Kingston
✟15,263.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello everyone. Just a Christian girl looking for advice on her Christian vows. Lol thank you in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• 20200911_195608.jpg
    20200911_195608.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: St_Worm2

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Canadiens, huh ! Just don’t promise to obey (shudder). My mom did back in the 50s and I remember looking at her like she was crazy when I asked when I was a teenager . “You actually promised to obey daddy , .... why?!?!?!”

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Righteous Rebellion

Sep 11, 2020
Kingston
✟15,263.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Canadiens, huh ! Just don’t promise to obey (shudder). My mom did back in the 50s and I remember looking at her like she was crazy when I asked when I was a teenager . “You actually promised to obey daddy , .... why?!?!?!”

Lolll did she keep her promise?

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. Just a Christian girl looking for advice on her Christian vows. Lol thank you in advance for your feedback.
Seems mostly good. But when I read "to love and cherish you won't be hard because loving you is so easy" I was reminded of the traditional vow regarding loving when it is not so easy. This is where the vow is most crucial in it's marital demands to unconditional fidelity. This is the point at which most spouses fail to keep their marriage vow to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for better, for worse, all the days of our life.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And here I feel that a vow to obey would be perfect to add to the part of what God calls you to do...

Very nice vows though, congratulations!

I like the sports reference, gotta have that worked out...will probably avoid a bunch of fights.

:oldthumbsup:

Welcome to CF btw!

Last edited:
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,937,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Righteous Rebellion, I see that you are a new member, so first off, WELCOME TO CF :wave: Also, congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage :) (and, of course, for being Habs fans too :D)
My wife and I are working on our 33 anniversary, but I still remember most of my wedding day like it just happened a few weeks ago.

As far as your vows are concerned, what you've written sounds great. I'm not sure that this is what you are looking for, but if you'd like to add some more things from the Bible, here are a few passages (in case you do not already know them) that you might find helpful, at least in part, including one or two verses that will answer @Brightmoon's "why" question about wives agreeing to obey their husbands in marriage ceremonies (though I'm certain that she knows the answer now ;)).

Wives are to respect and ~voluntarily~ submit themselves to their husbands spiritual leadership in their home. Husbands, on the other hand, are to love/agapao their wives as they love their own bodies, and as Christ loved the church, which means that we are to choose to die for our wives if necessary.

Finally, the text in bold in the passage from 1 Corinthians 13 below are the parts of loving my wife that I have found to be the most important throughout our years of our marriage (though all of the different parts of agape/love are very important, of course).

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails.

Ephesians 5
22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
30 because we are members of His body.
31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

1 Peter 3
1 Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behaviour of their wives,
2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewellery and fine clothes.
4 Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands,
6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

--David
p.s. - Psalm 31:10-31 could be considered as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0