Trump's letter is insane. It is not a "scathing letter to Pelosi." It is a sign of illness

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Shouldn't we be praying to have God give the President the strength and power to make the write choices?

You want a prayer for Donald?

Psalms 109:8 has been very popular, but under current circumstances, might I suggest Psalms 71:11 instead?

Upvote 0

The.Cartographer

Dec 18, 2019
Earth
✟17,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You want a prayer for Donald?

Psalms 109:8 has been very popular, but under current circumstances, might I suggest Psalms 71:11 instead?
Geez I thought it'd be Psalms 109:3 and Psalms 109:5 respectively :idea:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Childish screed? Did you actually read it? It sounded like well thought out and tempered; it didn't sound unhinged or inept at all. If someone attacks you and misquotes you to make you seem like a bad person there are far worse words one can use and I thought it was quite levelheaded and to the point. I don't understand why there's such a dog pile on the man.

If you think that sounds well thought out and tempered, you might want to start reading more challenging material. I'd be embarrassed to write a work email like that.

Her real mistake was to apologise.

There's some truth to that. I'd have to dig up the research, but my understanding is that the public's response to politician's misdeeds is largely dependent on how remorseful the politician is. If the politician acts like it was a big deal, then the public dogpiles on them; but if the politician blows it off, then so do the people.

Upvote 0

Jezabella

Dec 3, 2019
Sydney
✟11,454.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Too bad he doesn't use a ghost writer for his tweets as well. :)
You know he didn't write his book Art of the Deal, right? The actual writer doesn't believe Trump has even read it, but he is listed as the official author.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,131,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You know he didn't write his book Art of the Deal, right? The actual writer doesn't believe Trump has even read it, but he is listed as the official author.
Here's what ghost writer Tony Schwartz said about Trump's letter to Pelosi:
‘Art Of The Deal’ Co-Author Explains What Trump’s Letter To Pelosi Is Really About
Schwartz also accused Trump of committing “countless crimes” and called him “a horrendous human being who seeks only to become a dictator, and even that won’t make you feel any better.”

“We are the victims of your deep inner emptiness,” added Schwartz, who advised Trump’s Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for free in the 2016 campaign and has since repeatedly predicted Trump will ultimately resign from office rather than be forced out.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump is seemingly tweeting out the bits they wouldn't let him put in the letter:

SUCH ATROCIOUS LIES BY THE RADICAL LEFT, DO NOTHING DEMOCRATS. THIS IS AN ASSAULT ON AMERICA, AND AN ASSAULT ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!
When this President attempts to solicit "dirt" on his political opponents from foreign leaders, he should be prepared for them to turn the tables and to attack him all day, every day!

Its taken 3 long years, but now his opponents are familiar with his political "playbook" and are prepared to play "hardball" exploiting his personal weakness - with no quarter asked for or given!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟497,600.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When this President attempts to solicit "dirt" on his political opponents from foreign leaders, he should be prepared for them to turn the tables and to attack him all day, every day!

Its taken 3 long years, but now his opponents are familiar with his political "playbook" and are prepared to play "hardball" exploiting his personal weakness - with no quarter asked for or given!
He'll still be re-elected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
636179054642855541-Benson-Trump-Unpresidented-12-22-16.jpg

He'll still be re-elected.
Only in America can a presidential candidate who receives 3 million fewer votes than his/her opponent be declared the "WINNER!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pastor Jay Randolph

Pastor Jay Randolph
Sep 28, 2016
Cincinnati
Visit site
✟17,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Too bad he doesn't use a ghost writer for his tweets as well. :)
Regardless of what you want from our society or government you must know how crooked she was, just like Clinton. Anybody who thinks our voting system is running the way it should be spending all their time watching cartoons. I am not concern with who has been the most crooked, I just want something done to stop it. Our voting system needs to be improved so that every legal American living with the right to vote can vote and it count, but only once. We need to have rules for the voting, and it should apply equally to every voting location. If there is something we want from Congress or anyone else, it should be clearly stated and apply to them all. Regardless of who is president, or who has the majority in congress, the rules should apply evenly to them all.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟151,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Regardless of what you want from our society or government you must know how crooked she was, just like Clinton.

Who’s this you’re speaking about?
Anybody who thinks our voting system is running the way it should be spending all their time watching cartoons. I am not concern with who has been the most crooked, I just want something done to stop it.
Where has it been shown that our voting systems are defective or deficient to the point where we need to overhaul them?
Pastor Jay Randolph said:
Our voting system needs to be improved so that every legal American living with the right to vote can vote and it count, but only once. We need to have rules for the voting, and it should apply equally to every voting location.

If there is something we want from Congress or anyone else, it should be clearly stated and apply to them all. Regardless of who is president, or who has the majority in congress, the rules should apply evenly to them all.

States each have their own elections Laws; do you wish to Federalize (all) elections?

Upvote 0