St. Louis, MO.
✟375,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting data on which US states have the highest percentage of Christian and other religious believers. Christians as a whole are the largest group. But they're broken down among the various Christian denominations, i.e., Catholic, Evangelical, Mainline Protestant, Historically Black Protestant, Orthodox Christians, and others. Also, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, are counted as Christians. Percentages of Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and others in each state are also listed. And those labeled as "Unaffiliated" comprise fairly decent percentages in each state.

The data comes from Pew Research, which is a well-established polling organization.

Most Christian States 2024

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟253,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

God knows who has believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life and become a born again child of God. They can post all the polls they want but unless a person has believed in Jesus for Eternal Life. They are no different than an unbeliever, except they may identity as a christian and state this in a poll.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
They stole N. Carolinas coast and gave UT a border with Mexico.

But on topic, why are the super Christian southern states so not Catholic?
The "Deep South" has historically been anti-Catholic with the exception of some parts of Louisiana and Texas.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What? Because of the tabernacle I assume? ;)
Yeah. She did not get it. But I was the granddaughter that provided for her when nobody else did. I think that was a witness to her.

• Winner
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. She did not get it. But I was the granddaughter that provided for her when nobody else did. I think that was a witness to her.
Sounds wonderful! I think most Protestants would be very weirded out by genuflecting if they never saw it. LOL

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds wonderful! I think most Protestants would be very weirded out by genuflecting if they never saw it. LOL
Well understandably really. The majority have no inking of the Church’s beliefs and teachings. And there is that ever present anti-Catholic grapevine many are fed…so it’s no wonder.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0