✟127,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lamentations 3:
1 I am the man who has seen affliction by the rod of His wrath.

Jeremiah's perspective on the events leading up to the siege of Jerusalem, the destruction of the city and the Temple, and the carrying away of the seed royal provides much more than an eye witness account. The word raw 'aw [H7200], translated "has seen" means much more than this, and conveys the idea of "to examine" and "to fully consider".
As the voice of God to his generation, Jeremiah was aware of every provocation and every repercussion. By studying every word of his testimony found in the book bearing his name, we can fully consider the role of affliction in the life of the saint. Jeremiah's conclusions are startling and profound, and draw us into a deeper study of Lamentations, and the narrative of his testimony.

19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟127,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Lamentations 3:
1 I am the man who has seen affliction by the rod of His wrath.

Jeremiah's perspective on the events leading up to the siege of Jerusalem, the destruction of the city and the Temple, and the carrying away of the seed royal provides much more than an eye witness account. The word raw 'aw [H7200], translated "has seen" means much more than this, and conveys the idea of "to examine" and "to fully consider".
As the voice of God to his generation, Jeremiah was aware of every provocation and every repercussion. By studying every word of his testimony found in the book bearing his name, we can fully consider the role of affliction in the life of the saint. Jeremiah's conclusions are startling and profound, and draw us into a deeper study of Lamentations, and the narrative of his testimony.

19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 4:
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing,
yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us
a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.
For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Upvote 0