Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I watched "The Burial" on Amazon Prime. It stars Jamie Foxx and Tommy Lee Jones.

I have to say, it was very entertaining, funny, and even heartwarming. All the better, it's based on a true story of two very different men meeting at the heart.

One thing I liked is that although the two men have their definite ups and downs as the story progresses, it is never the typical trope of two men hating each other at the outset and finally coming to respect each other. They actually respect each other from the start, despite the issues of race that swirl around them. The main plot is: Can this Diverse David Duo manage to topple the corporate Goliath?

Definitely worth a watch. The plot is fairly predictable (it's from a real story, after all), but the acting is what it's about.

Foxx seems at his best portraying real people, and Tommy Lee Jones always delivers.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟738,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Jamie Fox to me is up there with Sammy Davis Jr. and Eddie Murphy etc. He's got the acting, the singing, and the comedy all at genius levels. I am still moved ny his portrayal of Ray Charles. From the stand-up stage to Hollywood Shuffle and beyond to his dramatic roles, he's a genius. I will searh out this film on my Prime membership. Is it a Prime film or a major motion film that's being played on Prime? Tommy Lee has ben holding it down since the 1970 production of Love Story. That film ripped me apart on the insides. Especially in light of the death of my fiancee'.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jamie Fox to me is up there with Sammy Davis Jr. and Eddie Murphy etc. He's got the acting, the singing, and the comedy all at genius levels. I am still moved ny his portrayal of Ray Charles. From the stand-up stage to Hollywood Shuffle and beyond to his dramatic roles, he's a genius. I will searh out this film on my Prime membership. Is it a Prime film or a major motion film that's being played on Prime? Tommy Lee has ben holding it down since the 1970 production of Love Story. That film ripped me apart on the insides. Especially in light of the death of my fiancee'.
It's an Amazon Original.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I'll have a look! It's always a struggle to find something to watch that isn't politically motivated, saturated with sex and/or violence or just plain bad acting. This sounds promising!
It is R rated for language. No problem other than that, though.

Upvote 0