court but that is going to be rough. To be completely street legal before court.

It's been so long since I had a ticket that I had to go to court for that I dont remember if they let you postpone the court date one time? Would they do that for me? (The Lord knows!)

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know what to say. You have let on so much about yourself. It seems sad. You probably don’t want to go there, but I’m feeling for you.

It occured to me that there is certain amount of security in poverty, because it keeps me clinging to the Lord! But I have learned to be content. So it's not that bad.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟428,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember being on my own and getting busted up by a relationship. It took all the fight out of me for awhile. Sure it’s simpler. But you have to be hustling. Had to go to school on gi bill to make ends meet. Then the lord found me and blessed me. You have him. I’m praying he blesses you better.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟72,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is I appreciated your story. I too have been let off easy by police with a prayer and asking forgiveness, I have had more warnings by far than citations. If you can get your license in order before the court date, that might look good. Perhaps the prosecutor will talk to you briefly before the hearing or you can maybe see him in his office and ask what he would like you to do. Often, they will work with you. It would look good too if you already had the other owner satisfied.

On the damage you might consider having the owner gets at least two estimates. Probably it is a good deal but at least pray about that. If the car is not too new you might be able to get a used door the same exact factory color. I have done that before. Hopefully the rest of the side has no damage but in any case, I am glad God had mercy in this. Your insurance might be pretty high if you have to report the accident without insurance. They like to charge those with no insurance a whole lot more at first for some retribution I guess. I pray you can find something affordable and can handle all the bills that arise from this. God bless!

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is I appreciated your story. I too have been let off easy by police with a prayer and asking forgiveness, I have had more warnings by far than citations. If you can get your license in order before the court date, that might look good. Perhaps the prosecutor will talk to you briefly before the hearing or you can maybe see him in his office and ask what he would like you to do. Often, they will work with you. It would look good too if you already had the other owner satisfied.

On the damage you might consider having the owner gets at least two estimates. Probably it is a good deal but at least pray about that. If the car is not too new you might be able to get a used door the same exact factory color. I have done that before. Hopefully the rest of the side has no damage but in any case, I am glad God had mercy in this. Your insurance might be pretty high if you have to report the accident without insurance. They like to charge those with no insurance a whole lot more at first for some retribution I guess. I pray you can find something affordable and can handle all the bills that arise from this. God bless!

The weird thing was that I inivited the Lord to ride with me and protect me before I even left the house! I even prayed that I would not have any accidents, like I always do. Then I had an accident. So God was doing something deeper with me. Maybe it was to see me hold my faith until it was over. I did do that. So I feel like I passed the test! It's good to win one sometimes, usually I fail, lol.

Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0