Visit site
✟1,513,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
An excellent article, setting out some principles which all of us in ministry should bear in mind (not just for abuse of children, but more generally too).

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was going to share but.. how we believe does in fact come into play. The woman caught in adultery she did something against the law and they had the right to stone her. Yet what did Christ say? Told them you with out sin.. that moment they could see fully their own sin but what sin did they do that was worthy of death? Sin of any kind will never enter heaven. So a lie is just as bad as adultery for no sin will enter heaven. God hates all sin. Yet He already died for the sin of the world. He said love your enemy..how does He love us? See how we believe can .. anyway. I disagree on part. In this world some sins we will pay a price for but there is no price to be paid to be forgiven for He already paid it all it is finished.

Hind sight is always 20/20 huh :) I don't know this story so.. based on just what was said.. I would not have listened to them.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟760,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A very sensible article in remembering the feelings of those are told to forgive most horrible abusers. Such abusers must remember that their repentance is required if they really understand what forgiveness is.

Upvote 0