Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This video I think makes a really important point in regards to contemporary politics and culture. Especially the moral equivalency games played by progressive politicians and their followers in politics, the sophistry in academia and so on.

The video touches on the recent video where Jordan Peterson's daughter, Mikaela did a show on Islam and it's treatment of women, as well as the recent attack on Salman Rushdie.

It especially points out the difference in the public approval of violence on social media between Christians and Muslims.

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Interesting and not surprising sadly. I remember hearing a John Stott sermon talking about the Islamic prayer beads that have a different name or title for God on each of the 99 beads. So, for example, one bead might be labelled “The Holy”, the next “The Controller”, etc.

Missing is “The Father”.

How much more easy it is to kill and celebrate the murder of your enemies when they are not children of God, not your brothers.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,276,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting and not surprising sadly. I remember hearing a John Stott sermon talking about the Islamic prayer beads that have a different name or title for God on each of the 99 beads. So, for example, one bead might be labelled “The Holy”, the next “The Controller”, etc.

Missing is “The Father”.

Christians don't necessarily believe that God is everyone's father, either. In fact that's fairly common for Evangelicals to deny that. I've sat through sermons in churches where that is the case.

Upvote 0